Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Is Toukiden - The Age of Demons worth getting?

If you ever played Monster Hunter and enjoyed it, then yes it is, although it was an improved game when I played the enhanced edition, but that has no localized release date yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    If you ever played Monster Hunter and enjoyed it, then yes it is, although it was an improved game when I played the enhanced edition, but that has no localized release date yet.

Hmmm never played monster hunter, would it be anything like ragorok odessey (excuse the spelling :o)

Hmmm never played monster hunter, would it be anything like ragorok odessey (excuse the spelling :o)

From playing both, Ragnarok played more like Phantasy Star Online, one little quirk about the reviews of Ragnarok is that they compared it to Dragons Crown as they came out around the same time, which in my opinion was a very mediocre game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyone know the best place to get a 32gb card for the vita? My 16gb just isnt cutting it anymore

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Anyone know the best place to get a 32gb card for the vita? My 16gb just isnt cutting it anymore

If you are willing to wait about 10-12 days you can get one from VGP for 54 Euro including delivery.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/playstation-vita-memory-card-32gb-sony-vita-p-19652.html

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    If you are willing to wait about 10-12 days you can get one from VGP for 54 Euro including delivery.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/playstation-vita-memory-card-32gb-sony-vita-p-19652.html

Thanks for that. Ye im not in any rush for it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

There are at least 2 themes on the store now. Crystal and stitch.

I have crystal but it's a little disappointing that it only seems to affect the hardware bubbles. None of the games have a 'crystal' effect. Glad that it changes the music though. Nice for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

tok9 wrote: »
    There are at least 2 themes on the store now. Crystal and stitch.

I have crystal but it's a little disappointing that it only seems to affect the hardware bubbles. None of the games have a 'crystal' effect. Glad that it changes the music though. Nice for a change.

Turning the menu music off was one of the first things I did when I got my vita, drove me nuts. New themes are good though hopefully some game specific ones will be released

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Anyone else not seeing any new free member games in the Plus Area in the store?

Minecraft is up on the store now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Minecraft is up on the store now

I've already got this on the PS4. Do you know if it's cross buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

TinCanMan wrote: »
    I've already got this on the PS4. Do you know if it's cross buy?

It's cross-buy on Vita and PS3, not PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    It's cross-buy on Vita and PS3, not PS4.

Ok, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Loving minecraft on the vita. Anyone notice a slight delay when you but a block down or mine one. you see the outline before it appears or disappears

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

3 new themes added with Tearaway probably being the nicest.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Anyone looking to play Minecraft together, give me an add :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'd love to play minecraft with ye but no way am I paying again for it :( already have the disc based version for ps3.

Anyone getting Samurai Warriors 4 this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Redo91

Anyone know anywhere with the original 3g PS Vita is stock? It's been discontinued and I'm struggling to come across it. I'm looking for it new and not second hand. It seems like Game might have it on their website but it says you need to set up an account to benefit from "Stock Alert" as it calls it (they must be down to their last few). I tried to set one up but it wont let me as I already had an old account with my current e-mail. I then asked for my password to be sent to my e-mail but there is no sign of it 24 hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Redo91 wrote: »
    Anyone know anywhere with the original 3g PS Vita is stock? It's been discontinued and I'm struggling to come across it. I'm looking for it new and not second hand. It seems like Game might have it on their website but it says you need to set up an account to benefit from "Stock Alert" as it calls it (they must be down to their last few). I tried to set one up but it wont let me as I already had an old account with my current e-mail. I then asked for my password to be sent to my e-mail but there is no sign of it 24 hours later.

I saw a few in Argos on the machines in store if you go into the discounts section.

JeaicMaG wrote: »
    I saw a few in Argos on the machines in store if you go into the discounts section.

Cheers that's great. Any chance you remember how much they were? It was available for €150 in Gamestop a few months back but I didn't have the money for it at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Redo91 wrote: »
    Cheers that's great. Any chance you remember how much they were? It was available for €150 in Gamestop a few months back but I didn't have the money for it at the time.

I think it was about 150. This was in either Jervis or Ilac about two weeks ago!

JeaicMaG wrote: »
    I think it was about 150. This was in either Jervis or Ilac about two weeks ago!

Cheers. I'll have a look in the Argos in Galway when I get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dizzymenace

thinking 'bout getting black ops declassified for 20 euro in smyths, what do you guys think. is ti worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

thinking 'bout getting black ops declassified for 20 euro in smyths, what do you guys think. is ti worth it.

No.

If you want an FPS on the Vita, the only really good option is Killzone Mercenary. Superb game.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Finshed P4G on the vita again and got the true ending.I really cant wait for P5

Otacon wrote: »
    No.

If you want an FPS on the Vita, the only really good option is Killzone Mercenary. Superb game.

have it, played it to death and now im sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I haven't played it but i would assume it's portable COD. If you like COD im sure you won't be disappointed.

It didn't get great reviews though.

Burning skies can be picked up very cheap and it's not bad for a linear shortish bit of FPS action.

Other than that Id recommend trying different genres. There's not a lot of FPS games on Vita in particular after you've already played the best one to death.

What other genres are you into?

I haven't played it but i would assume it's portable COD. If you like COD im sure you won't be disappointed.

It didn't get great reviews though.

Burning skies can be picked up very cheap and it's not bad for a linear shortish bit of FPS action.

Other than that Id recommend trying different genres. There's not a lot of FPS games on Vita in particular after you've already played the best one to death.

What other genres are you into?

well, i want the hd collections, mgs, sly, jak, ratchet and clank but i can get them on ps3 cheaper. i just really want a reason to play my vita. declassified is exclusive so it wouldnt hurt BUT the story is only 2 hours long, i just hope that the online community is still alive.

P.S. i'm going to get burning skies, unit 13, mod nation racers

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

well, i want the hd collections, mgs, sly, jak, ratchet and clank but i can get them on ps3 cheaper. i just really want a reason to play my vita. declassified is exclusive so it wouldnt hurt BUT the story is only 2 hours long, i just hope that the online community is still alive.

Ithink Sly jack and Rarchet and clank are cross buy

• Advertisement

By all accounts Jak and Daxter is a really bad port. A shame as of all those games that's the most one that would interest me. What MGS games are in the collection? Is it the first 3?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement