Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

^Killzone is another on my to get list. I've heard that its less clunky than COD.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Do I need such a thing as "a vita Card"? not to be confused with a memory card.

Also is Uncharted Golden Compass any good (I'm a big fan of the main 3 games)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Tearaway is a brilliant game that uses all the features, I'd highly recommend it. Persona 4 if you are into JRPGs.

I play a lot of indies on it, Binding of Isaac, Hotline Miami, Thomas was alone, Lone Survivor... All great games that play well on the Vita

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Cormac... wrote: »

Well, the memory cards are proprietary so they are specific cards for the Vita and they are pretty fecking expensive. I've a 16GB which is probably the least you should go for if buying one.

The Uncharted game is alright but slightly disappointing. It'll take you about 6-8 hours to finish it. Best AAA games to go for are probably Tearaway, Little Big Planet, Killzone, Wipeout, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, the Rayman games, Need for Speed and Persona 4 off the top of my head.

There's a ton of indies out there that are perfect on the Vita like Limbo, Hotline Miami, Velocity 2x, Escape Plan, Thomas was Alone, Lone Survivor and Stealth: A Clone in the Dark amongst others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    ^Killzone is another on my to get list. I've heard that its less clunky than COD.

Yeah, it actually feels like a proper fps rather than a handheld "attempt" at an fps. Definitely pick it up next!
    Cormac... wrote: »

You mean a vita "cart"? Vita games can be bought as physical cartridges or as digital downloads. Again both have pros and cons: physical carts don't use up a lot of space on a memory card (just save data usually), and are re-sellable/tradable/swappable while digitial downloads can never be lost or stolen as they are tied to your account.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

+1 for tearaway! Awesome little game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Gravity Rush is a great game. So is Rainbow Moon, tonnes of quests and exploring to do. Uncharted: Golden Abyss wasn't too bad. Soul Sacrifice is quite good aswell.

If you're a PS+ subscriber and have been purchasing all the titles out if the IGC then chances are you already have a game backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kevdub23

lads how much would I get for a mint ps vita? if I sold it on ebay?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

kevdub23 wrote: »
    lads how much would I get for a mint ps vita? if I sold it on ebay?

€150 max

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Is Akiba undead & undressed worth 15 euro

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Haven't played it but I heard good things about it,Where you getting it for that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Yes definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Haven't played it but I heard good things about it,Where you getting it for that price?

PS store

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Quick question, I've heard amazing things about persona 4 golden and it's only €12 so think now is the time to jump in. The only problem is I'm not a big fan of JRPGs but the overwhelming praise for this game is really tempting me. I only recently realised I must have bought persona 3 portable at some point because it's on my account so should I just play that first? My concern is that this deal will be gone by the time I realise I want it. Turns out I wasn't that quick, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,088 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The games are not connected they have a similar style of play but different characters and story, you don't need to play 3 to play 4, 3 however is awesome but 4 imo is better. At €12 it is an absolute steal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I'd say play persona 3 first, provided that's a free option. You'll either love it or you won't. If you love it you won't care what price persona 4 is, you'll buy it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

animaX wrote: »
    I'd say play persona 3 first, provided that's a free option. You'll either love it or you won't. If you love it you won't care what price persona 4 is, you'll buy it anyway

Good point, it'll probably go on sale down the line too. I'll play 3 now and see how I get on. Thanks for the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

In Freedom Wars, does anyone know what criteria you have to meet to get the best rating in missions?

Natural doctrine is 15 on the store too, tempted to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

tok9 wrote: »
    In Freedom Wars, does anyone know what criteria you have to meet to get the best rating in missions?

I think it's mainly time based to get the 6 star rating. The special rewards for not dying etc just result in extra items

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    Quick question, I've heard amazing things about persona 4 golden and it's only €12 so think now is the time to jump in. The only problem is I'm not a big fan of JRPGs but the overwhelming praise for this game is really tempting me. I only recently realised I must have bought persona 3 portable at some point because it's on my account so should I just play that first? My concern is that this deal will be gone by the time I realise I want it. Turns out I wasn't that quick, sorry.

I'm wondering about this too, I've never really played RPGs/Japanese games but this game seems to be everyone's favourite; is it worth the punt?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm wondering about this too, I've never really played RPGs/Japanese games but this game seems to be everyone's favourite; is it worth the punt?

In terms of RPGs there's very little better than Persona 4. When people say it's one of the greatest games of all time they aren't being hyperbolic, it really is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Persona 4 is one of the only 60 hours plus games that IMO legitimately worth playing through in its entirety. In terms of character and narrative it is many cuts above the average. The constant balancing of the game's social activities with the dungeon crawling means that grind rarely sets in, and there's a lot of variety. It helps too that the game's music and visuals are fantastic, which keeps everything ticking over. Crucially, everything comes together beautifully, meaning as a 'whole' experience there's nothing like it.

It's one of my favourite games ever, if not my favourite, and Id recommend it wholeheartedly. It addresses enough of the common concerns about JRPGs - such as repetition and generic characters / story / setting - that it's worth taking a gamble on even if you're unfamiliar or even hostile towards the genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

finished steamworld dig, v enjoyable game, tryin to get into spelunky now keep dying thou

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Spelunky is impossible...countless rage quitting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

sammyjo90 wrote: »

The Hungry Horde is good, give that a shot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

sammyjo90 wrote: »

Such a noob :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Like YOU can do any better :P

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dizzymenace

hey guys. whats the batman game like on vita any good. i was thinking about geeting a 3ds as well so should i get it for vita or 3ds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyone know much about invokers out today on vita. Apparently its a free to play moba

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement