Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Today I cleaned ever last inch of my car, using Autoglym HD wax and AutoGlym HD Cleanser for the first time.

Looks like you did a damn good job.
    Well worth it I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I assume you didn't get lost this time either? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Nearly had a fit yesterday, passed through the Drive Thru in McDonalds in Dundalk where they were spray painting the sills of the roof. Only to park up 10 minutes later and spot this:

paint3.jpg

paint2.jpg

paint4.jpg

:mad::mad:

With a combination of turpentine and tar remover, it came off after a few minutes thank the lord. Autoglym resin polish finished it nicely.

paint1.jpg

You got lucky there (or should I say, Mcdonalds did?) - I'd imagine if it didn't come off you'd be chasing them for fixing it...

This is it. Nearly freaked when i started wiping the paint the first time and it wouldn't lift a single bit of it. Just had to saturate the cloth and passing forward and back it started to break down.

The Drive Thru shouldn't have been open if it wasn't fit to handle cars safely. God only knows how many other people were got, and much worse, I was only there for 20 seconds getting coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

This is it. Nearly freaked when i started wiping the paint the first time and it wouldn't lift a single bit of it. Just had to saturate the cloth and passing forward and back it started to break down.

The Drive Thru shouldn't have been open if it wasn't fit to handle cars safely. God only knows how many other people were got, and much worse, I was only there for 20 seconds getting coffee.

I'd be p!ssed! I know I would put my b!tch cap on and march in there with an evil face :mad:

Everytime I go through the drive thru's just to get coffee the girls serving always quiz me on why dont i just go in and get it at the counter being such a small thing :confused:.

Ha ha, the lads in Dundalk are grand, seems to be a common enough thing. Its handy as hell being able to fly in and out with out having to find parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

mondeo wrote: »
    I'd be p!ssed! I know I would put my b!tch cap on and march in there with an evil face :mad:

Everytime I go through the drive thru's just to get coffee the girls serving always quiz me on why dont i just go in and get it at the counter being such a small thing :confused:.

You should tell them the next time you have no legs and the car is driven by buttons. Should shut them up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Got up early this morning and washed the car :) May give it another coat of wax in a few minutes

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Got up early this morning and washed the car :) May give it another coat of wax in a few minutes

You are not living in Cork obviously..
    Drizzling here with 2 days non stop :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Pretty sure were the 'special ones' who got all the rain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Pretty sure were the 'special ones' who got all the rain :(

Yes you were :D

With that said, we're having lovely weather here and I'm stuck in work when I'd much prefer to be out at the car with all the new Meguiars stuff I got from detailer.ie :(

It's nice as near as Tipp!? Feck sake. I got a deal so....you stay in work, I'll pop up the motorway with my meguiars stuff and wax your mps, cool? :D

LOL

Yeah that sounds great!! Cheers!

We are experiencing blue skies and sunshine here at the moment. It's a bit cool but I prefer it that way as it's perfect valeting weather as long as you find a shady area to have the car!

I'm experiencing a fan heater next to me (:D) , looking out at my back garden. It looks to have shrunk by about 50 yards though cos I can only see about 5yards of it outside the window, bloody fog :mad:

I'm experiencing a fan heater next to me (:D) , looking out at my back garden. It looks to have shrunk by about 50 yards though cos I can only see about 5yards of it outside the window, bloody fog :mad:

Don't worry about your garden, get in your Astra and come wax my car!:p

While you're at it, mine needs a clean too... :p

Feck off, he's calling to Tipp first ;)

Don't worry about your garden, get in your Astra and come wax my car!:p
    While you're at it, mine needs a clean too... :p

black cars are a bitch aint they :p ye prob only washed them a few days ago :D

I don't mind, sure isn't it on the way to Galway for him like :P

Round trip would be 440km... under half a tank of diesel sure.. (oh wait...) :pac: :p

• Advertisement

black cars are a bitch aint they :p ye prob only washed them a few days ago :D

I washed and wet-waxed mine on saturday. It was fine until I came to work on monday! :mad:

Anyway, OT - does anyone know about that "paint" you can get that sprays onto whatever you're painting and you can peel it off again whenever you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

I got 4 winter tyres on today, so it's the warmest day of the year!

Hang on..
    He could be passing through Fermoy first and mine needs a hoover and a wash as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I don't mind, sure isn't it on the way to Galway for him like :P

Round trip would be 440km... under half a tank of diesel sure.. (oh wait...) :pac: :p
    Sure if he's going that far he could take a wee run up the road to donegal and wash mine too.:p

Hmmmm Ardennes is fast becoming the south's answer to Seperate :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

He may as well set up shop doing it. Anyway, mines closer again so may as well start with that.

EPM wrote: »
    He may as well set up shop doing it. Anyway, mines closer again so may as well start with that.

Just because you're a mod doesn't mean you can bully me out of 1st place on his list! He did offer to do if for me first after all :p

boots loaded up anyway for my trip to donegal, albeit with 5 stops. dont think ill get much business though, my cars too dirty! shaggin' rain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

changed the pollen filter and wiper blades and sprayed some of that air conditioner cleaner stuff into the vents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Heres somthing I did with my friends civic coupe the past couple days. Rear bumper on this car was pretty nasty and needed to be filled and resprayed badly! I dont have an original before pic unfortunately but the filled spots on this bumper will give you an idea what it was like.

[IMG][/img]IMG_0279.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_0280.jpg

Here it is complete, spent fooking ages compounding this but it's like glass now! The rear wheel arch needs abit of work also which I am taking on when I get time:). Nice original non molested civic coupe which is going to stay original thank god. The lad that owns this car is moving to Saudi Arabia in December and is taking the car with him ;)
    [IMG][/img]IMG_0285.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement