Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Paid almost 700 sheets for a full exhaust. Goddam UK salted roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

put a mini palestinian flag on my aerial.....gotta support the underdog. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

put a mini palestinian flag on my aerial.....gotta support the underdog. :o

WTF :confused:

WTF :confused:

eh?

You're putting flags on your car when you could be washi.....ah never mind, I'm sick of asking ya!

• Advertisement

You're putting flags on your car when you could be washi.....ah never mind, I'm sick of asking ya!

eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Carbon wrapped one of the inside door handles on the Toledo today..Gonna attack the others tomorrow.Came out quite good actually:cool:

Washed out the complete interior of the vRS as well and treated the leather.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

drove the bollox out of the V70. a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

What year is it and where are you based?
    2001 and i just found them about an hour ago. thank god, had been looking for them for over a week, and an hour ago was looking in a vase for a charger for phone, there they were, it made my day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Fiona

At the weekend I gave both my cars their winter prep for the body work and got the fan & power steering belts replaced on my E30, next stop tax for them both :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

stimpson wrote: »
    DSC_0088-1.jpg

Changed oil, filter and brake fluid. Taxed and insured.

Finally back on the road after 18 months and I've been going round like this all day -> :D

Love those cars - very underrated - pity there's so few left now !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Hoovered and polished the interior. And cleaned the mats with Autoglym Interior Shampoo

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Today I kicked my dash out of pure frustration because of a little rattle.

Just did a 2.5 hour round trip and said rattle is not to be heard :D

vectra wrote: »
    Carbon wrapped one of the inside door handles on the Toledo today..Gonna attack the others tomorrow.Came out quite good actually:cool:

Washed out the complete interior of the vRS as well and treated the leather.

This is how the handles turned out.
    Not too shabby if I say so myself :D

EFA781B82C1C40668BB29345885086AB-0000326183-0002582350-00800L-29F4FAF10C6A4509A6A9FD86754F9BA5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Looks very well! I tried to do mine and I just couldn't get the hang of the vinyl so ended up getting frustrated and bored!

Happy birthday by the way :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

This is how the handles turned out.
    Not too shabby if I say so myself :D

Noice! Where'd you get the vinyl if you don't mind me asking, looking for some myself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Get the genuine 3m di-nox stuff. The cheapo stuff peals and bubbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Hal1 wrote: »
    Get the genuine 3m di-nox stuff. The cheapo stuff peals and bubbles.

This is why I don't want to use fleabay for it, could get anything

Noice! Where'd you get the vinyl if you don't mind me asking, looking for some myself

Buddy of mine that makes vinyl stickers etc.
    He sells it by the roll or by sizes.

SpecialFx

I can PM you his Phone number if you wish

This is why I don't want to use fleabay for it, could get anything

the sellers on ebay do sell genuine di noc , there are loads of people on AON who have ordered and never got rubbish. the stuff i got has no sign of peeling etc. either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Today I got two new tyres put on my car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I removed my dash and alarm. My god that was one good alarm install, really meticulous work

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Gave my car a well deserved wash - shiny shiny :D

Mc Love wrote: »
    Gave my car a well deserved wash - shiny shiny :D

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

+1

A friend of mine actually asked if I had bought a new car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

.... Painted my towbar :rolleyes: it was bugging me.:D

d9edfbdd.jpg

Also peformed a kidney transplant ...

58b20c04.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Love them E34s!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Swapped the drivers and passengers locks because the drivers one is seized. Sealed the door panel and started work on fixing the.bumper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Yesterday and today I have began the restoration of my MGF.

So far I have sanded down and treated any rust spots on the front subframe and spare wheel well (inside and out).

First coat of rust treatment has been applied on all of this and also any other areas affected by surface rust in the front section.

I then swapped the steering wheel for a nice leather item.

I sanded down and painted the yellow metal door trims a nice shade of British racing green and assembled the door cards. They look smart now.

I then went to swap over the original seats to a nice set of TF black leather items. While the drivers seat was out I decided to pull back the carpet a bit and check the floors. All sound proofing was soaking in water and surface rust was present.

Next job is now to strip the interior :mad:

Bonnet release mechanism has now also been removed and I'm hoping to bodge a repair on the cable as it's a pain to remove.

Tell you what though, if I ever decide to sell this someone will be getting a well sorted car.

Other jobs left to do, replace wiper motor and mechanism, fix drivers window mountings, fit new set of MGF Minilite alloys, find more rust :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Good work there dude. They are the jobs that will stand to you in the end

I got the last of my interior out, just have to get the wiring loom out now and do a job on it. The car had 3 alarms over the course of it's life so it's butchered in places and needs to be repaired.

Thankfully there's not much sound deadening from stock in the ITR so that's a job I won't have to takle. I have scrapers and a blow torch ready to go now to remove the manufacturers glue. That will probably take me up till Christmas (I only really spend an hour a day at the car and I have a new arrival coming at the end of the month) After that I'll be on to the building of the car starting with seam welding, ya know the fun stuff :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement