Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I can see Cork winning this one by 5 or 6. As commented, Canty at 6 and Shields starting makes our defence look a lot better. As for our forwards, they will surely enjoy alot of posession in the wide open spaces of Croker and will make enough progress over the 70 odd mins to make it count. I'm not expecting as tight a game as last September as I think Down peaked for that. Neither team will peak on Saturday but Cork's overall strength and experience I think will see us through. There is no doubt Down will put it up to us but I cannot see them beating us unless we have a sending off or someting - here's hoping!!!!
    Hope your right with your prediction ShamoBuc! This round last year was the game against Limerick in the Gaelic Grounds and what a nervy tight game that turned out to be! I was standing in the sitting room watching extra time roaring at the telly trying to get the rebels over the winning line:D!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Hope your right with your prediction ShamoBuc! This round last year was the game against Limerick in the Gaelic Grounds and what a nervy tight game that turned out to be! I was standing in the sitting room watching extra time roaring at the telly trying to get the rebels over the winning line:D!

LOL...SO WAS I !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly felt that (once we got through) that this was our year. We really should have lost that one but I think it was the makings of Sam returning - Down knocking Kerry out probably helped but I would love a crack off Kerry in Croke Park this year - if someone knocks them out in the meantime, I won't be too disappointed though;)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭crebel81

Lads, we could have done with yer support that night against Limerick - poor turn out that nite at the gaelic grounds

I think we should be fearful of down. Seen highlights of their game at the weekend and they looked like a team with momentum. Since sheehan and murphy have been ruled out for Cork, I believe the suggestion that we have strenghth in depth maybe a bit over optimistic. However, Cork on their day are a hard team to beat, and if that is the team that turns up we should get over the line.

Not too sure about Canty. What a legend, but unsure a s to whether he has the legs for a big wide open space like croker

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

crebel81 wrote: »
    Lads, we could have done with yer support that night against Limerick - poor turn out that nite at the gaelic grounds

I think we should be fearful of down. Seen highlights of their game at the weekend and they looked like a team with momentum. Since sheehan and murphy have been ruled out for Cork, I believe the suggestion that we have strenghth in depth maybe a bit over optimistic. However, Cork on their day are a hard team to beat, and if that is the team that turns up we should get over the line.

Not too sure about Canty. What a legend, but unsure a s to whether he has the legs for a big wide open space like croker

Fair comment. I was supposed to travel with the bro but something came up, he also said that there was a poor turn out that night.

As for Canty I reckon if he starts at centre back he'll be ok. He can read the game well and appears in the right spot more often than not, I wouldn't be too worried about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Was unemployed last summer so didn't make any of the games. Going on holidays Saturday so will be cheering them on Saturday evening with a pint to calm my nerves!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Carthy303

I'd definitely be happier with Canty at 6 rather than at 3.You only have to look at the two halves in Killarney to see why.Also think Shields best position is 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Down will require total respect...I have bad feeling about it, but if Cork do play well it should be enough with few points to spare...

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭crebel81

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Fair comment. I was supposed to travel with the bro but something came up, he also said that there was a poor turn out that night.

As for Canty I reckon if he starts at centre back he'll be ok. He can read the game well and appears in the right spot more often than not, I wouldn't be too worried about him.

Dont worry lads, ive missed games in my time too

I hope Canty has a good game, because he is a great player...lets hope conor gets the match ups right :)

Dont worry lads, ive missed games in my time too

I hope Canty has a good game, because he is a great player...lets hope conor gets the match ups right :)

I've missed plenty but I normally travel with the bro - who went to every football championship match last year. He felt last year was going to be our year and wasn't going to miss a single game - to be fair he said the same the year before!! Being around a pool fan so long must be rubbing off:D

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Why not drop Canty and Jamie ? Bring in Cadogan and Cotter have Shields at full back I am a big Canty fan but I have to admit his legs are slowing down, and would fear for him in Croke park, but a great impact sub to come on.

Is Anthony Lynch still on the panel or where has he gone ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    Why not drop Canty and Jamie ? Bring in Cadogan and Cotter have Shields at full back I am a big Canty fan but I have to admit his legs are slowing down, and would fear for him in Croke park, but a great impact sub to come on.

Cads and Cotter will start, I'd imagine for Kissane and Jamie Sul.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭thefa

Cotter, Shields, Cadogan, O'Leary, Canty & Miskella to start.

Lynch is on the extended/training panel afaik but doesn't make the match day panel.

thefa wrote: »
    Cotter, Shields, Cadogan, O'Leary, Canty & Miskella to start.

Lynch is on the extended/training panel afaik but doesn't make the match day panel.

Much happier looking at that starting lineup.

Anybody see the artice by Terry Reilly in todays sports pullout in The Examiner.Joe Brolly has labelled Cork Football as primitive and Graham Canty as overrated.He also compared us to a rugby league team and says we "bludgeoned and bored" our way through every game last year.He then goes on to say that Cork are a "dumb" team.Just what has this guy got against Southern Teams and in particular Cork?He'd want to take a look at the typical Ulster style of football before he goes calling anybody primitive.

Carthy303 wrote: »
    Anybody see the artice by Terry Reilly in todays sports pullout in The Examiner.Joe Brolly has labelled Cork Football as primitive and Graham Canty as overrated.He also compared us to a rugby league team and says we "bludgeoned and bored" our way through every game last year.He then goes on to say that Cork are a "dumb" team.Just what has this guy got against Southern Teams and in particular Cork?He'd want to take a look at the typical Ulster style of football before he goes calling anybody primitive.

I can't print here what I think of joe brolly. But lets just say I would imagine that article has been posted in the cork dressing room wall today, no doubt conor will be using that as a motivational tool. But brolly is a know all, sel opiniated thinks he knows it all, he was lucky to win his one and only all ireland medal.

I can't print here what I think of joe brolly. But lets just say I would imagine that article has been posted in the cork dressing room wall today, no doubt conor will be using that as a motivational tool. But brolly is a know all, sel opiniated thinks he knows it all, he was lucky to win his one and only all ireland medal.

Ya I didn't think it would be wise to print my opinion of him either to be honest.He makes my blood boil.Lets just hope we show him up for what he really is and get a good win today.

Makes my blood boil also believe you me. How dare he slam a great player like graham canty the way he did. Maybe he is jealous of what graham has achieved in his career so far comprared to himself.

Makes my blood boil also believe you me. How dare he slam a great player like graham canty the way he did. Maybe he is jealous of what graham has achieved in his career so far comprared to himself.

He actualy said he lacks the skill of the Kerry players.I could go on all day giving out about him but to be honest I've better things to be doing,like watching paint dry.

Joe Brolly is a ...........( insert copious amounts of derogatory names) and then add some more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Charledontsurf

Brolly hates every team south of Donegal. I'm surprised he had 'a friend' in Kerry to text.

• Advertisement

Brolly hates every team south of Donegal. I'm surprised he had 'a friend' in Kerry to text.

Ya I reckon he just lied about that.Nothing new there sure.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Canty not starting - Cadogen on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

Cadogen strengthens ye're team if anything. I think he's the pick of the Cork backs along with Shields when you weigh up football ability and physique. Think both o those are on a different level to O'Leary, Kissane, Miskella. They are quick, strong and unfussy with the ball. They let it go quick to where it needs to go. Alot of the other Cork backs often look unsuccessfully for their own score or solo needlessly and turn and pass backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

who scored the goal for cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Any updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭RodVelvet

who scored the goal for cork?
    Donnacha O Connor got the goal.

Cork 1-5 Down 0-7

Gouldings gone off.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Cork 2-6 Down 0-7 - great pass from Goulding to O Connor for the goal

Goulding has had to go off injured - looks like an ankle problem

edit - goal for Cork, Fintan Gould

Fintan Gould goal 2-6 to 0-7

• Advertisement

http://tykestv.eu/channel1.php is broadcasting it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement