Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your unpopular music opinions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭music producer

How about the McClain Family Band, bluegrass-y

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Bono is a very good singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

viadah wrote: »
    Black Eyed Peas make the absolute sh|ttiest music. It's the musical equivalent of being bopped on the head with a balloon repeatedly by a developmentally challenged four year old, it's that blandly irritating.

The worst thing about them is that there are some chin stroking alternative hip hop fans (cocks, in other words) who claim they only went to pot after they signed Fergie and went all pop about 8 years ago.

Fact is BEP have been utter sh1te since their inception nearly 20 years ago. Of course back in those days the hip hop coming out of California from Death Row records etc was so good there wasnt room for rubbish like this to prosper.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

The worst thing about them is that there are some chin stroking alternative hip hop fans (cocks, in other words) who claim they only went to pot after they signed Fergie and went all pop about 8 years ago.

Fact is BEP have been utter sh1te since their inception nearly 20 years ago. Of course back in those days the hip hop coming out of California from Death Row records etc was so good there wasnt room for rubbish like this to prosper.

I reckon there is better hip hop now then there was then. I don't think it's a lack of decent hip hop that has let them become successful, they don't appeal to a hip hop audience. Why do you call fans of alternative hip hop 'cocks'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Kold wrote: »
    Why do you call fans of alternative hip hop 'cocks'?

I was referring to the "they were great before Fergie" brigade as cocks.

Im not mad about the alternative stuff mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Some of the 3rd division Britpop bands (Marion, 60 foot dolls, Supernaturals, Northern uproar) have a few great songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

karaokeman wrote: »
    Bono is a very good singer.

thats only become an unpopular opinion in the past decade or so , granted i havent liked a U2 song since about 1993 but he is a great singer and the bono slagging has gone too far lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I really like Coldplay.

irishh_bob wrote: »
    thats only become an unpopular opinion in the past decade or so , granted i havent liked a U2 song since about 1993 but he is a great singer and the bono slagging has gone too far lately

I never really hear of his voice being slagged. Just his vacuous lyrics and the fact that he's meant to be a bit of a tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

James Brown was a better performer than Michael Jackson.

• Advertisement

I never really hear of his voice being slagged. Just his vacuous lyrics and the fact that he's meant to be a bit of a tool.

In my experience people slag Bono any way they can. If its not because he preaches its because they think he can't sing or write good songs.

But I agree the slagging is going old now and its reaching a point of irrelevance.

I was one of the 240,000 people who saw U2 at Croke Park almost three years ago, great live band btw, I'd go for music over personality at a bands gig anyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭music producer

I like a couple of Radiohead's albums. The album that has "Last Living Souls" has something I have never experienced before. When I listen intently in stereo, positioned properly between the speakers, a particular sound on one of the songs seems clearly to be coming from outside the speaker area - i.e. from somewhere to the right of the right speaker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

I like a couple of Radiohead's albums. The album that has "Last Living Souls" has something I have never experienced before. When I listen intently in stereo, positioned properly between the speakers, a particular sound on one of the songs seems clearly to be coming from outside the speaker area - i.e. from somewhere to the right of the right speaker!

Last Living Souls is by Gorillaz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

On Boards these would be controversial:
    Chris Brown is a living breathing MJ.
    Bieber is the new JT|(Awaits Justin Timberlake is also **** comments)
    Jason Derulo is super talented

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I never liked the Stones, I can appreciate them but just don't dig their music, I think Jagger may be a big part of the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭yomamma

katy perrie, british rap, but on i never understood was korn. Ilike my rock music but what the **** this aint music just the oul saying bunch of boys shoutin words. How can ye respect that musee

This might be shoutin version but it real music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf61K6ZKu_4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

yomamma wrote: »
    katy perrie, british rap, but on i never understood was korn. Ilike my rock music but what the **** this aint music just the oul saying bunch of boys shoutin words. How can ye respect that musee

This might be shoutin version but it real music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf61K6ZKu_4
    Their debut album was good enough for its time although not as original as everyone makes it out to be, but everything after that doesn't interest me. But who are you to say what is and what isn't music? If you think Korn is just a bunch of guys shouting I'd love to see your views on Napalm Death or Mayhem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Nine Inch Nails may be the worst band I have ever heard. Unlistenable crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Black Vail Brides , Pure Sh!te

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭VenomousFish

Zero1986 wrote: »
    Their debut album was good enough for its time although not as original as everyone makes it out to be, but everything after that doesn't interest me. But who are you to say what is and what isn't music? If you think Korn is just a bunch of guys shouting I'd love to see your views on Napalm Death or Mayhem.

I was never really a big fan of Korn, but I always did think they were at least original. Could you give me an example of some bands with stuff similar to Korn's first album? I'm curious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

ItsAWindUp wrote: »

Nine Inch Nails aren't a band as such. It's a solo project by Reznor. They're only a 'band' for live performances.

ItsAWindUp wrote: »

Worst band ever is a bit much.

I'm sure you'd prefer them over any of those divas who only became famous because of autotune, seen as how you said earlier you hate singers who can't sing.

Madonna for example, 1,000,000 times worse than Nine Inch Nails.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

karaokeman wrote: »
    Worst band ever is a bit much.

I'm sure you'd prefer them over any of those divas who only became famous because of autotune, seen as how you said earlier you hate singers who can't sing.

Madonna for example, 1,000,000 times worse than Nine Inch Nails.

1,000,000 times is a bit much. More like 945,821 times better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I was never really a big fan of Korn, but I always did think they were at least original. Could you give me an example of some bands with stuff similar to Korn's first album? I'm curious.
    Well they were original to some degree, but they still drew heavy influences from bands like Godflesh and Mr Bungle.

1,000,000 times is a bit much. More like 945,821 times better.

I was being nice saying 1,000,000 times worse than Nine Inch Nails, I could probably rate Madonna much, much lower than that because she is dire.

Radiohead are bad, Bono is great, Madonna is bad, Oasis are good, Bieber is the anti christ, Nine Ince Nails are a million times better than Madonna yet not that great.

I'm having a hard time figuring out your value system Karaokeman.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Radiohead are bad, Bono is great, Madonna is bad, Oasis are good, Bieber is the anti christ, Nine Ince Nails are a million times better than Madonna yet not that great.

good luck with that.

I don't think Radiohead are bad anymore now that I heard OK Computer, I think they're alright.

As for Bono, ask yourself this does his preaching really make all that big of a deal? U2 are a great band, lots of people love Guns 'n' Roses, doesn't mean they have to like Axel Rose as a person.

Madonna and JB are just terrible full stop.

Oasis are not good they are great.
    lordgoat wrote: »
    good luck with that.

It won't be difficult if Kold doesn't put words in my mouth like;
    Nine Ince Nails are a million times better than Madonna yet not that great.

When the hell did I ever say Nine Inch Nails were "not that great"? I said they were a million times better than Madonna. That would be like giving Nine Inch Tails 7/10 and giving Madonna 0.000007/10, which is a dire score by any standards and 7/10 does not substantiate a band as being "not that great".

Yeah, my bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cianisgood

micheal jackson is overrated

Advertisement