Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭sendit

I think whats crazy is 32 senior clubs when in reality only 20 max can be considereded anywhere near senior standard, the stipulations re. age and not been part of any other Tipp panel were actually imposed by our own county board so as to give the effect that the Tipp intermediate team would become a development squad for the senior panel, for those not quite ready at 21.

Ya 32 teams makes no since what so ever. I mean there not even that many in the All Irleand Hurling Championship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

A great win for the under 21 hurlers tonight after the gloom and doom of the seniors. Personally I thought the 3 Duhallow representatives Egan,Ellis and Walsh played very well.

Congratulations must go to team manager Ger Fitzgerald who had the team prepared so well,a man who in his heyday gave 100% heart and commitment to Cork hurlers as a player and also served as a selector on the senior team under Gerald McCarthy.

While it was a brilliant win tonight for the Under 21's no silverware has been won yet and they face tough opposition in the final against either Clare or Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Rebel Fan

Sorry Rebel, I did not say that try sticking to the facts, you claimed he would walk on to any senior team in the country which of course I laughed at as it is a redicilous claim, he was excellent if not a little errant tonight, but trust me them 6 backs from Tipp wouldnt get anywhere near a senior team.

Do you think he should've played against Galway last week? Personally I think yes he would have made a big difference, Galway half back line cleaned up last week. However with the player power we have in the seniors and the weak management he was never going to get a sniff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Aiden Walsh has already said he has no interest in playing senior hurling for Cork whilst still U-21, so at least get your facts correct.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Fantastic result last night - a nice boost given last weekends emphatically crap performance from the seniors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Carthy303

Orizio wrote: »
    Aiden Walsh has already said he has no interest in playing senior hurling for Cork whilst still U-21, so at least get your facts correct.

Correct and right.He was going to play senior hurling this year but reversed the decision because he had another year left u21.

Massive result for Cork hurling last night but we musn't get carried away.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Apparently a very exciting match down in Sars tonight.
    Bishopstown V Bride Rovers in the senior hurling championship.
    Bride scored 3 late points to bring it to ET- Bride 2-09 Bishopstown 0-15.
    Ht in ET Bride 2-15 V 1-16
    ft aet 2-15 v 1-18 !!

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Apparently a very exciting match down in Sars tonight.
    Bishopstown V Bride Rovers in the senior hurling championship.
    Bride scored 3 late points to bring it to ET- Bride 2-09 Bishopstown 0-15.
    Ht in ET Bride 2-15 V 1-16
    ft aet 2-15 v 1-18 !!

Sounds like a great game..badly needed too..SHC has been fairly lacklustre so far bar the odd game!

I was aware of that, I was just talking hypothetically. Agree with the last poster, a great result and nice to get one over Tipp especially after we had the game in the bag and lost after extra time last year. It is a pity he didn't play last week, for a few years our half forwards were not renowned for their ball winning skills. It was a breath of fresh air to see him picking balls out of the sky, although his shooting let him down a bit, great goal though in the 2nd half.
    Onto the football now, Down won tonight so it sets up a re-match of the final last year. My wife and son (Down fanatics!!!) were at the game, Down didn't play that well but still won with a bit to spare. I must admit to being a little apprehensive about the game next week, though hopefully we'll come through it. Anybody know when and where it'll be played? Must get onto my divorce lawyer again, if it's anything like last year I'll be in the bad books again for a while!!!

Rebel Fan wrote: »
    I was aware of that, I was just talking hypothetically. Agree with the last poster, a great result and nice to get one over Tipp especially after we had the game in the bag and lost after extra time last year. It is a pity he didn't play last week, for a few years our half forwards were not renowned for their ball winning skills. It was a breath of fresh air to see him picking balls out of the sky, although his shooting let him down a bit, great goal though in the 2nd half.
    Onto the football now, Down won tonight so it sets up a re-match of the final last year. My wife and son (Down fanatics!!!) were at the game, Down didn't play that well but still won with a bit to spare. I must admit to being a little apprehensive about the game next week, though hopefully we'll come through it. Anybody know when and where it'll be played? Must get onto my divorce lawyer again, if it's anything like last year I'll be in the bad books again for a while!!!

My guess is Cork/Down will be played in Portlaois?Cant think of anywhere else it could be played to be honest.Its fixed for next Saturday evening at 7pm as far as I know.Will be confirmed Monday/Tuesday by the CCC anyway!

• Advertisement

Actually I just realised that theres a possible double header in Croker on the cards!

Cork V Down
    Kildare V Donegal/Derry Losers

Carthy303 wrote: »
    Actually I just realised that theres a possible double header in Croker on the cards!

Cork V Down
    Kildare V Donegal/Derry Losers

Yea, alot of folk up here reckon the same, I don't think there's any games in Croke Park on Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭moomoocow

Link or apologise to a Cork Hurling legend.

Oh ya because Sean Og cant do any wrong can he? Its funny people on hear were saying Gerald McCarthy training wasn't up to it etc based on what they heard from people yet had nothing to back it up so hows it what people have heard about Sean Og any different?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

moomoocow wrote: »
    Oh ya because Sean Og cant do any wrong can he? Its funny people on hear were saying Gerald McCarthy training wasn't up to it etc based on what they heard from people yet had nothing to back it up so hows it what people have heard about Sean Og any different?

:pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭longpuck

:pac::pac::pac:

I dont see whats so funny about that. A question was asked and thats the best answer you could give?

Good win for the Cork Under 21's Friday night

longpuck wrote: »
    I dont see whats so funny about that. A question was asked and thats the best answer you could give?

The horrible grammar was pretty funny, lets be fair. Also the question was loaded, if you didn't notice.

The horrible grammar was pretty funny, lets be fair. Also the question was loaded, if you didn't notice.

Why is it when someone doesn't want to answer a question they always point out bad grammar?

No i didn't notice but i did notice no one gave an answer to it.

But you being a Moderator you dont have to i suppose....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

I'd have to agree here, if what he's saying is so ridiculous why don't you just refute it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

But you being a Moderator you dont have to i suppose....

He's not a mod in this forum, mods are normal users in forums where they don't mod, even where they do mod they are only normal users with a few extra buttons to click.

If a user doesn't want to answer a question, they don't have to. If a user has a problem with a post, they can report it

• Advertisement

Clareman wrote: »
    He's not a mod in this forum, mods are normal users in forums where they don't mod, even where they do mod they are only normal users with a few extra buttons to click.

If a user doesn't want to answer a question, they don't have to. If a user has a problem with a post, they can report it

The only promlem i have is why comment if your not going to give an answer?

The only promlem i have is why comment if your not going to give an answer?

The comment and post was bitter. The question was loaded and impossible to answer. Very simple to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SigersonCup

I was down in Midleton last night. They were playing Na Piarsaighs in the League.

Piarsaighs beat them by around 6/7 points. From what I saw last night Piarsaighs will give Sars a good run in the Championship.

The only player that Midleton were missing was Conor Lehane and Luke Farrell also went off after around 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

That's a huge "only" for Midleton. Were Tom Wallis, Seamus O Farrell and Killian Burke playing?

gpf101 wrote: »
    That's a huge "only" for Midleton. Were Tom Wallis, Seamus O Farrell and Killian Burke playing?

Yes, they were the only 2 missing. Jamie Nagle played aswell and was shocking. It amazes me that he's on the Cork Senior Panel.

Aswell, Piarsaighs were missing John Gardiner and Robert Healy(probably their best man-marker and half back.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Ya Midleton really don't seem to be going well at all this year. Lehane in top form would be a good tonic for them though and they don't have the worst draw, they could still push on. Nagle was good for the U21's last Friday but I haven't really seen Cork senior form from him. He's not for writing off yet though.

How did Haughney play?

gpf101 wrote: »
    Ya Midleton really don't seem to be going well at all this year. Lehane in top form would be a good tonic for them though and they don't have the worst draw, they could still push on. Nagle was good for the U21's last Friday but I haven't really seen Cork senior form from him. He's not for writing off yet though.

How did Haughney play?

I would say he got around 2 points, got a lot of ball but had a few bad wide's.

Midleton will be fine, don't worry about them. League matches are largely beside the point and Na Piarsigh won't have as strong a first 15 as Midleton when it comes to championship.

Midleton will be fine, don't worry about them. League matches are largely beside the point and Na Piarsigh won't have as strong a first 15 as Midleton when it comes to championship.

We'll see. I guarantee you that if they met in the Championship, which they won't because the Glen(as bad as they are) will beat Midleton easily.

There's a load of hype about Midleton and they've done nothing to prove it.

• Advertisement

The Glen and Midleton are far superior to Na Piarsigh, and the hype surrounding Midleton comes from the fact that they have by far the strongest underage set up in the county along with a lot of the counties best prospects.

I can't help but notice you haven't bothered to return to the U-21 thread on proc after Friday night's victory btw.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement