Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Just cos its cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Virtua Tennis 4 is €20 on psn

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Otacon wrote: »
    Just cos its cool...

If we get anything near as cool as that from the playstation suite, I think it would be huge

EJ22 wrote: »
    If we get anything near as cool as that from the playstation suite, I think it would be huge

There is always hope that Sony will get hit over the head and may embrace the... no, can't finish that. You know as well as I do it will be locked down tight as a duck's ar*e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I'm not that impressed since it's just remote play but the fact that he got the gyro controls going is pretty cool.

Sony would probably be in hot water if they allowed this to happen in the finalised PS suite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Just a few quick questions lads:

Can you buy 3rd party memory cards yet?

How big of a memory card is required for the average user?

Are there any games for the Vita which can only be gotten by downloading?

Is there anything in particular that I need to look out for if I buy a second hand vita? Dead pixels etc.

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just a few quick questions lads:

Can you buy 3rd party memory cards yet?

How big of a memory card is required for the average user?

Are there any games for the Vita which can only be gotten by downloading?

Is there anything in particular that I need to look out for if I buy a second hand vita? Dead pixels etc.

Thanks in advance.

No. not yet but maybe some day

8GB well do you but if you plain on getting games from PSN 16GB is a must

Yes there is games like Super Stardust, Escape Plain and motorstorm RC are a few PSN only games

Freezing for me is the only problem i have had playing games on the vita. With the OLED you are less likely to get dead pixels on it

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

After completing 2102 laps, going over 18,170 speed pads and killing 879 openents, ive finally unlocked my first Vita platinum trophy, WIPEOUTS This is Wipeout :cool::D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

you know when you buy a new memory card,can you just log in with your psn account even though your using it on a different memory card too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

So...with Phantasy Star Online 2 coming over here, next year, with the possibility of Sega bringing over the Vita version, do you think we should start a clan of sorts when it does come over here? Hopefully, I'll have a big enough memory card by then.

• Advertisement

you know when you buy a new memory card,can you just log in with your psn account even though your using it on a different memory card too?

I have two memory cards with the same PSN on each. No problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Going to be in a car for the best part of 700km.

Got my Vita :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

So...with Phantasy Star Online 2 coming over here, next year, with the possibility of Sega bringing over the Vita version, do you think we should start a clan of sorts when it does come over here? Hopefully, I'll have a big enough memory card by then.

im in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭RedXIV

This is probably the first online Vita thing I would commit to properly. I'm totally in for this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Varik wrote: »
    Going to be in a car for the best part of 700km.

Got my Vita :)

And what will you be playing?!

animaX wrote: »
    And what will you be playing?!

An hour or 2 of Unit 13, followed by 5 hours of wishing i had a car charger.

Machinarium coming to the Vita?
    Amanita Design's lovely robot-themed adventure game, Machinarium, will occupy another beautiful screen, that of the PlayStation Vita. Machinarium's ESRB rating has been updated recently to add Vita to the list of platforms. However, designer Jakub Dvorsky told Joystiq that though Amanita would "like to bring the game to Vita," it couldn't confirm that version.

Original PC Trailer:

Would love if this were true.

ps vita got price cut on amazon its around 190 euro now

ps vita got price cut on amazon its around 190 euro now

It's £170, that's €220

Was really wishing that the PS1 BC would be in by now.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Was really wishing that the PS1 BC would be in by now.
    Same but I can't see us having it this side of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I don't want to see it until Tombi! is up to buy on the Irish PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Steam sale taking up all my attention at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Is there any dates on either Final Fantasy X or the 1.8 update that (supposedly) has the PSOne support?

Got my first Vita platinum with Lego Batman 2 - not a bad game, but the open world is really missed from the console versions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Nothing yet unfortunately. And every time I see a reply to this thread it just gets my hopes up! :(;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Barlett

Anyone know a place selling Metal Gear Solid for the Vita in Dublin, can't find it in the city centre. Would I be better off downloading it?

Barlett wrote: »
    Anyone know a place selling Metal Gear Solid for the Vita in Dublin, can't find it in the city centre. Would I be better off downloading it?
    I got mine in GameStop in northside shopping centre for €33 day of launch

If you have the room on memory card I'd say download it since your getting it slightly cheaper. Although it is roughly 3.3gb

Anyone know where in Dublin i can get a car charger for the vita, would rather a more universal USB port than limited by a cable to the vita.

Most i find seem to be only 1A, which is too low for the vita to work while charging.

Anyone been through Dublin Airport lately and had a look around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Smyths have one in stock as part of a set, it is pricey at €30, may be look on zavvi or play.com for the same thing.

http://www.toys.ie/PS-Vita-Travel-Kit-!117897-prd.aspx

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement