Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Pick Hsien Ko, she's beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Pick Hsien Ko, she's beast.

step 1: Don't listen to Fergus

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MrHorse

pick wesker he got an easy learning curve ;) i think every1 agrees with me on that 1 hehehe.

also pick characters that u luv, it helps u keep at umvc3. i lose with my characters in most of the time i casuals :( but i will nvr drop em just cos i love dorm and ammy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NocturNeru

Does anybody here have the UMVC3 official guide?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Step 2, fu nutrient

• Advertisement

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Step 2, fu nutrient

Step 3: disregard step 2 and refer back to step 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

How to Escape the UWT Reset

untitled-1-1333563353.jpg

I took everyone's characters of choice in the IFGC into the lab and looked for different methods in escaping the dreaded UWT. As i've promised over the 2 years i've been playing this game with you guys, i'll be listing how to do it with each character here.

note: 1: if your Character can either fly, double jump or air-dash i won't be listing then because you already know yourself thats how that specific character gets out of the situation.
    2: -> = tech toward, F = free, T = correct timing needed

Wolverine: -> S (F)
    She-Hulk: -> S (F)
    Iron-Fist: -> S (T)
    Hawkeye: -> S (F)
    Haggar: -> S (i've also been hit by Pipe before so i know thats possible) (T)
    Dr Strange: -> S (T)

Chris: -> H (T)
    Akuma: Demon Flip
    Spencer: Tarzan Swig
    Wesker: Teleport
    Hulk: I've been hit by Air Smash before but couldn't to it in training mode...
    Spider-Man: Maximum Spider, DHC to 2nd character (pretty annoying)

Nemesis: N/A
    P.Wright: N/A (hehehehe:P)

there you have it, hope this will help you guys if you ever have to fight against any other random Spidey player that you may come across in an international tourny.
    spidey.jpg

NocturNeru wrote: »
    Does anybody here have the UMVC3 official guide?
    myself and a couple others do, pretty sure there is a PDF version online

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Great Post Ben.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

2gen wrote: »
    P.Wright: Throw Ben2Gen's arcade stick to the floor before he does the input for UWT.

Fixed

Edit: I actually managed to hit a Spiderman player out of his throw with Wright ONCE with a jumping light. But I just don't think they were doing the combo as well as you usually do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Yeah, Ben's set up is his own, he spaces it properly.

Excellent post Ben!

Lythero wrote: »
    Fixed

Edit: I actually managed to hit a Spider-Man player out of his throw with Wright ONCE with a jumping light. But I just don't think they were doing the combo as well as you usually do.

if the Spidey player uses an OTG assist, then any character should be close enough to tech forward and air throw

(4:10 is an example)

i now end with a standing H after a ground bounce which causes Spidey to be pushed back a bit. that with the start up animation of UWT (he jumps back) puts him outside of throw range so you need a fast/long reaching normal.

yep i always get hit by that spider-man reset that ben does. i think i avoided ure doom -> spider man uwt dhc reset by accident cos i took the doom super before u dhc'd ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

Yassar: My question is this how many copies has the game sold up til now, i know you may be reluctant to give numbers but if thats the case sir can you atleast tell us if the game (UMVC3) was a flop? considered still to be a flop or actually over time it has become a hit?

Svensson: As you know, I can not divulge sales figures here. Only IR can do that.

That said, I'm satisfied with sales at this point and it continues to sell actively.
    Guess that explains the cracked discs:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

So if anyone ever wants an update to happen to this game, whether it's for fine-tuning, mechanic tweaking or giving lawyers everywhere a slightly improved survival rate in armed combat, give this a shot.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/marvel-update-twitter-campaign.174522/#post-7891236

Marvel have been the biggest obstacle to updates due to their licensing agreements, but the Marvel guys on twitter are acknowledging these openly - my own tweet got retweeted by the @MarvelBlip address. It only takes a few moments, but please do keep it polite, respectful and enthusiastic. If they see enough people care about this game, then we might just hear of something around Evo.

Wow, this is a lot more blown out than I thought it'd be only after one day.

Wonder if it'll catch fire. I expect Max'll probably make an announcement video any minute begging folks to barrage Marvel folk.

Still, I'd love an update. If anything to get more people playing the game again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NocturNeru

Nutrient wrote: »
    myself and a couple others do, pretty sure there is a PDF version online

If you have a scanner, could I ask you to send me the section on Trish? I doubt it has anything I don't know, but I'm trying to exhaust all my resources. Even ones I don't have access to, lol. Or if the version online is somewhere outside of the Pirate Bay, maybe you could link it? I really have searched extensively and without results.

Lythero wrote: »
    Wow, this is a lot more blown out than I thought it'd be only after one day.

Wonder if it'll catch fire. I expect Max'll probably make an announcement video any minute begging folks to barrage Marvel folk.

Still, I'd love an update. If anything to get more people playing the game again.

An update would be much appreciated alright. Nerf that damn male lawyer and buff the green one!

Have to say though, I think for the game that's in it a lot of people are still playing!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    An update would be much appreciated alright. Nerf that damn male lawyer and buff the green one!

Have to say though, I think for the game that's in it a lot of people are still playing!

Oh silly me, I should rephrase myself:

It'd be awesome if more people played it online again. For someone who has no easy access to play casuals, that'd be nice, because the huge majority of online players are from Mexico/America. I remember back when Ultimate came out I never had to wait long to get a close enough match from Ireland/UK and even France.

Ah you meant the online community, my bad :)

If they made the netcode as good as AE's I'd be right on there with you tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

Oh god the netcode.

If a patch would make it so that lag doesn't mess with my senses when online, I would be so happy.

Hey Onion, check out this MODOK/Strange/Doom team. pretty sick stuff :D

2gen wrote: »

Hey Onion, check out this MODOK/Strange/Doom team. pretty sick stuff :D

dat other guys shuma and skrull is awesome too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Okay, I'm just gonna force debate on this subject since the cheap teams expire tomorrow, and I wanna be cheap. :P
    So far, the confirmed marvel players for Cannes are:
    Doyler, Nutrient, Force_Edge, Lythero, Dark Talant and myself (since Naphiel is a maybe). Out of this, we should be trying to compose a Team A and Team B. Just going from teams played, I would suggest the following;
    Nurtient, Doyler, Lythero as Team A, myself, Dark Talant and Force_Edge as Team B. Does anyone have any legit demands with regards team swaps? I wanna pay up for my team before the cheap registration expires tomorrow.

Voa wrote: »
    Okay, I'm just gonna force debate on this subject since the cheap teams expire tomorrow, and I wanna be cheap. :P
    So far, the confirmed marvel players for Cannes are:
    Doyler, Nutrient, Force_Edge, Lythero, Dark Talant and myself (since Naphiel is a maybe). Out of this, we should be trying to compose a Team A and Team B. Just going from teams played, I would suggest the following;
    Nurtient, Doyler, Lythero as Team A, myself, Dark Talant and Force_Edge as Team B. Does anyone have any legit demands with regards team swaps? I wanna pay up for my team before the cheap registration expires tomorrow.

I demand a volauvent and telly prior the tourney with some drink, im sorted till tourney begins then

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Those teams sound good to me.

What is this cheap entry and what tournaments does it apply to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Doyler01 wrote: »
    What is this cheap entry and what tournaments does it apply to?

Kurama Tengu posted about it the generic Cannes topic.

Basically today is the last day where you can register for tournaments and get a discounted rate.

I believe it applies to all singles tournaments and 3V3 teams.

Not sure about national 5V5, that might fall under their "events".

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

So I was watching a Max video implying Capcom are asking people to contact Marvel to build up interest for a new Marvel based on the fact that UMvC3 sold poorly at the start but is a game that refuses to STOP selling because of its huge tournament presence.

Is this Max being Max or what's the story behind it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I think the 5v5 is sorted out at the venue, so that's no biggie. I'll register the team with me as captain later tonight, someone on Team A should be ready to pay up by tonight, since the price difference is a tenner per person to 15 quid per person.

Also, amusing team names.
    For Team A, I would suggest Shielding Pipes of Justice :D
    As for Team B, I was thinking of Broken Tier Characters (considering our line up :P ) Since our teams would have a lot of overlap in Team B, we can sort out who gets to play what when we get there.

• Advertisement

So I was watching a Max video implying Capcom are asking people to contact Marvel to build up interest for a new Marvel based on the fact that UMvC3 sold poorly at the start but is a game that refuses to STOP selling because of its huge tournament presence.

Is this Max being Max or what's the story behind it?

thats pretty much it. ever since all of the DLC has been released Marvel players have been asking for a patch/update for new characters and additional balancing, despite the fact that the guys at capcom and marvel saying that there wont be anything new for the game and that its "done".

But a year has passed and the people now want a balance patch more than ever since now we know the game a lot better. as mentioned the sales prove that people still have interest in the game despite the slow start. for the first time, instead of just saying no, the people at Capcom are saying "we know you want a new game/update so contact these guys at Marvel studios" which could mean something could actually happen since its up to Marvel if Capcom can be allowed to re-new their licence on Marvel characters to make this update happen.

i'm totally up for it. all they need to do is tweak the top-tier and buff the low-tier, remove the TAC infinites and maybe adjust the damage output of the game so that players will have to rely on resets, add "Hitbox mode" that the Vita has and finally improve the netcode to make an awesome game.

if they do add characters, i hope they just look at the poll at Capcom unity and get Gambit, Venom, Megaman X (i really dont care for MegaMan X) and i think Captain Commando was the final one to get those sales. people have also been asking for more female Marvel characters and more Capcom Villains.

personally all i want is a balance patch... but more content like new characters are always welcome.

Advertisement