Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

caspa307 wrote: »
    The Rugby game will be the biggest flop on the Vita, it is marked at €54.99 in smyths, I can see it being €20 by August so wait it out and get Metal Gear HD instead, or anyone of the several cheap RPGs on the PSN, Persona 1,2 and 3 are available now for €40 all in. Tactics Ogre is €9.99 again, well worth this price.

have them from ages ago

or gravity rush ;)

and that lol

Gravity rush dlc might keep you ticking over for a while! Only 4 quid! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Anyone know the prices of MGS from the likes of GameStop hmv etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

EJ22 wrote: »
    Anyone know the prices of MGS from the likes of GameStop hmv etc?

gamestop are 33€ smyths is 40, xtravison is 40 and i dunno hmv lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

is it not the dlc we get free when you bought gr?

is it not the dlc we get free when you bought gr?
    No it's the spy pack not the military one. Has 2 story missions too

• Advertisement

gamestop are 33€ smyths is 40, xtravison is 40 and i dunno hmv lol

You're the best! Nice one mate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Ahh 30 seconds need to be shaved in Motorstorm RC for my 1st ever Plat, stressful stuff:p..

Should I start MGS:HD by timeline or release order? can't decide for the life of me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Should I start MGS:HD by timeline or release order? can't decide for the life of me.

timeline I guess start with the first game you'll get confused otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

timeline I guess start with the first game you'll get confused otherwise

I'd say release order, it's like if you started off star wars with the prequels ( ignoring quality) and when you hear vader reveal his big secret that you've watch 3 films about at this stage it looses some of it's appeal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Varik wrote: »
    I'd say release order, it's like if you started off star wars with the prequels ( ignoring quality) and when you hear vader reveal his big secret that you've watch 3 films about at this stage it looses some of it's appeal.

ya That's what I meant start off with the first game,what did you mean by timeline?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

When you go to start it it has 3 placed in front of 2 so I think they want you to play by timeline. Thats the way i started anyway.

Thanks for the input lads. Ended up starting MGS 2. Don't actually have MGS 1 around so gonna do 2 then 3 and then go back onto 4 on the aul PS3. Gotta say am loving the quality of the games.

oh and Sephiroth I meant timeline as in mgs 3 first cos its set in 1964, then mgs 1, mgs 2 then mgs4. But ended up going for release order so as i could appreciate the evolution of gameplay through the individual games.

Thanks for the input lads. Ended up starting MGS 2. Don't actually have MGS 1 around so gonna do 2 then 3 and then go back onto 4 on the aul PS3. Gotta say am loving the quality of the games.

oh and Sephiroth I meant timeline as in mgs 3 first cos its set in 1964, then mgs 1, mgs 2 then mgs4. But ended up going for release order so as i could appreciate the evolution of gameplay through the individual games.

Oh Ya I get ya,I should have known that having played them -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

What does it look like, hd graphics or cloudy pixels?

More high def than cloudy pixels. Obviously it's not true hd as the Vita screen isn't but it's damn beautiful. When I'm back on it later I'll take a few screenshots and post em here for ya all to see

Edit: By true hd I mean 1080p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

More high def than cloudy pixels. Obviously it's not true hd as the Vita screen isn't but it's damn beautiful. When I'm back on it later I'll take a few screenshots and post em here for ya all to see

Edit: By true hd I mean 1080p

Sorry should have put upscaled graphics rather than HD,I am picking it up in the morning, thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

mgs 3 first cos its set in 1964, then mgs 1, mgs 2 then mgs4.

You really should check out peace walker too if you haven't already. Slots in after mgs3.

animaX wrote: »
    You really should check out peace walker too if you haven't already. Slots in after mgs3.

Tbh I really want to because I've heard it's one of the best in the series but (a) I don't have a psp with cfw anymore and (b) I won't pay €20 out of psn for it. Maybe when it comes down in price I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is mgs Out on vita already?

I might pick it up forge 3 alone. I never finished it amd I heard 3ds port is horrible.

• Advertisement

Is mgs Out on vita already?

I might pick it up forge 3 alone. I never finished it amd I heard 3ds port is horrible.

Ya man it was released yesterday. Cheapest I've found is in Gamestop for €33

The monster hunter game on psn store,whats that like?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There's some region locked stuff to be aware of, or at least there was last time i checked they may have upped their game.

Edit: turns out it's worse than before, well that a lot of customer gone or maybe some more vpn business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Tbh I really want to because I've heard it's one of the best in the series but (a) I don't have a psp with cfw anymore and (b) I won't pay €20 out of psn for it. Maybe when it comes down in price I will.

It is well worth it's value at 20 euro! I've put 80 hours into it and still haven't finished every bonus mission. That's 80 hours on a metal gear game! Incredible.

Having said that, it might come down in price at some stage but I wouldn't count on it.

animaX wrote: »
    It is well worth it's value at 20 euro! I've put 80 hours into it and still haven't finished every bonus mission. That's 80 hours on a metal gear game! Incredible.

Having said that, it might come down in price at some stage but I wouldn't count on it.
    Wow that's pretty awesome actually. Hmm will have to finish MGS 2 & 3 first or the missus will kill me if I buy another game. I read that jarad in the eu blog hinted at a reduction is in the works so I'll keep waiting and if push comes to shove ill just get it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Amazon finally dispatched my MGS copy today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Trying to think what the next significant vita game is now... looks like a pretty dry summer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I got mgs collection. Started only today. I think I got really rusty at these games... Is it me or sneaking on someone fr behind and using CQC is impossible? (mgs 3 ) Every single time I tried to sneak on someone, no matter how slow or quite I was my victim would always turn around...
    I really liked CQC in mgs 1, I can't rembrandt it being so bad in 2 too... Or am I doing something wrong? Or I just better off using the tranquilliser gun?

• Advertisement

I got mgs collection. Started only today. I think I got really rusty at these games... Is it me or sneaking on someone fr behind and using CQC is impossible? (mgs 3 ) Every single time I tried to sneak on someone, no matter how slow or quite I was my victim would always turn around...
    I really liked CQC in mgs 1, I can't rembrandt it being so bad in 2 too... Or am I doing something wrong? Or I just better off using the tranquilliser gun?

I found it stupidly difficult to get a choke in on MGS2 at first, about an hour or so later of getting caught i figured it out. Think it just takes some time to get used to how the vita works with it. Stealth-rust could also be a factor though :P

how you finding it otherwise? I'm only starting the big shell part of MGS2 but I remember why these games were so damn good

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement