Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Doubtful they do. Most hotel internet connections in Ireland are ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Yeah, you're probably right. We were there before and I think we already asked if it was possible at the time.

As for Marvel, played roughly 100 matches against Nutrient yesterday.

This was the experience in a nutshell:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Lythero wrote: »
    Yeah, you're probably right. We were there before and I think we already asked if it was possible at the time.

As for Marvel, played roughly 100 matches against Nutrient yesterday.

This was the experience in a nutshell:

Seems about right

If the connection has an Upload of ~2.0MB it should be doable with a bitrate of 1000, 720x480 (maybe) and 30fps

Would doubtfully be any dropped frames

The issue would be setting that up along side everything else and the event so it really depends tbh

If we have the place all day for a flat rate may as well make the most of it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The up is sub 500kb, I already checked :(

• Advertisement

The up is sub 500kb, I already checked :(

360x240 10fps
    That ain't so bad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Raawron

Nutrient wrote: »
    360x240 10fps
    That ain't so bad :pac:

Still about 60 frames per marvel second!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NocturNeru

Hey guys, sorry to be a giant newbie at this, but is there any place to sign up or should I just do that on the day?

(DOC8)

NocturNeru wrote: »
    Hey guys, sorry to be a giant newbie at this, but is there any place to sign up or should I just do that on the day?

(DOC8)

Just sign up on the day. Newbs welcome :)

NocturNeru wrote: »

(DOC8)

get to the venue before 11:00am so you've time to get aquainted to things

We should be on the 2nd floor of the clarance hotel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

On the topic of online
    Klbut.png

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Just sat down at the xbox this evening for the first time since before Christmas. Doom Infinite link being free now: confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭C0unter

Happy new Year

Why didn't I think of this

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I demand that whoever wins the next tournament has to do this dance when they win.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

0kk49.jpg

I swear I didn't add that speech bubble...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Confirmed, I found this the other day and didn't even think to link it here. :pac:

I demand that whoever wins the next tournament has to do this dance when they win.

Man the music in Vanilla was so badass compared to Ultimate!

Correction, this is how we have to dance when we win the 5v5 tournament in Cannes.

Since I'm a Phoenix Wright player, I'll gladly play lead dancer that gets to point dramatically at the beginning.
    phoenix_wright_in_gyakuten_saiban_movie_by_maridosmangas_2001-d4y84c4_zps5579af61.jpg Am I in trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

0kk49.jpg

Ghost Rider meets Connor from AC3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

2gen wrote: »

Ghost Rider meets Connor from AC3?
    Got it in one.

im sure everyone has seen this version before, but just in case you haven't....

I have, but the previous video reminded me of it and I couldn't find it. UNTIL NOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

If only only I was good at Marvel and this good at dancing people would be in for a treat.

Found this in the related videos. Happy days, remember this?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭albel nox

Man, i found Akuma very hard to look at there. It was like a really intense stare from an extremely evil yet disappointed owl.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

How does one go about learning how to play Marvel?

Bought it on a whim yesterday but I have absolutely no idea how this game works. Seems like there's no links? Any nice tutorial vids or recommended characters I should pick up to give myself an idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Bought it on a whim yesterday but I have absolutely no idea how this game works. Seems like there's no links? Any nice tutorial vids or recommended characters I should pick up to give myself an idea?

I asked a similar question of the lads back a few pages and the found the discussion that followed to be quite interesting.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81048053

I'd give that a read and ask any follow-up questions for stuff that doesn't make sense.

Understand how to game works and its mechanics

Pick 3 characters, generally High tier or ones you like Do Mission mode to get an idea of preference

Start from there and learn how the game works.

Casuals is without a doubt the best thing to attend to improve your game, it's where you'll find some of the best and most knowledgeable players from time to time.

• Advertisement

Nutrient wrote: »
    Understand how to game works and its mechanics

Pick 3 characters, generally High tier or ones you like Do Mission mode to get an idea of preference

Start from there and learn how the game works.

Casuals is without a doubt the best thing to attend to improve your game, it's where you'll find some of the best and most knowledgeable players from time to time.

also make sure to watch matches online. just by watching matches you get an idea how you are suppose to use most of the cast. look up "Big Two" "Thursday Night Runback" or "EVO UMVC3" on youtube for tournament matches from the U.S or check out the Irish community by going here

http://www.youtube.com/user/BrianVonDoom?feature=g-user-u

just to warn you, even though this game may not have links as in Street Fighter i believe this game has a bigger learning curve and is tougher to learn due to the fact that so much can happen during a match and simply you have to learn off 3 characters off the bat. but if you have the patience to go through all these learning steps, theres a chance you might really enjoy it.

also here are some tutorial videos i found just by typing "UMVC3 beginners guide" into youtube...

(this one is from the 1st version of Marvel vs Capcom 3, "Ultimate" being an updated version, but the controls are the same

Advertisement