Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

544875_10151766271855176_36368206_n.jpg
    544875_10151766271880176_586320694_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

sean1141 wrote: »
    That's not worth a can of cat piss!! You will need a dual action polisher to remove light scratches and swirl marks. If the scratch is deep which most key marks are you will need to touch it in with paint. If you can feel the scratch with the tip of your finger nail it won't polish out!

What do you make of the Mantis scratch repair pen?? I'm highly skeptical about it. Even though it's only a tenner, I still wouldn't buy it until I've seen or heard proof that it works and works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

What do you make of the Mantis scratch repair pen?? I'm highly skeptical about it. Even though it's only a tenner, I still wouldn't buy it until I've seen or heard proof that it works and works well.

I seen one of them being advertised in B&Q one day. Same as yourself I wouldnt buy it. I think its only lacquer in a pen. There is a few scratches on the mothers car. Might get her to buy it and tru it out on the micra!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Im interested to hear about this too please??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Apart from typing this and uploading pics, most of my time is being spent outside! :cool:

So yesterdays activity was changing a wonkey engine mount...
    Image16210.jpg

This was a right cúnt to get out, as everything was caked in muck and seized :mad:
    Image1648.jpg

And there's my problem... Anyone see it?
    Image16610.jpg

All back together, smoooooth :cool:

Think this is a good colour for the callipers on this car?
    Image16810.jpg

Need painting anyway!

So onto today and we have this to play with
    Image17010.jpg

First was to cut the weeds around it, which grew about 2 ft in a week :rolleyes:
    Image17110.jpg

Next was to see if it would start...
    Image1722.jpg

It didn't. Left me baffled as I'd driven it into that spot :confused: turns out the tank was dry!

So about 15mins later, petrol in the tank and it fired up like it was stopped 5 mins ago :D

Clutch wasn't stuck either so I relocated it!
    Image17610.jpg

So after lunch, back out I go... ;)

• Advertisement

I think this is the closest BW is going to get if he wants a build thread for his new car :pac:

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Punto Sporting in Yellow! I couldnt find a clean one when I was looking for a car last year. Went for a 156 in the end but I would have preferred a Punto.

It's not a perfect one either :( I've done my best to restore it to former glory though :)

For example, the 6 speed box that came with the car had 2nd and 3rd gear syncros smashed and at the time I didn't have a 6 speed to stick into it... One conveniently appeared at the right price when I had it driving again! :mad:

We also had a mk1 Punto Sporting in yellow too, quite fast as it had a broken catalyst! It had a sad ending though
    20653_104240199595437_7711039_n.jpg

Infact both those cars had a very very sad ending! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

That's some play ground you have there with lots of nice toys :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Today for the first time in my life i paid tax for my car :D Feels quite an achievement but also feels empty pocket :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

arleitiss wrote: »
    Today for the first time in my life i paid tax for my car :D Feels quite an achievement but also feels empty pocket :(

I know that feeling :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I threw some water on my car today, I'VE GOT BEADS! :D

Was half thinking of painting my callipers too, not sure what colour would look right on the car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The 5 speed is soft too though, I reckon it's the rarity and the fact that that the sporting models tend to be driven hard means finding a good one is very hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I think this is the closest BW is going to get if he wants a build thread for his new car :pac:

I have to fix homer yet, Been made busy farming and tractor driving. :)

CianRyan wrote: »
    Was half thinking of painting my callipers too, not sure what colour would look right on the car though.

Black or silver. No red!!!!

The 6 speeds boxes are known to be soft arent they? I have seen that the guys in the UK tend to put the 5 speed box in them from a non-sporting Punto.

People say that about he 6 speed but when I had the 6 speed in the van it was very smooth and no clonking between gear changes. I guess it depends on how the car was driven and maintained...
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    The 5 speed is soft too though, I reckon it's the rarity and the fact that that the sporting models tend to be driven hard means finding a good one is very hard

Its not necessarily the box but the earlier boxes had diffs that came apart as they were assembled with... Glue :rolleyes: The later boxes from the Stilo and later mk2 Puntos had proper diffs assembled with bolts so they're pretty robust :)

Back to the Sporting, front is on, pics later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Today I treated Saabrina to a new headlight bulb and a pair of wiper blades.

This thread makes me feel so inadequate :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Put in a cabin air filter after a few trips to the beach :)
    Going to the mechanic for a new clutch on Monday because its getting 0-60 in 2 mins now :D
    Then going to give it an extreme interior clean and possibly give a big paint chip a good laquer and spray.

@dgt- Im just wondering why you have the plates of the 2 mk1 Punto regs bluird out, Where you didnt do it with the 406. Ya I know I notice these things. :D

@dgt- Im just wondering why you have the plates of the 2 mk1 Punto regs bluird out, Where you didnt do it with the 406. Ya I know I notice these things. :D

My guess is that the photo was taken a good while ago long before he got the Peugeot :D

Both of those were my dads cars not mine hence the blurring of plates :)

So more progress on the Punto...
    Image177.jpg

We have a centre console and rear bench :)
    Image178.jpg

Headlights
    Image179.jpg

And the mystery pipe :pac:
    Image180.jpg

More pics later! :D

• Advertisement

Black or silver. No red!!!!

But red callipers gives you + 25KW's! :p

Yeah, I'm thorn between black and silver.
    Not sure if it says Nissan on them, if it does, I might go black with the writing in silver/vissa versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

i remember in 02 my sister wanted a Blue Punto, but that was only on the sporting model, so see ended up getting a Black "Active". Colour coded bumpers etc.

Bought it new, kept it for 9 years and 44k miles.

3 services :P

Yesterday I cleaned and waxed:
    6b193c54a68e11e181bd12313817987b_7.jpg

And today I put stickers on it, not to every one's taste but I'm happy. :)
    2184560aa68e11e192e91231381b3d7a_7.jpg
    948449eaa68d11e1bf341231380f8a12_7.jpg
    3b435966a68d11e1b00112313800c5e4_7.jpg

My company for the day.
    482a0b80a68c11e19e4a12313813ffc0_7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Thats a seriously clean Almera. I really should of got one of them instead of the N16.

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Thats a seriously clean Almera. I really should of got one of them instead of the N16.

It needs a few bits of trim and some paint correction and some one dragged a key across the bonnet. :(
    Other than that it's sweet. I've always like N15's more than N16's, the latter looking like a soccor mom's car. :p.

@dtg- Ah right. :) I was just confused as the cars are gone as you said, And the plates are blured. Now I get it though. :)

@CianRyan- I can make you a JDM homer thingy. :pac:

What are you planning to do with the Sporting when your finished?

He is selling it to another member of boards.

@CianRyan- I can make you a JDM homer thingy. :pac:

That's alright, thanks.
    If anything goes there it's a Pokèball or another Domo. :D

That's alright, thanks.
    If anything goes there it's a Pokèball or another Domo. :D

Are you sure? You dont know what your missing out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

should of when for the 'classic' cian, the good oul shocker!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement