Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Visa Debit Card roll out thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Why two?

2 accounts with AIB for all my money washing (joking) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Did this myself today, not a hassle at all, just said I want a Visa debit card and they had no problem issuing one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

yeah...i didnt blag or bluff....just asked straight out for the visa debit, yer wan said no problemo. got my pin...waiting for the plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭medic780

Just ordered mine today happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Ste_JDM

So what.. Call up Card Services and just say ''Id like to replace my Laser with the Visa Debt card''

• Advertisement

pretty much, yes

Awesomes! Shall do it tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Mine came last week in the post. I hadn't even heard of it

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

Got a AIB Visa Debit card last month as i had lost my Banklink card Nice looking card etc Except the chip went faulty just after a couple of ATM withdrawls waiting for replacement card

So much for new technology

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Just ordered it there. Took two mins with details on hand and very easy to deal with .

• Advertisement

Done and Done. Mentioned my chip was slowly popping out (and it kinda is). She was nice enough to order a replacement and told all about the wonders of Visa Debt and that I should have it soon. My Laser will still work for the next 14 days. Not bad.

Also, call me a slow poke but I see AIB have changed to using a electronic Card Reader instead of the good old Card Code?

http://www.aib.ie/servlet/Satellite?c=SC_Content&cid=1291806113056&pagename=SecurityCentre/sc_main&section=S003

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

AIB Card Services
    Operations Contact Centre,
    PO Box 708,
    Sandyford Business Centre,
    Dublin 18

Telephone No.
    01 6685500

Is this the number to ring?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

got my visa debit today...happy days.

Got mine today too, looks cool

KevinK wrote: »
    AIB Card Services
    Operations Contact Centre,
    PO Box 708,
    Sandyford Business Centre,
    Dublin 18

Telephone No.
    01 6685500

Is this the number to ring?

Yep

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just rang up and said i wanted the new visa debit earlier today, didnt even have to pretend i'd lost my laser. dude also said he'd fix the spelling of my name (i'm a man and my aib cards have always had the feminine version of my name on them) although i've heard that several times before so i'll find out next week if aib will finally accept the existence of my testicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Do you get a new pin number???

yep
    i was told my new pin was being sent tomorrow, card was being sent friday

^ You.. I love that username

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Dr conrad murray

Rang up card services and told them the chip was falling out of my laser
    card, they asked me to confirm my name, adress and card details and i had the visa debit card within 3 days. EBAY, AMAZON HERE I COME!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Rang up card services and told them the chip was falling out of my laser
    card, they asked me to confirm my name, adress and card details and i had the visa debit card within 3 days. EBAY, AMAZON HERE I COME!

All very tempting until you get to a stage where your card gets declined due to lack of funds :)

Happened me, went mad buying stuff online, whereas before I'd have to call into the bank and put money on my visa debit in tsb, so I'd have to think about each purchase. Now it's click and buy.

card arrived this morning. had it linked to and confirmed on my paypal account in about ten seconds. aib internet banking a lot better than it used to be.

card itself looks quite snazzy, they actually got my name right on it for the first time in well over 15 years. was able to use it online straight away too after how easy it was to link to paypal. now all I need is some money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Smashing, just rang up and asked to get the Laser swapped for a Debit. No problems, just the usual security verifications etc.

:)

I just did the same, new card & pin will be posted out within 14 days, just in time for the new year sales :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

they actually got my name right on it for the first time in well over 15 years.
    To be fair, you do have an incredibly long name Sir Digby..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I just got mine last week without ordering it at all despite the fact that my Laser card had another year or more to go.

Got mine! Huzzah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Alun wrote: »
    I just got mine last week without ordering it at all despite the fact that my Laser card had another year or more to go.

Not now it doesnt. Did you not also get a letter saying that you're laser card would'nt work any more after a particular date, or after you used your new visa debit card for the first time?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭cono121

I got mine without even requesting one.

Question: Do they issue a new PIN separately??

M three wrote: »
    Not now it doesnt. Did you not also get a letter saying that you're laser card would'nt work any more after a particular date, or after you used your new visa debit card for the first time?
    Yes, I'm fully aware of that. I was just stressing the point that others here were suggesting that the Visa Debit card was only being issued to those whose Laser cards were expiring or close to expiry, and suggesting ways to 'force' the issue of a new card, whereas I was given one despite the fact that my Laser card was nowhere near expiry.

• Advertisement

cono121 wrote: »
    I got mine without even requesting one.

Question: Do they issue a new PIN separately??
    My PIN was the same as on my existing Laser card.

Advertisement