Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

danniemcq wrote: »
    i do that the odd time, just all depends on what fixtures are coming up really!

i done a complete clean out of my entire staff, playing as Liverpool and Norwich took clarke for their manager so i had a full clear out.

4 or 5 physios rated 20 (got board to approve buying more!), scouts are all 18+ for potential and ability (i have the top 10 or so for both, my coaching staff are also top notch

Do you just get 18+ JPA scouts regardless of where they are from? Also, do you not have any consideration for adaptability and determination or tactical knowledge (scouting opposition)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I'll take a screen shot my staff stats later, i can't remember off the top of my head but i know JPA and JPP are my main concern

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

diarmuid05 wrote: »
    Does anybody else "protect" their superstars?

As in take off your best players once the game is won.....

I always do this.... might be a coincidence but i don't usually suffer from injury crises.
    in my fifth season with PSG and off the top of my head my longest injury layoff to a top player has been 3/4 months

P.S. i've pissed off 1 or 2 lads on a hat-trick....

Absolutely!, so much so that I only start my best players in the big matches, so I was a bit shocked to see the poor lad had only started 10 matches and came to see me complaining about not getting enough game time!
    Willian is a beast and comes off the bench to rescue games!
    Best 8 million I ever spent!

I protect the players that are sub 70% in fitness first. If there is a big game coming up I'd would be smart enough not to risk him in the first place! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

diarmuid05 wrote: »
    Does anybody else "protect" their superstars?

As in take off your best players once the game is won.....

I always do this.... might be a coincidence but i don't usually suffer from injury crises.
    in my fifth season with PSG and off the top of my head my longest injury layoff to a top player has been 3/4 months

P.S. i've pissed off 1 or 2 lads on a hat-trick....
    Not so much protect but more use common sense. If I'm three or four up and no-one is in need of being subbed off (low 70's/high 60's usually gets my attention), I'll bring on the youngest players I have on the bench in to whatever position they play. If it's a superstar it's a superstar, I dont judge. If however I'm chasing the game or it's tight, I usually leave them on unless they need to come off and bring on more attacking players to normally do absolutly nothing.

On another note, I have the game on commentary only and whenever I'm chasing the game the last fifteen minutes are done in seconds. But, when I'm winning, it takes forever and the opposition get loads of chances. Really annoying that it happens every single time.

• Advertisement

Oops i did it again!

Bought up every good young kid and now my squad is too big and players arent developing cos they are not getting match time cos I also bought quality over 20's like Hamsik, Ganso etc.

I like the way it now says "development has stalled due to lack of match experience"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Oops i did it again!

Bought up every good young kid and now my squad is too big and players arent developing cos they are not getting match time cos I also bought quality over 20's like Hamsik, Ganso etc.

I like the way it now says "development has stalled due to lack of match experience"

Yeah me too. I like the new improved training development updates.

about the youngsters, can't you send them out on loan?

What are the criteria used by the game to decide whether a player is entitled to a work permit for a contract renewal?

I have a player playing for a country ranked 60th in the world, he has played 10 out 11 possible full internationals and he was refused a contract renewal.

AC Milan are now sniffing around since the work permit was denied. Absolutely raging! :mad:

Dempsey wrote: »
    What are the criteria used by the game to decide whether a player is entitled to a work permit for a contract renewal?

I have a player playing for a country ranked 60th in the world, he has played 10 out 11 possible full internationals and he was refused a contract renewal.

AC Milan are now sniffing around since the work permit was denied. Absolutely raging! :mad:

I'm not sure about in the game, but I think it real life you have to have featired in 75% of games or something? Am I close? :P

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I'm not sure about in the game, but I think it real life you have to have featired in 75% of games or something? Am I close? :P

Yea, I heard of that one but this guy has played 90%+ and they are ranked 60th in the world. I dunno why his work permit has been denied.

bangura1.png

The game should explain work permits better :mad:

• Advertisement

Yeah me too. I like the new improved training development updates.

about the youngsters, can't you send them out on loan?

Yep, but not many offers, even if ask no money and pay all the wages
    Kind of got a system going now, where I play 1 or 2 in the league and fa cups, and against the bottom teams, so hoping this will attract interest in Jan window

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

After finishing a season at Newcastle, approximately £10 million budget, won the league cup and finished 2nd in the league, the final table doesn't reflect the season, Man U were always miles ahead and there was nothing it in from 2nd to 6th until the final few games.

The board told me at the end of the season, they were slightly disappointed in my league performance eventhough I finished 2nd having won my final 6 games of the season.

Although I will have champions league football next season, players still have no interest in signing and the board aren't very supportive financially, The likes of Willian/Alba/Saurez still won't even discuss a contract with me. Board gave me £10 million budget for the second season, doubt I could improve much on the previous season with that much.

181870.jpg181871.jpg181872.jpg

tvercetti wrote: »
    After finishing a season at Newcastle.....

Very nice. I'm in 14/15 season and I haven't had great success in the league so far.

I always seem to get to xmas challenging for the title but get too many bad injuries. Although my league positions at Xmas have helped me sign some good players as they say "X is impressed by your league position"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Very nice. I'm in 14/15 season and I haven't had great success in the league so far.

I always seem to get to xmas challenging for the title but get too many bad injuries. Although my league positions at Xmas have helped me sign some good players as they say "X is impressed by your league position"

How much did they give you to invest, I don't think I could improve on last season, I got a relatively easy run in the league cup, Liverpool in the semis was the only serious challenege, what got me second was my ability to beat my nearest rivals, i think i took 6 points off Liverpool, Arsenal, City and Spurs mainly through my counter attacking. Sturridge and Bridges loans are up so would have to replace them too. I was relatively lucky with injuries,my squad isnt the biggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Okay Damiao again; 42 appearances - 59 goals. He's now worth £21mil.

Wouldn't sell him, not for all the tea in China!

tvercetti wrote: »
    How much did they give you to invest, I don't think I could improve on last season, I got a relatively easy run in the league cup, Liverpool in the semis was the only serious challenege, what got me second was my ability to beat my nearest rivals, i think i took 6 points off Liverpool, Arsenal, City and Spurs mainly through my counter attacking. Sturridge and Bridges loans are up so would have to replace them too. I was relatively lucky with injuries,my squad isnt the biggest.

They gave me the same but a couple of seasons in I nabbed a couple of bargains (the best being Sturridge for free, he's my No.1 Striker).

I was able to get rid of some dead wood and when bidding for players would spread out the payments over 48 months so it didn#t impact my transfer kitty as bad immediately.

Okay Damiao again; 42 appearances - 59 goals. He's now worth £21mil.

Wouldn't sell him, not for all the tea in China!

Your chairman would! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

Does anyone know if you can create a new league in the editor and then add it in to your current game using the add league feature in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

matty55 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can create a new league in the editor and then add it in to your current game using the add league feature in the game?

You'd have had to have the league created before you load your game...so to answer your question

no- if you've already started
    yes-if you starting a new game once the new league is created

But you can add other leagues that are in the game mid season and they are added before the next league campaign or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

What tactics are people using for corners? I can't seem to score from them at all. Most times when I get a corner if just says "whipped in by xxxx" and that's it. No header, no clearance, nothing :confused:

i took a bit of time and tinkered with the set piece creater thingy.

Playing as Liverpool and have suarez annoying the keeper, Carroll coming in from deep and my 2 tallest on either post. last season i got 15 or 16 goals from corners

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I always sent my corners to the far post with the tallest player heading the ball. Was nearly always guaranteed a goal for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,364 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I'm into my 3rd season with Man U now, and am only seeing the injury issues this season.
    First 2 seasons, won league, CC twice but failed in the CL at the 2nd round each time. And both times after getting beat stupid in the first leg. I'd used a standard 4-4-2 system with some small tweaks. I never had any major injury crisis in these 2 seasons apart from the usual wear and tear stuff players picked up.

Season 3 I moved to a 4-2-3-1 formation. Its January and I'm unbeaten all season, but am just getting shafted with the injuries. So they must be related to the style of play or something as that's all that has changed this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sarstedt

I'm on my second save now with Malaga. The first save brought me to Wolves via Reading. Reached 3rd place in Championship with Reading and was poached by Wolves (they finished 7th in first season and McM left for Everton). Was given a huge warchest of £40M.

Made plenty of signings in 2012 (will edit and include them) and finished 6th and won the League Cup. A further 40m warchest saw me pip Man U for the league and win the Europa Cup.

Then decided to move to another game with Malaga:

The 2 players I picked up in both games are:
    Bressan (MC/AMC) from BATE BORISOV, 22yr old orginally from Brazil. In first save he cost £11m in 2013. Bought for £1 million in 2011/2012
    Willfried (ST) from Vitesse (I think) in Holland. Cost £13m in 2013 and didn't get too many goals.
    Signed for Malaga in 2011 for £2.5m (escape clause) and is banging them in (10 league in 12 games).
    While managing Wolves I signed Raul on a free in 2012. He was immense in 2 seasons.

Its just like real life..... Have Hamsik and Cavani and they are immense.
    They're not doing too bad for Napoli against City right now either! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

just wondering what size download is the game ?
    i only have a 1mb download speed so downloading a 6gb game isnt a option :(
    also if it is only a 2-3gb download where would the cheapest place to get it be, because steam is to expensive .......

its about 1.6 to 1.9gb i think

Anyone found any "quality" left backs yet for the EPL?

Most I can find like "a cole" are just fairly good

• Advertisement

Anyone found any "quality" left backs yet for the EPL?

Most I can find like "a cole" are just fairly good

LB has been my big problem area.

I'm in pre-season now and just signed a good young un but i think he's a re-gen!

Advertisement