Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Damn I really wish I had the cash for gravity rush,are gamestop still sold out?I know there still sold out on there website anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Amazon finally dispatched my MGS copy today.

Me too - yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Got MGS for vita at there on friday with the money i got for gravity rush

Was never the biggest fan of MGS but i said for €1 euro i can't go wrong

Ok still not used the controls yet but i will say i am enjoying MGS 2 so much more on the VITA then i did on the PS2 maybe because i am nearly 10 years older playing it.

One thing for a game of its age it still looks as good as ever.

One thing i will add MGS so so hard i keep on dieing so many times LoL

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Liquid_Origin

Hi there!

I'm thinking of picking up a Vita for summer as I'm bored to tears here. There's just one thing that has been worrying me.

First and most important is the linking of PSN accounts to the Vita. I live in Europe and I made a few accounts on the PS3, with one being a US account so I could access that store. But as things panned out, I started using the US account as my primary. All my purchases however, have been on the EU account. This normally poses problems for games that I have to get DLC for as it involves a lot of switching back and forth. I've heard that you can only have one account on the vita per memory card.

My question, basically, is: Will I have issues trying to play on a NA account, when all the content (like psp/ps1 games) will be bought from the EU store? Will having to switch memory cards to switch accounts prevent me from playing the content on my NA account?

Would it be possible to switch memory cards back and forth to change accounts or does the system somehow prevent that?

Sorry if that was confusing >_>

Thanks for any help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

As far as I know, yes you can have multiple accounts with different memory cards.

I think you have to system reset the vita every time you switch cards/accounts, but it's only a small process. I plan on trying it soon with my JP account, but waiting for the PsOne classics port.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Hi there!

I'm thinking of picking up a Vita for summer as I'm bored to tears here. There's just one thing that has been worrying me.

First and most important is the linking of PSN accounts to the Vita. I live in Europe and I made a few accounts on the PS3, with one being a US account so I could access that store. But as things panned out, I started using the US account as my primary. All my purchases however, have been on the EU account. This normally poses problems for games that I have to get DLC for as it involves a lot of switching back and forth. I've heard that you can only have one account on the vita per memory card.

My question, basically, is: Will I have issues trying to play on a NA account, when all the content (like psp/ps1 games) will be bought from the EU store? Will having to switch memory cards to switch accounts prevent me from playing the content on my NA account?

Would it be possible to switch memory cards back and forth to change accounts or does the system somehow prevent that?

Sorry if that was confusing >_>

Thanks for any help!

I've posted this before but it explains everything so...

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

One thing i will add MGS so so hard i keep on dieing so many times LoL

Same here lol I don't remember dying this much when i played it on the ps2 when it was launched. Maybe i'm just getting worse at this type of game as i'm getting older ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

EJ22 wrote: »
    Same here lol I don't remember dying this much when i played it on the ps2 when it was launched. Maybe i'm just getting worse at this type of game as i'm getting older ;)

I might be in same boat. I think big part of it is that we got used to different control pattern and it's hard to get to old one once more.

I will sound like a fanboy now, but damn mgs collection is some value over 3ds snake eater... Visually, content, frame rate, price...

I might be in same boat. I think big part of it is that we got used to different control pattern and it's hard to get to old one once more.

I will sound like a fanboy now, but damn mgs collection is some value over 3ds snake eater... Visually, content, frame rate, price...

Nah I agree the games look brilliant. Ain't has this much fun in a game in a while. Even though I know what the ending is in the games, it doesn't make them any less enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Is it me or sneaking on someone fr behind and using CQC is impossible?

I feel like this playing MGS4 after peace walker. I think I was spoiled in peace walker because there was a sneaking suit which means there were no footstep sounds and you could sneak up behind enemies easier.

I end up just tranquilising from afar

• Advertisement

A the moment in MGS 2 i am at this stage
    Just after you defuse the bombs and you have 400 sec to get to the next part but i have no idea where to go any ideas ?

A the moment in MGS 2 i am at this stage
    Just after you defuse the bombs and you have 400 sec to get to the next part but i have no idea where to go any ideas ?
    Back to where you started. Head to Strut A and then to its roof. Tale the elevator there, down to the room where you came out of the water in the beginning.

Is it me or does the battery on the vita seem to go alot more while playing MGS:HD? So far i've just killed Fatman and while in flight mode all the time i've had to charge for the 3rd time. about 5 and a half hours playtime on the game save.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Sony has said today that PS Classics support will be added to Vita via the system’s version 1.8 firmware update. Although this was previously announced, this is the first time that Sony has mentioned the firmware by number.

Firmware version 1.8 firmware update was mentioned during Sony’s announcement of the PlayStation 2 Game Archives service for PlayStation 3 which hits Japan soon – the latter is already available in the US and Europe.

There is currently no date for PS Vita Firmware V1.8 other than ‘Summer’.

All Final Fantasy's (PSP/PS1) on offer tomorrow for half price. Time to buy FF7 for when Vita gets the PS1 support personally.

EJ22 wrote: »
    All Final Fantasy's (PSP/PS1) on offer tomorrow for half price. Time to buy FF7 for when Vita gets the PS1 support personally.

Get FFIX too if you don't already have it. The best FF IMO.

Otacon wrote: »
    Get FFIX too if you don't already have it. The best FF IMO.
    more than likely I will. No point passing it up at that price. Having finished 7 before 9 will have a tough time beating it to the best of the series for me but I'll enjoy it regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Been waiting for a price drop on the PSP version of IV. Finally get to play the epilogue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

GET THEM ALL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Half price final fantasy? :D:D:D gonna buy tactics, 8, 9, and possibly dissidia.

• Advertisement

FFs, I am trying to enjoy snake eater, but I can't!
    The controls are just freaking horrible! :(. I feel like Dara O'briain playing mgs4!!!
    Imposible to sneak on anything! The just hear you from a mile! Sensitivity is super high on thumb sticks. Is very hard to just walk slowly/sneak :(. Aiming with right trigger is just pain in a hole :(. No ability to remap buttons too.
    I still can't get used to any camera. Was that top overview original camera?

For the last hour I am trying to fight 8 soldiers after you meet foxy lady. I can't even kill single one, witout setting of alarms on all of them. :(. They notice you and hear you from freaking 5 miles! I for remember it being so hard and shot when I first played mgs3 on ps2 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Crouch-walking is usually quieter isn't it? Just tranquilise from afar!

The controls are just freaking horrible! :(. I feel like Dara O'briain playing mgs4!!!
    Imposible to sneak on anything! The just hear you from a mile! Sensitivity is super high on thumb sticks. Is very hard to just walk slowly/sneak :(. Aiming with right trigger is just pain in a hole :(. No ability to remap buttons too.

For the last hour I am trying to fight 8 soldiers after you meet foxy lady. I can't even kill single one, witout setting of alarms on all of them. :(. They notice you and hear you from freaking 5 miles! I for remember it being so hard and shot when I first played mgs3 on ps2 :(

Use the D-Pad to sneak. Much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Big sale on the US store as of tonight Persona 3 is $10. Anyone with a US account must get it for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Uncharted is driving me crazy with all these bounties I need to get.. I have finished the game 3 times ... On normal, hard and crushing and have yet to complete a set... Anyone any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

I find the games to be the exact same, very easy to hold up the guards and avoid detection. Loving them so far, was very surprised to find myself enjoying them after playing them to death years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Uncharted is driving me crazy with all these bounties I need to get.. I have finished the game 3 times ... On normal, hard and crushing and have yet to complete a set... Anyone any tips?

I think you just have to keep playing.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I think you just have to keep playing.

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/uncharted-golden-abyss-vita/Bounties

Just play the chapters above.

Otacon wrote: »
    Use the D-Pad to sneak. Much easier.

D pad? It swaps cemera amd do other **** random stuff... Thought if I hold left trigger it does sneak!!!

Though. I am still on same place after 20th death today I almost threw ps vita out of the window.
    Sure I can just go and kill everything with me taking **** loads of damage. I will just run in to all of them and spam "O" button, but it will be just a fail of mgs. :( I want to do it at least semi stealthy, but I can't. Camera and controls just makes want to punch kittens :(. I am really getting old FFs... Back then I would have cleared whole game...

• Advertisement

D pad? It swaps cemera amd do other **** random stuff... Thought if I hold left trigger it does sneak!!!

Though. I am still on same place after 20th death today I almost threw ps vita out of the window.
    Sure I can just go and kill everything with me taking **** loads of damage. I will just run in to all of them and spam "O" button, but it will be just a fail of mgs. :( I want to do it at least semi stealthy, but I can't. Camera and controls just makes want to punch kittens :(. I am really getting old FFs... Back then I would have cleared whole game...

In the same boot myself the amount of times i died because of the controls is countless. MY biggest problem is shooting someone i have to enter FP every time to make sure i get there head

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement