Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Visa Debit Card roll out thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    What about "lost" cards do you know?
    Mine is being mailed in the morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Got sick of AIB messing around tbh... have all my DDs etc set up with them though, and get paid into it, so what I've done is set up an Ulster Bank account also. Starting from my next wage packet, the bulk of my money will be transferred into my UB account. I'll leave some money in my AIB account for my debits and to build up some savings, but will have my Visa Debit with UB and no transaction fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭head_honcho

Got sick of AIB messing around tbh... have all my DDs etc set up with them though, and get paid into it, so what I've done is set up an Ulster Bank account also. Starting from my next wage packet, the bulk of my money will be transferred into my UB account. I'll leave some money in my AIB account for my debits and to build up some savings, but will have my Visa Debit with UB and no transaction fees.

Must have a look in to Ulster Bank, didn't know they did Visa Debit AND no transaction fees

Jealous! :):p

Must have a look in to Ulster Bank, didn't know they did Visa Debit AND no transaction fees

Jealous! :):p

The best part is that they said my "broken" laser card will still work in the mean time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I used this to compare: http://compare.nca.ie/CurrentAccount

Was pretty handy because reading through all the information each bank provides would be enough to trigger a migraine :P

• Advertisement

I used this to compare: http://compare.nca.ie/CurrentAccount

Was pretty handy because reading through all the information each bank provides would be enough to trigger a migraine :P

It really would! that's so handy, thanks! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Pretty mind numbing that AIB customers have had to wait until 2013 at the earlier in order to say, use the biggest and most popular online shop. It's the equivalent of Iarnrod Eireann using steam trains.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭aoife1991

Pretty mind numbing that AIB customers have had to wait until 2013 at the earlier in order to say, use the biggest and most popular online shop. It's the equivalent of Iarnrod Eireann using steam trains.

Think my laser card is going to be getting 'lost' tonight..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Mr.S wrote: »
    Just off the phone with my branch (Bankcentre).

Asked when the Visa Debit cards will be issued, girl said "no exact dates, it'l be done branch by branch from the start of October".

She also said that they will be sent out automatically you don't need to request one, and it doesn't matter when your current Laser card expires.

She also said that some branches will be issuing at a later date (ie Bankcentre will be one of the first to issue, from the start of October, but others may be November, December) but if you "lost" your laser card, then you would be issued a Visa Debit straight away from October, regardless of the branch.

Has anyone "lost" their laser card and requested a new one yet, and gotten a Visa Debit?

Girl on the phone was a bit vague, couldn't tell me any dates just that it was going to be rolled out slowly.

Recieved a replacement laser card in the post this morning. Was told at branch I'd be getting visa debit but no such luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bps

Mr.S wrote: »
    Just off the phone with my branch (Bankcentre).

Asked when the Visa Debit cards will be issued, girl said "no exact dates, it'l be done branch by branch from the start of October".

She also said that they will be sent out automatically you don't need to request one, and it doesn't matter when your current Laser card expires.

She also said that some branches will be issuing at a later date (ie Bankcentre will be one of the first to issue, from the start of October, but others may be November, December) but if you "lost" your laser card, then you would be issued a Visa Debit straight away from October, regardless of the branch.

Has anyone "lost" their laser card and requested a new one yet, and gotten a Visa Debit?

Girl on the phone was a bit vague, couldn't tell me any dates just that it was going to be rolled out slowly.

Recieved a replacement laser card in the post this morning. Was told at branch I'd be getting visa debit but no such luck.

My laser was genuinely broken. I held off requesting a replacement until last Friday in the hope if get the visa posted out this week. Was told I'd be getting laser (which I did) and that I would have to request a visa when they were rolled out. It's a shame there isn't a consistent response from AIB. Everyone is being told something different.

• Advertisement

That is incredibly annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

Haha I got my laser card this week and it is genuinely broken, don't know what to do now tbh:L

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Hey guys, my laser card is expirying the 1st november. Just wondering whats the craic with the replacement card, do I contact AIB or should I be expecting a new card in the next few days/weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

madcabbage wrote: »
    Hey guys, my laser card is expirying the 1st november. Just wondering whats the craic with the replacement card, do I contact AIB or should I be expecting a new card in the next few days/weeks?

You will be issued with a new card closer too the expiry date of

your current card no need to request one. At this rate they will

issue you with a new Laser card the clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Feck I hope you wrong, was hoping to get one of these new Visa debit cards. Fecking ****e Laser!!! ####!!! :mad:

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    What about "lost" cards do you know?

Received a new laser card. Leaving it in the dog's food bowl for safe keeping. Gonna call card services again after lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I was in the bank this morning and I asked the manager. He said that they aren't been issued until October. He also said that all branches will be issuing them then and all customers should receive them by the end of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭aoife1991

Went into my local branch today and was told there were no certain dates, but I might have a visa debit card in the new year. Feck that. Went and upgraded my account with BOI to a third level account and requested a visa debit. They said I'd have it this day week, no problem at all. Balls to waiting until January! Absolute joke. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It's surprisingly slow alright. I wonder what the delay is.

They seem to be planning the rollout for a LONG time at this stage.

aoife1991 wrote: »
    Went into my local branch today and was told there were no certain dates, but I might have a visa debit card in the new year. Feck that. Went and upgraded my account with BOI to a third level account and requested a visa debit. They said I'd have it this day week, no problem at all. Balls to waiting until January! Absolute joke. :mad:

I've been thinking of doing the same, AIB announced plans for the visa debit for over a year now! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I was in the bank this morning and I asked the manager. He said that they aren't been issued until October. He also said that all branches will be issuing them then and all customers should receive them by the end of October.

Me and my Husband have our own AIB accounts with laser cards and want to open a joint account , I wonder should we wait 'til October and see will we get the Visa debit

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

I have a friend works for AIB. AIB staff are getting their Visa debits next week to test pilot them, then AIB customers get their's over December and January

So no point waiting 'til October to open the new account then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Tardis wrote: »
    I have a friend works for AIB. AIB staff are getting their Visa debits next week to test pilot them, then AIB customers get their's over December and January

I think your friends have picked it up wrong. They have already begun the pilot (which includes staff). Roll-out commences in the branch network in October.
    I've been thinking of doing the same, AIB announced plans for the visa debit for over a year now! :rolleyes:

This has always been the plan. When they announced last year, they announced that they would begin piloting over the summer and rolling out to customers in the autumn, with all customers transferred over by summer 2013 (most customers, and all who actually want the visa debit getting changed over in the early stages). The only slippage in dates was that they originally hoped to pilot circa June and general release in Aug/Sep. Overall, they are only out by a month, which, given the huge nature of the project (we're talking millions of cards, all the POS terminals throughout the country, various IT systems, lots of externally controlled IT systems), massive cuts in resources and primary for the bank focus being elsewhere is actually quite impressive.

And no, before anybody asks, I don't work on the project! (but have a few friends who do).

My friend sent me a pic of her AIB visa debit. Simple design but nice. BOI one's nicer lookin though

My friend sent me a pic of her AIB visa debit. Simple design but nice. BOI one's nicer lookin though

Why don't you blur out the details and post it here so we can all see :)

So they have started to issue them ?

Cool. I'll be ringing first thing Monday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Ste_JDM

Awesomeness! I wonder when my branch will be getting the roll out. Shall ring monday to find out

Advertisement