Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

MrStuffins wrote: »
    For anyone questioning the validity of the injury thing being bullsh*t, it's real!

I've been playing Championship/Football Manager for a long time and have never experienced this before and it's no coincidence so many other players are experiencing the same thing.

Too right. They have to sort it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Ignore my last post about the team I am managing :D Laptop decided to shut itself down for the craic (nothing to do with FM). So I had to start again, decided to load even more leagues. So now I am currently running all the divisions in these countries.

Argentina, Australia, Brazil, China, England, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, North Ireland, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Turkey and United States.

Fun :D. Through all of the leagues and like to add at this point that I am a Liverpool fan. I manage to get offered the United job!!!! That's right I am not the United manager, on my Sunday League Rep starting unemployed.

Ok its United FC in South Africa, but same thing really :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

For screenshots press ALT and F9

the printscrn button doesn't work (just takes a screen of everything behind your game)

then go into my docs/sports interactive/football manager 2012 and you should see a folder called screenshots

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

tvercetti wrote: »
    I know there is an issue with injuries in the game and am trying not to sound condescending but are you checking players fitness as well as condition, most screens only show players condition but just because condition is 100 doesn't mean fitness will be and playing players with lower fitness will lead to injuries very often. Players fitness is always low after injuries and lack of pre-season in particular.
    183138.jpg

thanks, thats something I wasnt aware of and will be checking in future

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

thanks, thats something I wasnt aware of and will be checking in future
    ya hopefully you will reduce the number of injuries slightly, I don't think anyone can disagree that there is an injury issue but all we can do for now is try build squads with greater depth and be extra cautious with condition and fitness and possible take note of players trainng complaints.

I have read of players such as Rooney and Pato having dramatic attribute changes after bad injuries. Being reducd to 3 star ratings in both cases. I definitely saw a decrease in a few players such as Cabaye and Damiao, thats what I find the most annoying part, paying big money for players and working hard to make them better then a stupid injury sets them back a long way. In the occassional case it might be acceptable but to happen to half your squad is a pain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭diarmuid05

c'mon people....

injuries happen in real life... sometimes players never return
    sometime they don't come back the same player.

How easy would the game be if every player you bought was a superstar and nobody ever got injured and you won every game.

This is what makes the game addictive.... deal with it

The best manages deal with these problem in real life.... the bad ones complain to the press.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

diarmuid05 wrote: »
    c'mon people....

injuries happen in real life... sometimes players never return
    sometime they don't come back the same player.

How easy would the game be if every player you bought was a superstar and nobody ever got injured and you won every game.

This is what makes the game addictive.... deal with it

The best manages deal with these problem in real life.... the bad ones complain to the press.

Again, you don't know what you're on about.

've played the game for years and years. You learn to live with the injuries.

But trust me, these injuries are taking the piss. 2-3 serious injuries in every game? You're telling me that happens in rel al life?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I've had a few injuries in my 3 seasons now, but nothing mental like what people are posting here.

So I'm either using better conditioned players, don't play them if they aren't in good shape, or my game has a bug that doesn't have as much injuries

Again, you don't know what you're on about.

've played the game for years and years. You learn to live with the injuries.

But trust me, these injuries are taking the piss. 2-3 serious injuries in every game? You're telling me that happens in rel al life?

This isn't happening me. And 2-3 players getting a serious injury in every game is unrealistic too

This isn't happening me. And 2-3 players getting a serious injury in every game is unrealistic too

I know it's unrealistic. That's my point!

(ps: It's actually stopped in my game)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I dont experience this problem but I have a certain policies around preseason, fitness levels & training regimes and injuries are nothing like whats being described on here.

People that are saying that 2-3 players getting serious injuries per game need to review everything that they are doing because there is obviously some oversight and your players are more susceptible to injury for a reason that you arent aware of.

Check your physical training. I never have either strength or aerobic in the high bracket, even in preseason.
    Check your players individual training workload and happiness with it.
    Check your player's coaching reports for comments on injury susceptibility.
    Check Training Reports for training performance
    Check Physio reports for injury problems and capacity for training workload.
    Choose your team based on condition (92%+)
    Rotate your team to maintain fitness levels, only 45 mins max to someone thats severely lacking match fitness.
    Get the best physios money can buy.
    Get the best fitness coaches money can buy.
    Get a coach with 90%+ in training & man management advice
    Get the best facilities that the board will allow.

If you're getting 2-3 serious injuries per game despite following that check list then log a bug with SI and give them your save game so they can give the problem a proper review.

I've been playing this game since it was championship manager...

in 2012 i'm up to oct 2018 and this is not happening to me...

YES there are injuries, but nothing like what you are complaining about....

play fit players and your problems will stop.

I've been playing this game since it was championship manager...

in 2012 i'm up to oct 2018 and this is not happening to me...

YES there are injuries, but nothing like what you are complaining about....

play fit players and your problems will stop.

So what you're saying is, despite the fact that there are a number of other people on this very thread experienced the same thing and thousands of people all over the internet experiencing the same thing (Google it, I just did and found You Tube videos, threads galore, all on the subject)...........

you think i'm making it up?

So what you're saying is, despite the fact that there are a number of other people on this very thread experienced the same thing and thousands of people all over the internet experiencing the same thing (Google it, I just did and found You Tube videos, threads galore, all on the subject)...........

you think i'm making it up?

If it was a bug in the software, it would be happening to every single player...

it's only happening to some people.
    2 possibilities

1 it's there style of management/training
    2 it's a very specific bug that only happens in a certain combination of situations

if it's 2, then my apologies i just havn't come across it in 7 seasons

If it was a bug in the software, it would be happening to every single player...

it's only happening to some people.
    2 possibilities

1 it's there style of management/training
    2 it's a very specific bug that only happens in a certain combination of situations

if it's 2, then my apologies i just havn't come across it in 7 seasons

let me ask you, have you read this thread?

let me ask you, have you read this thread?

i've also read this thread

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/281074-Injuries-bug

which is pretty much same as this...

lots of players complaining of injuries...
    lots saying they are crazy

you got a link with evidence of a bug?

i've also read this thread

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/281074-Injuries-bug

which is pretty much same as this...

lots of players complaining of injuries...
    lots saying they are crazy

you got a link with evidence of a bug?

Wait, have you read this thread or not?

Wait, have you read this thread or not?

sorry the answer was implied in the "also"

i've been following it since i got the game.... (not since thread started)

some posts in there too about my journey with PSG...

sorry the answer was implied in the "also"

i've been following it since i got the game.... (not since thread started)

some posts in there too about my journey with PSG...

If you've read the thread, then your post about your 2 options makes no sense.

I have no idea why you feel I would make things up about a game of Football Manager. What possible motives could I have to make stuff up?

There's no point replying to someone who has a mentality that I seriously can't get my head around. Adios!

If you've read the thread, then your post about your 2 options makes no sense.

I have no idea why you feel I would make things up about a game of Football Manager. What possible motives could I have to make stuff up?

There's no point replying to someone who has a mentality that I seriously can't get my head around. Adios!

I'm not saying you are making things up.... lots of people including you are getting injuries...

What i'm saying is, it might your style of management rather than a software bug that's causing it.

• Advertisement

So I did it. 65 games in the season, and unbeaten in them all. 66 unbeaten in total cos I didn't lose the last game of last season.

Won all round me - Carling Cup, FA Cup, Premier League and Champions League. I danced around the sitting room as my lads picked Barcelona off on the counter attack in the CL final. Was fierce exciting (the mrs thinks I'm gone cracked though!)

Scored 201 goals in the 65 games this season, and conceded 56. I'm very impressed with myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

just installing the full game now. Undecided whether to start with liverpool or a league 1 side.

Do you get a better budget in the 2nd year with liverpool?
    anyone recommend a ligue 1 side that have a few quid?

I'm not saying you are making things up.... lots of people including you are getting injuries...

What i'm saying is, it might your style of management rather than a software bug that's causing it.

You're presuming that is the case.

If you'd read the thread you'd know all about my management style.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Jeez this is getting as bad as the soccer forum at this stage!

I can see both sides of the arguement, i've played FM12 2 seasons now, i have been fairly injury free but i have had issues. I ensure that my training is not to much, if someone complains i reduce it, i rotate the squad as much as i can (have a heap of young lads that don't need to be reg'd so i can have a big squad) and the only injuries i might get are minor ones.

HOWEVER

i have also played games where in the first half i'd have 2 players with broken legs or similer to keep them out for months and before the end of the game hamstrings torn and a whole host of other injuries.

Like said in an earlier post it could be managment style or as another poster said it could be a glitch, look at the update they made in this one i think where an outfield midfielder for spain couldn't get a number if the goalkeeper had number 25 or something crazy like that.

If SI came out and said oh we have an issue with injuries but can't pinpoint where or how or even mention that injuries are an issue what do you think that would do for sales?
    So I did it. 65 games in the season, and unbeaten in them all. 66 unbeaten in total cos I didn't lose the last game of last season.

Won all round me - Carling Cup, FA Cup, Premier League and Champions League. I danced around the sitting room as my lads picked Barcelona off on the counter attack in the CL final. Was fierce exciting (the mrs thinks I'm gone cracked though!)

Scored 201 goals in the 65 games this season, and conceded 56. I'm very impressed with myself :D

i'd thank it but i wouldn't want my thanks forever linked to a man utd team win :p i'll just congratulate your managerial skill :)
    redzerdrog wrote: »
    just installing the full game now. Undecided whether to start with liverpool or a league 1 side.

i got 2 million first year 8ish by christmas won the league thanks to city beating both manchesters home and away (loaned a fair few players too to keep squad fit and healthy) and then had 45 or so start of transfer season that they boosted by another 10-20 during the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

redzerdrog wrote: »

Paris Saint Germain are the obvious one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

iirc it wasn't even a bug, but rather high % rate on injuries, which can be reduced in the editor.

Has anyone checked the editor out to see? (Will get the details from FM11 in the meantime).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

danniemcq wrote: »
    Jeez this is getting as bad as the soccer forum at this stage!

I can see both sides of the arguement, i've played FM12 2 seasons now, i have been fairly injury free but i have had issues. I ensure that my training is not to much, if someone complains i reduce it, i rotate the squad as much as i can (have a heap of young lads that don't need to be reg'd so i can have a big squad) and the only injuries i might get are minor ones.

HOWEVER

i have also played games where in the first half i'd have 2 players with broken legs or similer to keep them out for months and before the end of the game hamstrings torn and a whole host of other injuries.

Like said in an earlier post it could be managment style or as another poster said it could be a glitch, look at the update they made in this one i think where an outfield midfielder for spain couldn't get a number if the goalkeeper had number 25 or something crazy like that.

If SI came out and said oh we have an issue with injuries but can't pinpoint where or how or even mention that injuries are an issue what do you think that would do for sales?

i'd thank it but i wouldn't want my thanks forever linked to a man utd team win :p i'll just congratulate your managerial skill :)

i got 2 million first year 8ish by christmas won the league thanks to city beating both manchesters home and away (loaned a fair few players too to keep squad fit and healthy) and then had 45 or so start of transfer season that they boosted by another 10-20 during the summer

Since adjusting my game (Thanks to everyone for their suggestions) my injuries HAVE reduced and become more realistic.
    No more playing if less than 95% fit or match fit
    Rotate more
    Decrease training schedules

A word of warning though, Be careful with letting your first teamers play reserve matches to get match fit - Dont let them go if they are really unfit as this has led to injurys after coming back from injury!

Internationals just cant be helped unless they are older and you can ask them to retire from internationals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

lads, kind of a stupid question but how do you increase the amount of players in the game? i just started a game with 11 leagues and a large database and the amount of players available to buy is around 4500. is it a case of simply adding more leagues? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

danniemcq wrote: »
    any chance you had an autosave set up, you might lose a few matches but you might get lucky

Unfortunately not mate, haven't went back to play the game since then, still raging

Just on the injuries,

I was into my third season and never had an issue with injuries, the odd one here and there

I rotated alot and had the players on a medium work load

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

lads, kind of a stupid question but how do you increase the amount of players in the game? i just started a game with 11 leagues and a large database and the amount of players available to buy is around 4500. is it a case of simply adding more leagues? thanks

More leagues would do it I'd imagine.

Advertisement