Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

diarmuid05 wrote: »
    What is the point of putting in hours and hours if your just gonna cheat when you lose.......

suck it up, build a squad to deal with injuries
    rotate players, drop players, do what you got to do.....

but don't reload a saved game :confused:

Oh i've done that, I'm usually really good at dealing with injuries hardly ever get long term ones that would destroy my team but i have lost my main defender, Main striker and back up striker in the first 15 mins before, coupled with the minor injuries i had (2 days - 10 days) it was just stupid, 3 of them out for 6 months at least.

Reloaded the game all settings and tactics the same and came through injury free.

At the moment though i am again missing 2 of my key players but happened a fwe weeks apart so that i can deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 5,364 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I don't intend on reloading. Just curious to see what others would do. I think if I managed to go unbeaten and win everything, the glory of it would be so tainted by reloading it wouldn't matter what success was gathered.

So close now though to the end of the season. Its bloody nail biting going into games, even ones I should win comfortably.

BTW, my Utd team is as follows (4-2-3-1 formation)
    GK - De Gea

RB - Rafael (Smalling as Cover)
    2 x CB - Jones, Vidic (Rio Ferdinand as cover)
    LB - Fabio (Evra as cover)

2 x CM - Fletcher, Ganso (Carrick and Khedira as cover)

RM - Cavani (Valencia as cover)
    AM - Young (Douglas Costa as cover)
    LM - Bale (Nani as cover)

CF - Hernandez (Rooney as cover)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

What is the point of putting in hours and hours if your just gonna cheat when you lose.......

suck it up, build a squad to deal with injuries
    rotate players, drop players, do what you got to do.....

but don't reload a saved game :confused:

Agreed, must admit I started out that way, but now I take my medicine, even though i fume at the none realism of a player sent off and a major injury all in the first 10 mins, and then your star player who moaned he wasnt getting enough first team football picks that game to "not having the best game of his career"!!:(

danniemcq wrote: »
    Oh i've done that, I'm usually really good at dealing with injuries hardly ever get long term ones that would destroy my team but i have lost my main defender, Main striker and back up striker in the first 15 mins before, coupled with the minor injuries i had (2 days - 10 days) it was just stupid, 3 of them out for 6 months at least.

Reloaded the game all settings and tactics the same and came through injury free.

At the moment though i am again missing 2 of my key players but happened a fwe weeks apart so that i can deal with

Actually I tried recalling some of my loan players but they were injured as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭diarmuid05

I don't intend on reloading. Just curious to see what others would do. I think if I managed to go unbeaten and win everything, the glory of it would be so tainted by reloading it wouldn't matter what success was gathered.

So close now though to the end of the season. Its bloody nail biting going into games, even ones I should win comfortably.

Personally i would forget about the unbeaten record and make sure you win the trophies.... Football is about titles..... records are nice but come second...

If you've won that many games you have to have a decent squad...

Rest your first 11 (or at least the injury prone ones), promote some young players for the league games with your cover players.

There's a fair chance you wont get bet anyway in the league matches....

Win the TITLES!!!!

• Advertisement

with regards the unbeaten run, sure if you don't manage it this season it'll gve you something to aim at next season!

and if you did reload would you then do the same if you got beaten after 80, 90 or 100 games?

Actually I tried recalling some of my loan players but they were injured as well!

i was to pissed off to even check my loaned players!

My youth set-up is so strong at the moment... i'm actually delighted when someone gets injured :eek:

As long as it's not for too long.....

Yeah these days its not so big an issue, in your first season though its a nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Took the Galway Utd job (managed Salthill Devon to the Champions League last season :)) and got off to a meh-meh start. One win and three defeats, the most recent a 4-0 thumping at home by Sligo Rovers.

Thing is I don't really have the wage budget to bring in better players, even though I've identified a few. The squad is cat, they really are very poor.

Set my season expectations to top-half finish, but I'll be doing well to stay out of the relegation scrap this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

When 1 of my players gets sent off, its almost always in the first half, are others finding this common??

tvercetti wrote: »
    When 1 of my players gets sent off, its almost always in the first half, are others finding this common??

Yep, every thing happens first half for me, ususally in the first 10 mins, broken legs, sendings off, own goals!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Just finished 2015/16 with Newcastle.

I've a good squad and have been doing wellin cup competitions (I've won The FA Cup, 3 League Cups and a UEFA Cup).

But through a combination of injuries and the teams failure to put together good runs of form (I keep beating teams above me and then dropping points to teams at the bottom of the table) i've been unable to make any dramatic progress in the league although my league position has improved every year, this season finishing 5th (but 10 points behind Man Utd in 4th).

Gonna make some changes and aim for a Top 4 fininsh this season!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Just finished 2015/16 with Newcastle.

I've a good squad and have been doing wellin cup competitions (I've won The FA Cup, 3 League Cups and a UEFA Cup).

But through a combination of injuries and the teams failure to put together good runs of form (I keep beating teams above me and then dropping points to teams at the bottom of the table) i've been unable to make any dramatic progress in the league although my league position has improved every year, this season finishing 5th (but 10 points behind Man Utd in 4th).

Gonna make some changes and aim for a Top 4 fininsh this season!

looks like a simple case of squad depth....

whats you 2nd 11 like?

if you can beat big boys, then you're 1st 11 is fine... you need to be able to bring in second string players fighting for starting places, trying to prove a point to beat those lesser teams...

so happy

183073.jpg

looks like a simple case of squad depth....

whats you 2nd 11 like?

if you can beat big boys, then you're 1st 11 is fine... you need to be able to bring in second string players fighting for starting places, trying to prove a point to beat those lesser teams...

Yeah i've definitely got a bit of a depth problem, especially when the injuries start hitting! That's one of the big changes i'm gonna make. I'm gonna bring in as much young talent as possible.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Yeah i've definitely got a bit of a depth problem, especially when the injuries start hitting! That's one of the big changes i'm gonna make. I'm gonna bring in as much young talent as possible.

Have you had a new investor yet, Mike Ashley sold the club at the end of the third season in my current Newcastle game, The new owner then gave me nearly £40 million

Have you had a new investor yet, Mike Ashley sold the club at the end of the third season in my current Newcastle game, The new owner then gave me nearly £40 million

Yeah i've had a new owner but he's not as generous as yours lol. Barely gives me a penny. He actually reduced my wage budget this year and gave me £4m to spend. Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

3 injuries in one game. :mad:

Seriously, how do they not think that this is not a problem?

Mars Bar wrote: »
    3 injuries in one game. :mad:

Seriously, how do they not think that this is not a problem?

Are your players around 95% condition starting the games?

Anything less than 90% is risking injury.

3 freak injuries is unlucky.....
    3 players not fully fit getting injured is bad management

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Are your players around 95% condition starting the games?

Anything less than 90% is risking injury.

3 freak injuries is unlucky.....
    3 players not fully fit getting injured is bad management

Had another 2 off in one game. :mad: I'm averaging an injury a game.

No, none of them were under 95%. I will play a player around 90% if I was really stuck. My team are a BSN team so I don't have the resources for loads of back up players.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,364 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Onto my last game of the season. Unbeaten so far. Won league and both cups. Only Barcelona in the CL final stand in my way of a clean sweep and my first ever unbeaten season since i started playing this game (way back with Championship Manager 97/98)

Wish me luck :D

Also, how do ye guys take screenshots?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Im really not getting all this injury complaining. I've gotten very few long term and mostly just little things like dead leg where they miss a couple of days. 18 months of matces and I've had probably two long term injuries. On average one minor injury every three or four matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Another injury. Hernandez out for 6 weeks. Joke!

Another 3 injuries in one game

Onto my last game of the season. Unbeaten so far. Won league and both cups. Only Barcelona in the CL final stand in my way of a clean sweep and my first ever unbeaten season since i started playing this game (way back with Championship Manager 97/98)

Wish me luck :D

Also, how do ye guys take screenshots?

Well done so far and good luck. Is it safe to assume your Man U manager. I had a similar sounding first season, dont think i won the league cup but racked up over 100 points in the league, I kinda lost interest in my United game after that one season.

mrmorgan wrote: »
    I know there is an issue with injuries in the game and am trying not to sound condescending but are you checking players fitness as well as condition, most screens only show players condition but just because condition is 100 doesn't mean fitness will be and playing players with lower fitness will lead to injuries very often. Players fitness is always low after injuries and lack of pre-season in particular.
    183138.jpg

Is it just me that thinks half the disallowed goals don't look offside, feels like inactive players are getting flagged.

For anyone questioning the validity of the injury thing being bullsh*t, it's real!

I've been playing Championship/Football Manager for a long time and have never experienced this before and it's no coincidence so many other players are experiencing the same thing.

• Advertisement

mrmorgan wrote: »
    I know there is an issue with injuries in the game and am trying not to sound condescending but are you checking players fitness as well as condition, most screens only show players condition but just because condition is 100 doesn't mean fitness will be and playing players with lower fitness will lead to injuries very often. Players fitness is always low after injuries and lack of pre-season in particular.
    183138.jpg

The players getting injured are fully fit. They have they have to sort this out.

Advertisement