Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Another bug?

This ones quite good though

My scouts have recommended a young Barca player, Oscar Zamora 17 years old, right winger\am

Looks quite a talent, have to pay 1.91m compensation
    Scout says he will probably ask for wages of between 15 and 20k a week!

Yet when I approach to sign, he only wants 9k a week and I can get him down to 8.5!

Also, has anyione else noticed the high number of 14 and 15 year old "key players" who cost 20 million and more??!!!
    I even found one that they wanted 40 million for!

Information on a player usually becomes more accurate with the number of times that the player is scouted. Less scout reports, more guess work. Its intentional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Anyone know how to load the game into genie scout?

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Anyone know how to load the game into genie scout?

In preferences make sure that the saved game file is not being compressed otherwise genie scout will give an error.

I havent used the genie scout in a while but the option to load a save game file should be easy to spot.

Dempsey wrote: »
    In preferences make sure that the saved game file is not being compressed otherwise genie scout will give an error.

I havent used the genie scout in a while but the option to load a save game file should be easy to spot.

Yeah I know where the option is but then it asks to find the saved game file which Is hard to do,for me anyway

my documents/sports interactive/fm2012/games

• Advertisement

my documents/sports interactive/fm2012/games

Cheers thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

What ever happened to Cherno samba?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

essential downloads to make game better?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,022 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Gave Ravel Morrison his Man United debut as a second half sub vs Man City in the Carling Cup - 89th minute winner in front of the stretford end. LOVE IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Love that feeling of making a sub at either half time or just before the end and watch them then play a storming game or score the winner, really makes me smile.

Or thinking about bringing your striker off but deciding against it last minute and they then go on to score.

always feels especially nice if it was a player you scouted for or found through looking at stats and nurtured them to be that player everyone loves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Started my first game. Loaded loads of leagues (Laptop is quite powerful it seems) so happy enough with that :D. As usual I start unemployed with Sunday League Footballer rep and will use the RTE, to get my proper DOB in, cause I am awkward :D.

I am currently managing the mighty
    Gimnasia_y_Esgrima_de_Jujuy-logo-3F2DC048DE-seeklogo.com.gif
    Yeah thats right Gimnasia y Esgrima de Jujuy, the D2 team in Argentina, well known around these parts I am sure. Dreadful team with 1 good AMC who I am gonna build the team around.

Its fun though, the plan is to manage in the lower leagues build up and manage Liverpool. It has never worked before I see no reason why it won't this time :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

has anyone noticed some really strange results particularly in internationals?

on the same matchday portugal lost at home to cyprus(ok possible but) san marino held sweden and ireland drew with andorra.

holland drew with moldova just there

i always find internationals saying that there is a selection headache or experiment, so maybe they were it was a friendly match with younger players?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

can this be bought straight from steam and downloaded instantly?

week of work and wouldnt mind getting stuck into this this evening

redzerdrog wrote: »
    can this be bought straight from steam and downloaded instantly?

week of work and wouldnt mind getting stuck into this this evening

Yes, and automatically patched up to date too. The only problem with steam is that usually one of the dearest places to buy it

Yes, and automatically patched up to date too. The only problem with steam is that usually one of the dearest places to buy it

an addict doesnt care as long as he get his fix!

gutted they dont take laser cards!!!

Is the demo any use? can you continue a game once you install the full game?

The databases given with demo are very limited.

I'm not sure continuing a game from a demo to the full version, never tried it.

I've noticed a lot of injuries to my younger players out on loan getting injured during my training sessions. How ever that is possIble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

the injuries issue gets pretty annoying, I have 7 defenders in my squad, 1 needs a rest and 5 got injured

183014.jpg

• Advertisement

tvercetti wrote: »
    the injuries issue gets pretty annoying, I have 7 defenders in my squad, 1 needs a rest and 5 got injured

183014.jpg

It's a joke alright currently have 6 of my 1st team injured. Still top of the league though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Just getting to bed now! :o took on the Southend job this evening, see how it pans out. 4 hours of looking for coaches, players etc.. Head is wrecked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

IPAM wrote: »
    Just getting to bed now! :o took on the Southend job this evening, see how it pans out. 4 hours of looking for coaches, players etc.. Head is wrecked!!

Thats the thing with starting a new game, you spend ages setting it up, selling and buying players and staff, tactics etc
    Then you play your first game and a keyplayer breaks his leg! :(

Anyone else find the "player a is unhappy about the level of training" messages very annoying?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sarstedt

I've ignored all those training messages!

Second season with Malaga. Top of the table by 6 points at Christmas. Managed to beat Real and Barca. Qualified for second round of CL.

Got a poor enough budget during the summer only able to increase due to reducing the wage budget and only really added Stegen for nets and Jose Angel for DL. Just got £30M in January! Similar to last year (bought Damiano). This year I forked out £13M on Otamendi and £9M on Tolui. I also bought some Cotton guy from Blackburn. Scouts say he will be better than Douglas Costa:eek:

Wilfried and Damiano are belting them in. Wilfried has 12 goals in 17 league and Damiano has 10. Still way behind Higuain though. Real bought Edin Hazard for £44.5M.

Not at all happy with my defence still especially the full backs.

Thats the thing with starting a new game, you spend ages setting it up, selling and buying players and staff, tactics etc
    Then you play your first game and a keyplayer breaks his leg! :(

Anyone else find the "player a is unhappy about the level of training" messages very annoying?!

yeah i keep ignoring them too! if it was easier to manage training (maybe i just havn't looked at it enough) but it seems more awkward this time round

• Registered Users Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I've just gone 60 games unbeaten with Man Utd :D
    Won the Carling Cup, and the league is won too. Heading to the 2nd leg of the CL with a 4-1 advantage over Liverpool. Playing them in the FA Cup final too

Now my question is, would you cheat to go through the season unbeaten? I've just 7 games left (assuming I get to the CL final).
    If I lose a game, should I quit out and re-play it? I want to finish unbeaten, but I don't wanna have to resort to that. It would take away the glory!!

What would ye do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sarstedt

Well it is a tough one! I would generally say No. The only time I've done it is when 3 of my best players were injured in one game and were out for 5-6 months! To me that was exceptional circumstances and nevers happens in real life! Otherwise I leave it! You could end up reloading for every game and win every competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭diarmuid05

I've just gone 60 games unbeaten with Man Utd :D
    Won the Carling Cup, and the league is won too. Heading to the 2nd leg of the CL with a 4-1 advantage over Liverpool. Playing them in the FA Cup final too

Now my question is, would you cheat to go through the season unbeaten? I've just 7 games left (assuming I get to the CL final).
    If I lose a game, should I quit out and re-play it? I want to finish unbeaten, but I don't wanna have to resort to that. It would take away the glory!!

What would ye do?

NEVER..... takes all fun/bragging out of it

Won clean sweep with PSG last year.... did lose 1 game though :mad:

sarstedt wrote: »
    Well it is a tough one! I would generally say No. The only time I've done it is when 3 of my best players were injured in one game and were out for 5-6 months! To me that was exceptional circumstances and nevers happens in real life! Otherwise I leave it! You could end up reloading for every game and win every competition.

agreed, if i have 2 or 3 kep players injured for stupid amounts of time i reload a save (usually costs me awhile as i keep forgetting to save so its kinda fair that way right?)

as much as i've wanted to reload a save after a bad loss to wolves or something coming up to end of season (thankfully city only drew allowing me to still get the title!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭diarmuid05

What is the point of putting in hours and hours if you're just gonna cheat when you lose.......

suck it up, build a squad to deal with injuries
    rotate players, drop players, promote players, do what you got to do.....

but don't reload a saved game :confused:

Advertisement