Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Vita Network Media Player now available on the EU store, https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/apps/network-media-player/cid=EP9000-PCSF00635_00-NASPOCKET000SCEE
    Compatible with PlayStation®Vita and PlayStation®TV.

Gameplay requires PlayStation®Vita memory card (sold separately).

Use the Network Media Player app to access media servers over a network with your PlayStation®Vita or PlayStation®TV system.

With the Network Media Player app, you can use your PS Vita or PS TV system to view photos and stream music and videos from a media server located on your home network. You can also copy photos, music and video files from the media server to your system.

Important Notices
    • Some media servers might not support this application.
    • Supports all PS Vita system languages.
    • Supported file formats – Photo: JPEG Music: MP3 (MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer-3), MP4 (MPEG-4 AAC), WAVE (Linear PCM) Video: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Baseline/Main/High Profile Level4.0 Max Reso 1920x1080/30p, AAC (Sampling Frequency 32kHz/44.1kHz/48kHz).

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dizzymenace

hey guys, i thought freedom wars would retail at 40e if not 50e but i saw it on psn for 25e, now im really considering getting it this week BUT i'd need a hard copy. the best price i've seen was on smyths for 30e. did anyone find a retail copy to match the psn price. i know it's only for the sake of a fiver but as a broke student it adds up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

hey guys, i thought freedom wars would retail at 40e if not 50e but i saw it on psn for 25e, now im really considering getting it this week BUT i'd need a hard copy. the best price i've seen was on smyths for 30e. did anyone find a retail copy to match the psn price. i know it's only for the sake of a fiver but as a broke student it adds up.

Feck I got it off amazon for 36, I knew I should have checked psn first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I just seen the resogun devs confirmed a vita version is on the way. I wonder will it be cross buy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

What really? Damn I love my resogun :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

cloud493 wrote: »
    What really? Damn I love my resogun :D
    Yes they have a post about dlc on the eu blog and in the comment section they mention it, it's at the very bottom of the comment if your searching for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone here played freedom wars, not sure if its for me but id like to hear what other people thought of it. Never played a monster hunter type game before

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Resogun for Vita! That is awesome news!

Wouldn't mind hearing a few more views on Freedom Wars. The reviews haven't been as good as I was hoping so I'm thinking of waiting a bit first.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Has anyone here played freedom wars, not sure if its for me but id like to hear what other people thought of it. Never played a monster hunter type game before
    tok9 wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind hearing a few more views on Freedom Wars. The reviews haven't been as good as I was hoping so I'm thinking of waiting a bit first.

I have finished the Japanese version, anything in particular you guys want to know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Got freedom wars :D

Xenji wrote: »
    I have finished the Japanese version, anything in particular you guys want to know?

Not really, I already know you like it.. just curious to hear a few other opinions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

cloud493 wrote: »
    Got freedom wars :D

what do you make of it?

Xenji wrote: »

Is there much grinding to do in it? what game would you compare it too if any at all?

what do you make of it?

Is there much grinding to do in it? what game would you compare it too if any at all?

I would say the game is closer to God Eater with some Lost Planet thrown in, the only thing it has in common with Monster Hunter is well hunting monsters.

As for grinding, yes there is a lot, for weapons and items mainly and the fact that you are always trying to take time off of your sentence, but it does not become a chore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Got Freedom Wars there as well today.

Played it for about a hour there and i have no idea the game was fully in Japanese and subs thats the main disappointment of the game as i was hoping for the game to be dubbed.

The controls are a bit confusing but i say after another few hours they be grand.

But the game runs and looks fantastic on the Vita comes to show that when games are designed from the ground up for it there great and not bad ports like all the HD remaster games.

Got Freedom Wars there as well today.

Played it for about a hour there and i have no idea the game was fully in Japanese and subs thats the main disappointment of the game as i was hoping for the game to be dubbed.

The controls are a bit confusing but i say after another few hours they be grand.

But the game runs and looks fantastic on the Vita comes to show that when games are designed from the ground up for it there great and not bad ports like all the HD remaster games.

Personally that doesn't bother me at all, if they did that with half the titles released in japan that never made it over here i'd be happy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Love the look of freedom wars. That review makes me want it even more.

Also last thing I played from Japan Studios was Gravity Rush which was savage!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Japan Studios are a pretty talented bunch. Wish they made more games. The team in charge of this game and gravity rush used to be the team that made Silent Hill.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Japan Studios are a pretty talented bunch. Wish they made more games. The team in charge of this game and gravity rush used to be the team that made Silent Hill.

Didn't know they used to be the team behind silent hill.

I too wish they made more.

Gravity Rush was fantastic imo. I'm still holding out for the sequel but I don't see it happening anytime soon unfortunately. The trailer came out ages ago and nothing on it since.

• Advertisement

Right, I think I may download it when I get back to London and check it out properly on Monday.

Loved gravity rush never finished it though, the camera was really at times.

Loved gravity rush never finished it though, the camera was really at times.

I think the camera wasn't too bad. I think you just need to get used to the gravity or lack there of which takes a few plays.

The only thing they need to tweek imo is the combat as the lock on system was flawed. You ended up missing your enemy a bit. You get used to it but it's not ideal.

Other than that though I genuinely loved that game. So beautiful to look at, the music was fantastic and really cool characters. Weird but strangely interesting story too.

On freedom wars just a quick question I can't seem to get the answer online for...

Can you play online with randomers when at boss battles etc? Does it match make you with others? I won't have any friends playing this hence the question.

If you can do the above when you die do they revive you like in Destinys strike missions? Or do you just start over with less than what you went in with weapon/health wise?

Quick go of Freedom Wars there. My god is it god. Could be a game of the year contender for me. Really unfair that nearly all the big game sites and publications are just completely ignoring it. There's not a day that goes by when there's not another Destiny article and yet we have freedom wars which is along similar lines but far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Quick go of Freedom Wars there. My god is it god. Could be a game of the year contender for me. Really unfair that nearly all the big game sites and publications are just completely ignoring it. There's not a day that goes by when there's not another Destiny article and yet we have freedom wars which is along similar lines but far better.

How many people have vitas.

Destiny articles get the clicks, but most podcast (from the big sites) I listen to are talking about it a lot.

There's not even reviews of it though, it's the first big budget Vita game since Tearaway.

Really horrible seeing game journalism getting so bad (I'm not even going to get into gamergate since that whole thing is utter nonsense). There was a time when you got a good mix of niche and big games but now it's all just big games and stuff like Freedom Wars and the Atelier series just being swept under the rug. IT's a shame because I can see this game appealing to even people that wouldn't normally like JRPGs considering it plays more like an action game with it's lovely fast paced combat.

Sony seem to be putting a lot of effort into freedom wars promotion, so much so they can't even get the games name right:

T2OCX0hl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,141 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Uh oh, you got the Freedom Warts? Don't worry; a little Penicillin will clear that right up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Bit of duofilm will do that too ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement