Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I just watched a video of freedom wars on gameinformer, the grappling reminds me of Attack on titan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I just watched a video of freedom wars on gameinformer, the grappling reminds me of Attack on titan :)

SOLD! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Freedom wars arrived, it was shipped Friday from amazon, that was very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Downloaded it myself. Played the first 3 parts, 2 tutorials and an easy intro fight.

So far I'm enjoying it, seems to be a lot of info to get around first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Tales Of Heart R which is coming out next Friday has no English dub, just in case people where expecting it like with Freedom Wars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

So those that mean they are just avoiding localisation altogether on games now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭RedXIV

So those that mean they are just avoiding localisation altogether on games now?

Having worked in game localisation, I can tell you it's horrendously expensive and the return of investment is rarely worth it unless you are dealing with something that will sell millions of copies with ease.

They may not be that confident of tales of hearts R making a big splash

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Having spoken in favour of more games including the original voice track before (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057125885&page=1) I'm quite pleased that these games are foregoing dubbing. These games are all very 'Japanese' indeed in terms of art, gameplay and settings, and honestly English voices seem ill-fitting as a result. It may be for financial and practical reasons, but I'd much rather subtitles than a subpar voice localisation (and as far as I'm concerned a vast majority of dubs are of a poor quality).

Lack of dubbing never really bothers me, usually use the Japanese audio track in most games anyway if the option is there, games feel more authentic that way to me and some dubs can be horrendous.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Christ, Freedom Wars has a serious case of info dump-itis. Doesn't help that all of it is wrapped up in nonsense dystopia speak :/ (although the setting is interesting generally)

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    Lack of dubbing never really bothers me, usually use the Japanese audio track in most games anyway if the option is there, games feel more authentic that way to me and some dubs can be horrendous.

Same here I actually prefer it and if means bringing more games like that over here so be it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Here here. As long as the game is released I'm happy. If a language dub was required we wouldn't even see these games on our shores. The market for these games is well able to handle subtitles and most would even prefer it so why the hell even bother with an expensive dub. It's not like the call of duty crowd will take interest. A lot of these games get english subtitled Asian releases anyway so it's a no brainer.

Would the Asian releases always have English subs? I brought sword art online before it came out over here it and did,Just wondering if they all do?

I wonder will Phantasy Star Nova make it over here? its out in japan on the 27th.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No not all Asian releases but Sony are pretty good for doing it. My advice is keep an eye on playasia, as soon as they can confirm a game has english subs they'll announce it.

Really hoping for a Nova release as well. It's by tri ace who have been on a roll recently with resonance of fate and the ff13 sequels.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The PS VIta TV is available on Play-Asia for ~ €48 + €15 shipping

Roughly €63 Delivered. Even if you got hit by customs, I work it out at roughly €75 altogether. That seems pretty good..

I don't have a Vita, but I thought it would suit this thread more than bargain alerts, as you may get some people buying a few with plans on profiting from them on Adverts or similar..

Ordered the pack with the Dual Shock 3 since I didn't have a dual shock. Bargain, although expect to pay customs on it since the lowest shipping option is fedex and they always hand over to customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You can use a DS4 or 3 to remote play on the PS4 but does it work the other way, can I just buy a DS4 and connect to my PS3.

Can't find an answer so whenever anyone here get's it can you tell me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Varik

corcaigh07 wrote: »

Ye that's directly to the PS3 nothing to do with the PlayStation/Vita TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I just mentioned on the destiny thread that I've seen an improvement in the vita remote play since the last ps4 update but maybe more people will reply here.

Does anyone play ps4 remotely much?

Up until the update I was constantly getting lag and worse disconnects.

Maybe it's a coincidence that since the update it's workin.

• Advertisement

So who is playing Freedom Wars any does anyone wanna play co-op sometime? I'm Code Level 3 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Very happy Danganronpa 2 is on sale on PSN for €19.99, just snapped that up, now I just need to finish the first one.

tok9 wrote: »
    So who is playing Freedom Wars any does anyone wanna play co-op sometime? I'm Code Level 3 now.

Is there a dedicated server for multiplayer? Or is local/ad hoc only?

Well there is definitely an online component. I'm doubt they are dedicated servers.

Just picked it up last night, so will probably pay single player tonight but will be happy to do coop after that?

Got my vita tv today from playasia. Nice bit of kit. It's so small as well. Didn't get hit by customs either which is nice. Haven't had much time to play with it since I got a famicom and Super Nintendo Everdrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Looking forward to hearing how you get on with this. Am tempted even after the dodgy reviews last week.
    Sounds like a great idea of a device.

Well done on not being stung for it.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Got my vita tv today from playasia. Nice bit of kit. It's so small as well. Didn't get hit by customs either which is nice. Haven't had much time to play with it since I got a famicom and Super Nintendo Everdrive!

Definitely planning to get one. Hope it fulfils my basic needs. Can you get netflix on it actually?

RedXIV wrote: »
    Definitely planning to get one. Hope it fulfils my basic needs. Can you get netflix on it actually?

Not yet, it is still TBC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dizzymenace

Allyall wrote: »
    The PS VIta TV is available on Play-Asia for ~ €48 + €15 shipping

Roughly €63 Delivered. Even if you got hit by customs, I work it out at roughly €75 altogether. That seems pretty good..

I don't have a Vita, but I thought it would suit this thread more than bargain alerts, as you may get some people buying a few with plans on profiting from them on Adverts or similar..

thats pretty good, it's going to sell in gamestop for 99e and 120e with a dualshock 3 and memory card, i think thats the version i'd get though. i'd be kind of nervous aswell, if anything is region locked or if all the text is in japaneese

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement