Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Visa Debit Card roll out thread

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got mine in the post today,didn't order it or anything,God help my bank balance :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

i am having a problem linking my card to paypal anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

lisar816 wrote: »
    i am having a problem linking my card to paypal anyone else?

Mine works fine .

Solair wrote: »
    Mine works fine .
    Maybe it's because i haven't used it yet? might need to activate it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dljitx

Yes you need to call up AIB automated system to activate it, (my local branch told me this so this is what I did) I have had mine since Jan this year, a Freind of mine lost his Laser card and was issued the New Debit card, so I called up and requested one :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So you have to call up aib if you want to link it to pay pal?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

No, just before you use it for the first time anywhere.

Really?I used my to withdraw money yesterday and it worked.

That was the problem it was because i had not used it before its linked now. Much safer to use it threw paypal online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Ah, you need to use it in an ATM even just check your balance!

Once you do that, your Laser Card cancels and your visa debit is active.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

When I try link my VISA debit card to my paypal I get this message

"This credit card has been denied by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was denied, please contact your credit card issuer's customer service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card."

Anybody else have a similar issue. I've used it quite regularly over the last few months just not on paypal. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Nevermind I put money into my account and that worked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

It must be my banks turn. I got my visa debit this morning without requesting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

Karen23 wrote: »
    It must be my banks turn. I got my visa debit this morning without requesting it.

Me too! Our account is with the dundrum branch. Hubby's hasn't shown up yet, but I'd expect that soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Karen23 wrote: »

So, after finally receiving my Visa Debit we have decided to move bank's. Fees for this quarter were crazy.

Advertisement