Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Whats the best to do with players that don't speak english?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

mrmorgan wrote: »
    If they are young, give them a mentor who speaks their language. That's what I've always done and it seems to work.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    If they are young, give them a mentor who speaks their language. That's what I've always done and it seems to work.
    Cheers. Stupid question but how do I do that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,748 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Player interaction.
    Have a private chat and ask him to mentor the player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

2nd Season with Nottingham Forest

4th last season after being 2nd for much of it but a bad run and a 6-1 away defeat to Birmingham sealed my fate in the play-offs where I was beaten by Burnley in the final

Got to the league cup final only for Chelsea to beat me 2-1. On the way I had an impressive 6-1 win over QPR and bet Wigan, Fulham and Newcastle en route.

Huge squad overhaul this summer, got rid of some dead wood and some over-priced players this summer and signed some youngsters

Have a big squad now with some promising young players but I fear it will be another year before we can get automatic promotion

• Advertisement

Player interaction.
    Have a private chat and ask him to mentor the player
    perfect cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

ok so i have 2 questions:

1. additional clauses when buying a player:Is there a way to buy off the clause, i got a young french lad Yaya Samora i think and got him for 800k plus 30% of next sale or something like that. so far he has 3 goals from 2 games and i'm thinking if i play my cards right he could either be a great player or a cash windfall in a few years. Is there a way i can offer previous team a few million to get rid of that 30% clause?

2. Adding Players to the database.
    By adding leagues i add players right? and by doing this does it then mean that the spash screen with the results and scores then fill up with obscure results? i have a slowish computer so my database is only 7000 but i want more if it means the splash screens don't become crazy!

on the injury thing, playing as Liverpool Gerrard was my only big lay off. I constantly rotate the team taking anyone off who gets near 75% during game, my training is heavy and that has lead to minor injuries in training matches 2 or 3 days usually. I guess being a liverpool fan (and now manager!) means we don't have Europe to injure the players, well till next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

danniemcq wrote: »
    ok so i have 2 questions:

1. additional clauses when buying a player:Is there a way to buy off the clause, i got a young french lad Yaya Samora i think and got him for 800k plus 30% of next sale or something like that. so far he has 3 goals from 2 games and i'm thinking if i play my cards right he could either be a great player or a cash windfall in a few years. Is there a way i can offer previous team a few million to get rid of that 30% clause?

Yes, you should be able to increase your offer and then remove the add on 30%.
    And yes he's a very good player, was great in fm2011
    Heres a profile of him

http://footballmanagerstory.com/scout/2011/11/fm-2012-player-profile-yaya-sanogo/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Yes, you should be able to increase your offer and then remove the add on 30%.
    And yes he's a very good player, was great in fm2011
    Heres a profile of him

http://footballmanagerstory.com/scout/2011/11/fm-2012-player-profile-yaya-sanogo/
    I think he means he already got the player and the 30% was part of the deal. He wants to know if he can get rid of it now by buying it out or something.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I think he means he already got the player and the 30% was part of the deal. He wants to know if he can get rid of it now by buying it out or something.

Yeah this,

I see that when i look at clauses in one of the menus i can see the list of them but i also see Danny Wilson (i think) has had his clause bought out by board.

Can you suggest a clause for them buy out? i had a quick look but to no avail, maybe it happens automatically through the game but annoying if not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

I just finished my 1st season a few days ago. Playing as Sporting Portugal and the season finished around 30th May but there was no Pre season break?

The players played in the Taca Final (FA cup) and then went on holidays for about 2 days and then it was into the 2012 Championship, but most of my players were not called up and still there was no holiday..Has anyone else experienced that? Found it really strange.

is there a way to assign leave to your players? Might just be for injured players though.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Under the asistant advice for leave there was none for any player.

When the time came around for season expectations from the board, the players all had "unfit - needs match practice before the new season", Just found it strange that none of them went on holidays! Very loyal group of players :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Jan 1st in my second season in charge of Newcastle. Fortunately, th einjuries have stopped. Dunno why but I guess it shows that it's not a glitch wit the game.

Doing quite well in the league so far but my squad is a bit light. the signings of Tom Cleverly and Georginio Wijnaldum last season have really been coming good as both players have been coming on leaps and bounds and leaving the likes of Kranjcar, Jonas and Ben Arfa out of the team.

I'm 3rd in the league with just 2 points seperating ourselves and Man City at the top.

I've a bit of money left in my kitty and there are some really quality players on the Transfer List right now so i've stuck a few bids in. if they all come off I might have a completely new midfield for the next game. I'll have lots of options anyway.

2 I won't be buying are Tevez and kaka, who can't get a game for their teams but want £180k a week. Pfffft!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I see what you were on about with the injuries now. I am being decimated by them in a new game I started... 4 players in 1 game. Luckily the transfer window is open most of the season in Japan so I can sign replacements at any time.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I see what you were on about with the injuries now. I am being decimated by them in a new game I started... 4 players in 1 game. Luckily the transfer window is open most of the season in Japan so I can sign replacements at any time.

Ya isn't it very annoying. Roomy has only played fourteen games in a season and a half and is now out for another three months. It's very annoying.

Horrorshow!! Injuries ruined my league season again and after being on top for a point in Jan I finished 8th.

Although I DID win the FA Cup :D

Signed Daniel Sturridge on a free and he's been immense when fit! He won Young Player of the Year and he was NCL's PotY too!

Roll on the new season!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Horrorshow!! Injuries ruined my league season again and after being on top for a point in Jan I finished 8th.

Although I DID win the FA Cup :D

Signed Daniel Sturridge on a free and he's been immense when fit! He won Young Player of the Year and he was NCL's PotY too!

Roll on the new season!

How the hell did you get him on a free?

Well it seemed he wanted too much money to stay at Chelsea. He was earning a lot and wanted a lot more I presume. When I tried to sign him on a pre-contract he wanted around 75k a week and I couldn't afford it.

At the end of the season Chelsea just released him and his demands were a bit lower after that. Picked him up for free and 44k a week. Bargain!

MrStuffins wrote: »

Well it seemed he wanted too much money to stay at Chelsea. He was earning a lot and wanted a lot more I presume. When I tried to sign him on a pre-contract he wanted around 75k a week and I couldn't afford it.

At the end of the season Chelsea just released him and his demands were a bit lower after that. Picked him up for free and 44k a week. Bargain!
    An absolute bargain by all accounts he turns into one of the best strikers in the game

• Advertisement

An absolute bargain by all accounts he turns into one of the best strikers in the game

Interesting - I'm trying to move him on!
    All my scouts say he is only a "fairly good" player at best!

I did get Cristig on a free with like 950 a week wages and no player or agent fees!

http://footballmanagerstory.com/scout/2011/11/fm-2012-player-profile-lorenzo-crisetig/

Its weird the way you can scout a player and be told they are "good", but when they join you they become "quality"!!??
    Whats that all about - its the same scout giving both reports!

Interesting - I'm trying to move him on!
    All my scouts say he is only a "fairly good" player at best!

I did get Cristig on a free with like 950 a week wages and no player or agent fees!

http://footballmanagerstory.com/scout/2011/11/fm-2012-player-profile-lorenzo-crisetig/

Its weird the way you can scout a player and be told they are "good", but when they join you they become "quality"!!??
    Whats that all about - its the same scout giving both reports!

maybe its just when you get a report card or one after one match they don't get a full chance to see them properly but when they arrive the scouts see them better...

either that or its a(nother) glitch

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Scouts/Coaches give their "star ratings" based on what they think you have already and whats realistically available to you. A scout has to build up club knowledge, i.e. your system and your squad etc.

Scouts give the reports before they sign. its your assistant giving you the reports after they sign and you can individually check what other coaches think too.

Scout reports are timestamped, so the one you got last week (gametime) might be different to the one you'll get today. Coach reports are always current.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭roosterman71

How do you access your shortlist?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Played 1 season as United, was a little disappointed. it was all a little too easy. I know as United manager your expected to clean up with the squad and funds but it all seemed to easy. Did the big treble, well over 100 points, scored 100 and conceded less than 20 in the league alone. The only games I really struggled in was where I had early red cards due to my aggressive tackling, this caused a semi final exit in the league cup to Spurs on away goals.

The injuries really let the game down, Smalling missed over half the season while Young, Nani and Rooney suffered serious injuries around the same time.

At the end of the season I snapped up Di Maria for about 10 million and Felliani for 5 due to some contract clause. After that I didn't have too much interest in continuing, I had an almost complete squad and still alot of money.

Will start again now with maybe a mid table team.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

6 f**king players have caught a virus or a flu a week before my promotion playoff match. 4 players who start can't play now :mad:. Absolute sh*t. I always choose the send home option when someone is ill so it wont spread through the squad but yet it obviously has.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

How do you access your shortlist?

Your name up the top left, then search>>shortlist

Cleaned out all the average and bad physios, I am only allowed 5, but I made sure they were all at least 15 for physiotherapy.
    Stopped playing players who are only 94% fit and now the bad injuries have stopped (cross fingers)

Thanks to all those that posted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭diarmuid05

Does anybody else "protect" their superstars?

As in take off your best players once the game is won.....

I always do this.... might be a coincidence but i don't usually suffer from injury crises.
    in my fifth season with PSG and off the top of my head my longest injury layoff to a top player has been 3/4 months

P.S. i've pissed off 1 or 2 lads on a hat-trick....

• Advertisement

i do that the odd time, just all depends on what fixtures are coming up really!

i done a complete clean out of my entire staff, playing as Liverpool and Norwich took clarke for their manager so i had a full clear out.

4 or 5 physios rated 20 (got board to approve buying more!), scouts are all 18+ for potential and ability (i have the top 10 or so for both, my coaching staff are also top notch

Advertisement