Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Diamond cut and possibly laquered

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

^^ Correct! They don't even look lacquered but they tell me they are. Incredible work all round, not to mention the way they packed them up at no cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Very tempted to send my ST alloys off to Lepsons and get them refurbed and finished in Gun Metal Grey...

Hmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

dar83 wrote: »
    Very tempted to send my ST alloys off to Lepsons and get them refurbed and finished in Gun Metal Grey...

Hmmmm

DO IT! :D

Few more pics, before shots didn't come out at all, kerb rash was very bad on most wheels.

BEFORE:
    w2.jpg

tyre.jpg

090520126284.jpg

090520126262.jpg

AFTER:

290520126385.jpg

290520126444.jpg

290520126433.jpg

290520126411.jpg

290520126421.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

mother+of+god+meme.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

No little M badge?
    The finish on those is as good as my brand new wheels. Very nice!

Today I repainted one of my whipper arms as a test, can't really compare to that finish. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

They would've had to be removed if the wheels were being sandblasted or the like. I'm sure Voodoomelon will have them back on soon enough.

Wheels look super, may get mine sent off sometime soon to get sorted, do they do powdercoating?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

think he removed them before he sent them out! ;)

outstanding work! i think ill be using these guys next..hopefully not for a long time though! :P

Aye I took em off before shipping, bought new ones and they're back on now. Along with refreshed center caps, new bonnet and boot badge and new number plates.
    I reckon that's it all done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Fair play voodoo seems to be a truly mint car with the amount of work you are doing to it both visually and mechanically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

done a few pricking around jobs on the glanza today...

managed to fight the stereo out of demo mode, set up the stereo just how i like (your never properly settled into a car until you do that) and set it up to connect bluetooth to my phone.

topped up the brake fluid

repainted the horn which was gone tatty looking behind the grille

the dash fan operation was ****e too, so i took out the pollen filter and gave it a clean.

heres a dirty pic of it :pac:

photo0518t.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

- Removed the rear "Civic" badge
    - Gave the engine bay a quick clean. It was in a bad way. If I have time next week I will have a proper go at getting into all the little gaps
    - Tomorrow evening i'm hoping to detar and wash the car
    - And then hopefully on Friday I will be able to clay, polish and wax it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I have a sort of ghost mark of a child's hand print in the paint work of the car.

Some time ago, I remember reading advice on how to remove it, I think on this thread but now I can't find it again.

Would someone be good enough to give me advice on how I should deal with it please?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Assuming its an oil/suncream etc print in oxidised paint, easiest way would be megs paint cleaner but you will end up with a very clean panel and the rest remaining oxidised.

Megs is easy to apply so best do the whole car anyway. Will look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,413 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think you need some type of solvent to dissolve the suncream

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I think you need some type of solvent to dissolve the suncream

Compound does a good job!

Tried it, didn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Do-more wrote: »
    I have a sort of ghost mark of a child's hand print in the paint work of the car.

Some time ago, I remember reading advice on how to remove it, I think on this thread but now I can't find it again.

Would someone be good enough to give me advice on how I should deal with it please?

Have you tried using a claybar on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Decided to paint my drums and tighten my shoes in a bit :)
    Image1891.jpg
    Image194.jpg

Disc conversion someday, hopefully...

Decided to sort my lack of miles too...

Clocks changed at some stage, missing studs and screwdriver marks. Clocked anyone? :rolleyes:
    Image191.jpg

Sorted it anyway :)
    Image193.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭fanadman1

washed my carpets and door cards :) worked good i used a megs interiour brush and a small nail brush for your hands. that combned with a bottle of auto glym interiour cleaner made a very good job the carpet is like a puppys fur now :)

fanadman1 wrote: »
    washed my carpets and door cards :) worked good i used a megs interiour brush and a small nail brush for your hands. that combned with a bottle of auto glym interiour cleaner made a very good job the carpet is like a puppys fur now :)

That meguairs brush you speak of is bloody excellent indeed :D

Ironically, I used it to take puppy and dog furs out of the car above :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

dgt wrote: »
    Decided to paint my drums and tighten my shoes in a bit :)

Ah man, painted drums... :eek:

Ah man, painted drums... :eek:

They were rusty! Can't stand to see rusty drums. Would prefer discs mind you...

All part of the running theme of the car... :pac:

Paint also comes in black

That meguairs brush you speak of is bloody excellent indeed :D

Ironically, I used it to take puppy and dog furs out of the car above :pac:

the one with some yellow bristles and some gold ones ?
    its brilent to be fair i just needed the nail brush to get into the tighter spaces :P
    i accly lifted a little dog hair 2 from a day ours ran away and i had to put him in the car

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Have you seen the scratch? i posted it a while back, hardly visible.

that menzerna should take care of it, dont know why you are dissing that aldi polisher..
    because its shite..if it worked do you think the rest of us would be spending $$$$ on DAs :confused:

This. They are a buffer. No good for working polish. This is what a DA is for. Most pros will use a rotory polisher which are a step up from the DA.

You would be as well off using the menzerna by hand as using one of them cheap buffers. I know because I have one in the shed gathering dust ;)

Take a look at Eringobragh's thread where he used the DA on his MR2

because all the talk is about polishers im going to ask this would a rotory polisher be 2 hard to use to start learning on ? my father has one thats like a hitichy grinder just thought id ask befor starting with it or paying big money for a da

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

fanadman1 wrote: »
    because all the talk is about polishers im going to ask this would a rotory polisher be 2 hard to use to start learning on ? my father has one thats like a hitichy grinder just thought id ask befor starting with it or paying big money for a da

Its easier damage paintwork with a rotory than with a DA but as long as you keep it moving you will be ok. Maybe buy an old wing from a scrap yard and practice on that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

They were rusty! Can't stand to see rusty drums. Would prefer discs mind you...

All part of the running theme of the car... :pac:

No excuse. :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement