Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm Stalybridge. :(

377975_10150991382000307_737165306_21424080_1527692622_n.jpg

I haven't been in the red with wages but my finances are getting worse and worse. :(
    I'm top of the BSN and even if I get promotion, I can't see the board giving me much money and there is a lot of players looking for more money than I can give them. I'll lose a load of players in June.

What do you guys make of non-contracts in the lower league?

Some of my players are willing to play as non-contract but looking for €400 per appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Anyone else notice that defenders score a lot of goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

dsmythy wrote: »
    More leagues would do it I'd imagine.

custom database as well
    'load all int. players from regions plus loads of leagues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,180 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Got sacked by Gamba Osaka after my first season, first time I have been sacked in FM12 :(. They said Challenge for the title. What the hell do you call what I did!

Check out the league table...I've never been involved in such a tight league before. There were 6 or 7 teams who could win the league going into the final game. I took the lead against Grampus in the last game and went top, they equalised in the 60th minute and I dropped to 6th! :D

jleaguetable.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

how do u get j league in your game

• Registered Users Posts: 15,180 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Got sacked by Gamba Osaka after my first season, first time I have been sacked in FM12 :(. They said Challenge for the title. What the hell do you call what I did!

jleaguetable.png

Unfortunately I think challenge for the title means finish in the top 3 a lot of times which is a bit silly when it's that tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

think i fugured out the player database issue. now im trying to get logos and kits sorted for the game. have those pretty much sorted but im having trouble getting real names for some clubs and comps i.e change fcp to porto. i have the links ready to download but dont know which folder to extract them to. does anyone know how to get this sorted. annoying to say the least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Dr. Greenthumb

Mars Bar wrote: »
    What do you guys make of non-contracts in the lower league?

Some of my players are willing to play as non-contract but looking for €400 per appearance.

I had this in the Irish league as well and did two things.

1. First teamers that were looking for a non contract I kept negotiating until I got them on a weekly wage cause they were paying twice a week and sometimes thrice a week. It works out better for you if you give them 400 a week than 400 a game. A lot of the time they'll accept the game appearance fee as the weekly wage (or did so in my case).

2. Fringe players I let have a non contract if they request it as they'd be lucky to play once every two / three weeks so it actually saved me money.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

I just signed Valdes on a free from Barca, I'm managing Leeds and it's only the 2014/2015 season. Strange decision by the AI :p

I had this in the Irish league as well and did two things.

1. First teamers that were looking for a non contract I kept negotiating until I got them on a weekly wage cause they were paying twice a week and sometimes thrice a week. It works out better for you if you give them 400 a week than 400 a game. A lot of the time they'll accept the game appearance fee as the weekly wage (or did so in my case).

2. Fringe players I let have a non contract if they request it as they'd be lucky to play once every two / three weeks so it actually saved me money.

I can't negotiate that much coz I don't have the money. It's amazing how much some of these players are looking for!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Last day of the season. Notts Forest in the last play off spot, 3 points and 1 goal difference ahead of my Cardiff City team, equal on points with Leeds, 1 goal better off. Both us and Leeds go 1-0 up on 59 minutes. Bristol equalise against Leeds, Forest go 1 down. We're 3-0 up. 90th minute. Forest equalise. Footall Manager you break my heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Wondering has anyone else noticed this.

When watching the highlights of the games, has anyone noticed that whether it be your own or the opposing players, the ratio of goals to 1-on-1s with the GK is very low?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah i found that too, really annoying! trying to train my front 2 on finishing etc and its not really making any difference really!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Developing young players.

Does anyone know how many games a young player needs to progress to his potential?
    Do they need to start games or does 20 mins make any difference?
    Does it have to be all league games or do cup games help as well?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Developing young players.

Does anyone know how many games a young player needs to progress to his potential?
    Do they need to start games or does 20 mins make any difference?
    Does it have to be all league games or do cup games help as well?

thanks

First of all, not every player will hit their potential and there can be several reasons for that and sometimes there is little you can do to prevent that.

The best way is to give a player 1st team football but young players are prone to inconsistency and fatigue because they are young. A poor performance can lead to low morale/confidence problems. You have to keep players positive, only criticise when they are looking uninterested or lazy.

A players professionalism/determination/personality/media handling type is a another major factor in whether the player capable of becoming all that they can be
    Positive Personality types:

Ambitious: Ambition = 16-19 & Loyalty < 10.
    Born Leader
    : Influence = 20 & Determination = 20. Age needs to be 23+
    Determined
    : Determination = 18-19 & Ambition >9.
    Driven
    : Determination = 20 & Ambition > 9.
    Fairly Ambitious:
    (Ambition = 15) or (Ambition = 16-20 & Loyalty >9).
    Fairly Professional
    : (Professionalism = 15-17) or (Professionalism = 18-20 & Temperament < 10).
    Iron Willed
    : Pressure = 20 & Determination > 14.
    Jovial
    : Pressure > 14 & Temperament > 9 & Professionalism < 11
    Leader
    : (Influence = 19) or (Influence = 20 & Determination < 20).
    Light-Hearted
    : Sportsmanship > 14 & Pressure > 14 & Determination > 9 & Temperament > 9.
    Model Citizen
    : Determination > 17 & Ambition > 17 & Loyalty > 17 & Pressure > 17 & Professionalism > 17 & Temperament > 17 & Sportsmanship > 17.
    Model Professional
    : Professionalism = 20 & Temperament > 9.
    Professional
    : Professionalism = 18-19 & Temperament > 9.
    Perfectionist
    : Ambition > 17 & Professionalism > 17 & Determination > 17 & Temperament < 10
    Resilient
    : Pressure = 17-19 & Determination > 14.
    Resolute
    : Determination = 15-17 & Professionalism = 15-17.
    Spirited
    : Pressure > 14 & Professionalism = 11-17 & Temperament > 9.
    Very Ambitious
    : Ambition = 20 & Loyalty < 10.

Negative Personality types:

Casual
    : Professionalism = 2-4 & Determination < 10.
    Devoted
    : Loyalty = 20 & Ambition = 6-7 & 'Likes team' rating 100+
    Easily Discouraged
    : Determination = 1 & Ambition < 10
    Low Determination
    : Determination = 2-5 & Ambition < 10
    Low Self-Belief
    : Pressure = 2-3 & Determination < 10.
    Loyal
    : Loyalty = 18-19 & Ambition = 6-7
    Slack
    : Professionalism = 1 & Determination < 10.
    Spineless
    : Pressure = 1 & Determination < 10.
    Temperamental
    : Temperament = 1-4.
    Unambitious
    : Ambition < 6 & Loyalty > 10
    Unsporting
    : Sportsmanship = 1 & Determination > 10
    Very Loyal
    : Loyal = 20 & Ambition = 6-7

Neutral Personality types:

Balanced: none of the rest
    Fairly Determined
    : (Determination = 15-17) or (Determination = 18-20 & Ambition < 10).
    Fairly Loyal
    : (Loyalty = 15-17) or (Loyalty = 18-20 & Ambition = 8-14).
    Fairly Sporting
    : Sportsmanship = 15-17.
    Honest
    : Sportsmanship = 20 & Determination < 10
    Realist
    : Sportsmanship = 2-4 & Determination > 10
    Sporting
    : Sportsmanship = 18-19 & Determination < 10

Often, a player may be eligible to be described by more than one personality descriptions. In this case, you are still going to see only one description. As a rule, Professional> Determined> Realist> Resilient> Light-Hearted> Spirited> Resolute> Jovial. What is to the lft, takes precedence. This means that if a player is both Realist and Spirited, in the game he is going to be described as "Realist".

Media Handling type

Volatile: Temperament 3-6
    Reserved
    : Controversy < 5 & Professionalism > 14 & Temperament > 6
    Unflappable
    : Pressure > 14 & Temperament > 14
    Evasive
    : Pressure > 14 & Professionalism > 14 & Controversy < 15
    Short-tempered
    : Temperament < 3
    Confrontational
    : Sportsmanship < 8 & Temperament < 8
    Outspoken
    : Controversy > 14
    Media-Friendly
    : Controversy < 15
    Level-Headed
    : Controversy < 15 & Loyalty > 10 & Temperament > 6 & (Sportmanship > 11 or Professionalism > 12)

So it seems that you would want 'Reserved', 'Unflappable' and 'Evasive' mainly, as they have good Professionalism scores. 'Level-headed' is ok too as it means most scores are at least average. 'Media-friendly' seems to be a bit like 'Balanced' Personality type, in that all you know is that Controversy is not too high. But other stats could still be low.

Tutoring can help but make sure that the tutor is actually going to improve the players attitude, just because he is a quality player doesnt mean anything. Use the above guide to see if that has a chance of happening. Its the positive attitude and professionalism you want to pass on, maybe a few PPM's, I wouldnt consider Mario Balotelli a good tutor despite his ability.

The standard of training and facilities is another factor, all players are limited to this so its important to get these as high a standard as possible.

I usually keep screenshots of players to monitor their development over several seasons. I posted this on another forum but I think it can have relevance here

This is a screenshot of a kid when I first clapped eyes on him. I scouted regularly for about 18 months, scouts coming back telling me that he had a bag of potential (4.5* potential), before signing him on a pre contract for €1m.

Where would you ever see a 6' 8" player better at taking corners than being in the box?! :D

He was never tutored mainly because I never had anyone suitable to improve him, he had a determined and level headed attitude.

crisyl.png

Here is a screenshot of him when he finally signed for Celtic. One of his weaknesses was adapting to a new country but I already had Rafael Toloi and he was a Brazilian International he was honoured to be at the same club. Never got any issues with adapting which was lucky I suppose.

cris1.png

I created a custom schedule to try and develop him physically and give him some speed. Most players you have the speed but they dont have the technical ability or footballing brain. This lad was the opposite and just needed the mobility to cause havoc.

trainingz.png

Just under 3 years of development and I've gotten results that I never expected

cris3.png

Still a half star of potential to be tapped but I just wish I could have done something about his bravery, bit of an achilles heel for a player like him. Still havent figured out how to influence a player's bravery. Anyone know?

That lad was fairly easy/obvious where he had to improve and I set his training accordingly and it worked out better than I hoped. I always ensure that players are happy with their workloads. Players moaning about high workloads when everyone else on the schedule is happy is a sign that their professionalism/determination isnt very high.

Good pros will even take on schedules that have a high risk of causing them an injury. My rule of thumb is to never use high strength/aerobic training in a schedule. The players professionalism and injury proneness will be hinted at in the physios assessment of their training, their personality, their weaknesses. Never create a schedule with a high overall workload, can make players susceptible to training injuries or match injuries. I just dont take the risk

Coach reports are more detailed when you use say a defensive minded coach to look at defenders and use a attack minded coach to look at attack minded players. Ideally you will have one attack and defensive minded coaches who are excellent at judging players and giving training advice. They will tell you of good PPM's to train your players on.

Saw FM2012 in Game for 25Euro on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Seriously . Why so cheap?

• Advertisement

mrmorgan wrote: »

No obvious reason given for it. Just on special offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Exhibited the first signs of addiction last night, haven't been properly into a FM/CM game in a fair few years now. Started a season with Shelbourne the other day and played a few games, got into the mood a bit. Then turned it on at about 9pm last night. Before I knew it it was 2am and I was playing it in bed, when I should really have been asleep by 11...

All too familiar feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Exhibited the first signs of addiction last night, haven't been properly into a FM/CM game in a fair few years now. Started a season with Shelbourne the other day and played a few games, got into the mood a bit. Then turned it on at about 9pm last night. Before I knew it it was 2am and I was playing it in bed, when I should really have been asleep by 11...

All too familiar feeling.

Hello fm goodbye life.

My Gf thinks i love football because i watch football and play this game so much, but sometimes i have to wonder if im only watching football to scout new players for FM.
    Yes i do want to watch the brazilian league football no i dont care if im suppossed to have dinner with your parents :D

Hello fm goodbye life.

My Gf thinks i love football because i watch football and play this game so much, but sometimes i have to wonder if im only watching football to scout new players for FM.
    Yes i do want to watch the brazilian league football no i dont care if im suppossed to have dinner with your parents :D

Where are you going, its 10am on a Sunday morning?

To the park.

The park?

Yes, I'm scouting the u-12's.

You're what?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Where are you going, its 10am on a Sunday morning?

To the park.

The park?

Yes, I'm scouting the u-12's.

You're what?

That just sounds creepy

redzerdrog wrote: »
    That just sounds creepy

That was kinda the idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

mrmorgan wrote: »
    Which game was this in? Rang blanch there and they said its 40 quid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

It's £17 (20.50 Euro) on amazon.

Marco85 wrote: »
    Which game was this in? Rang blanch there and they said its 40 quid

It was in the Ilac Centre in Dublin. I checked it again today back to 40. It's 30 at the moment in Gamestop.
    It's £17 (20.50 Euro) on amazon.

Though bettter online!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Tombomb7

Saw it it Currys aswell this weekend for €24.99 Bought it in game for €24.99 a couple of days before.

Advertisement