Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dizzymenace

Ithink Sly jack and Rarchet and clank are cross buy

does cross buy only work for digital downloads or hard copies aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

does cross buy only work for digital downloads or hard copies aswell

I think digital only but just double check to make sure they are cross buy I only looked at them a few weeks ago so memory may be hazy

I think digital only but just double check to make sure they are cross buy I only looked at them a few weeks ago so memory may be hazy

the only game to offer cross-buy through retail purchase is minecraft for vita. i'm sickened, i hate downloading games, no resale value.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Did anyone pick up Frozen Synapse Prime? Tempted but even the PC versions multiplayer is quiet.

Redo91 wrote: »
    By all accounts Jak and Daxter is a really bad port. A shame as of all those games that's the most one that would interest me. What MGS games are in the collection? Is it the first 3?

sadly the mgs collection only includes mgs 2 and 3. though it also includes metal gear 1 and metal gear 2 from the msx. it's a diluted collection compared to whats offered on the ps3 and 360, they get the hd peacewalker and that is a huge difference. the added ps vita functionality isn't great, doesn't add anything to the experience.

i heard about the jak trilogy being bad but how? is it just framerate.

• Advertisement

well i got blops declassified.
    i had to download a 411 mb patch before playing just to fix the online glitches.
    thank god for the mp because otherwise i would have returned it.
    i heard the game was 2 hours long but i also heard the same thing about kane and lynch dog days and i loved that game.
    declassified is actually more like 50 minutes long, i was gutted, and the hostiles mode is poorer than i thought.
    that's what you get after rushing a game out the door after 5 months of development.
    for 20euro it wasn't too bad, i could always resell it for a tenner. at least i didn't pay 50euro on psn or at launch.

next game to get is wipeout 2048, it's 10 euro new at xtravision.

I'm wondering if sony or any third parties will release a western AAA for the christmas holiday.
    I've been looking at the vita sales records. on weeks where nothing happens it sells a little over 4,000, but when a bundle pack is sold with a new AAA game it soars to 100,000+. you'd think they'd notice this pattern andget a bundle ready to ship for christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭RedXIV

i heard about the jak trilogy being bad but how? is it just framerate.

The first isn't bad but the latter two needed all the shoulder buttons on the PS2 controller and with the vita you need to use the rear touch pad and it doesn't feel natural at all, that and the camera appears to work against you a lot of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I'm wondering if sony or any third parties will release a western AAA for the christmas holiday.
    I've been looking at the vita sales records. on weeks where nothing happens it sells a little over 4,000, but when a bundle pack is sold with a new AAA game it soars to 100,000+. you'd think they'd notice this pattern andget a bundle ready to ship for christmas.

It's doubtful. Sony themselves have said they don't plan on releasing any more AAA titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Not gonna happen, actually they will become extremely rare, Japanese developers are dominating the upcoming releases for the foreseeable future, Freedom Wars has sold over 300000 copies in Japan alone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    Not gonna happen, actually they will become extremely rare, Japanese developers are dominating the upcoming releases for the foreseeable future, Freedom Wars has sold over 300000 copies in Japan alone.

Out on Friday in the eu

Out on Friday in the eu

I highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,516 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone seen how much Borderlands is going for second hand (to buy that is)?

I see online is €18 in CEX if they've any left.

Varik wrote: »
    Anyone seen how much Borderlands is going for second hand (to buy that is)?

I see online is €18 in CEX if they've any left.

trying to find specefic games second hand for the vita is murder. gamestop have a poor collection of pre-owned vita games (farm simulator and bad lego games) and everybody on adverts are trying to sell there games and consoles as a bundle. I reckon that'll be VERY hard to find pre-owned as anyone who buys a game at this stage in the vitas life is going to hold onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Yup, I just bought borderlands from Amazon for £20 a few weeks back. Still have to open it.

But I've given up on finding good vita games second had at this stage. New is not mega expensive anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,516 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Yup, I just bought borderlands from Amazon for £20 a few weeks back. Still have to open it.

But I've given up on finding good vita games second had at this stage. New is not mega expensive anyway.

It's €25 or there about on PSN, not sure how much it is on the US/UK PSN. Might be better off getting it digitally for the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

£18 plus postage from uk cex site, they have quite a few of them in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Anyone know the currently cheapest place for a 64GB card?

I'm tempted to upgrade, I currently have a 16GB card.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Play asia I think

Freedom wars is out this week, anyone else getting it?

They work out at about €84 on both VGP and Play-Asia and €88 on Amazon, Amazon would be quicker and with free delivery

• Advertisement

Play asia I think

Gonna get it again, it is quite dialogue heavy and I have probably missed out on some of the story, although it is a bit paper thin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

trying to find specefic games second hand for the vita is murder.

I agree with this statement, although not necessarily in the way you intended: the Vita needs all the new software sales it can get :p

Xenji wrote: »
    Gonna get it again, it is quite dialogue heavy and I have probably missed out on some of the story, although it is a bit paper thin.

Oh ya you got the Japanese version, I was looking at the trophy list and it looks easy enough anyway.
    I agree with this statement, although not necessarily in the way you intended: the Vita needs all the new software sales it can get :p

Damn straight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Tbf, all the indies being pumped out on the PS4 has meant some great cross-buy games for the Vita. Really enjoying the Vita for the indies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I picked up the 64GB card for 81 Euro from Play Asia, that includes delivery and currency conversion etc. I know it'll take a while but I'm in no rush.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Play asia I think

i think i'll be waiting a couple of weeks to see how it works out and settles with other psvita users. something that annoys me though is that it's subtitled. i'd rather english dub

i think i'll be waiting a couple of weeks to see how it works out and settles with other psvita users. something that annoys me though is that it's subtitled. i'd rather english dub

Didnt know that it was subbed, that wouldn't bother anyway, I played the sword art online game and that was subbed too and it was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Freedom wars could be the first Vita game I buy in almost a year. Very excited :D

RedXIV wrote: »
    Freedom wars could be the first Vita game I buy in almost a year. Very excited :D

Do it, imo this game ranks up there with P4:G as a must have for the system, the main story can take up to 30-40 hours and you need to play it about 5 times to do and get everything, the one issue people could have with the game is that the controls are a small bit clunky, but nothing gamebreaking and it can be quite a challenge at time's, its not an easy game.

• Advertisement

RedXIV wrote: »

normally i wouldn't be excited by japanese games but "third birthday" on psp was very enjoyable as an action rpg and freedom wars reminds me a lot of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement