Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Very happy with the draw tonight, it should set up a crack at Kerry in the semis - both should qualify.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Some senior hurling scores...

Ballymartyle beat the Barrs 1-16 v 1-12

Bride beat Bishopstown in the replay 2-10 v 0-11

Sars beat Na Piarsaigh 2-14 v 0-18

Apparently Piarsaighs left it behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Hard to say they left it behind them because Sars looked like they had a bit in the locker but it certainly wouldn't have been against the run of play if Piarsaighs won.

gpf101 wrote: »
    Hard to say they left it behind them because Sars looked like they had a bit in the locker but it certainly wouldn't have been against the run of play if Piarsaighs won.

I wasn't at it but the brother was. He says it was a cracker of a game but Piarsaighs wides total was a bit high but in general play they could well have won it.
    Sars have had a few long runs in the championship in recent years and are fairly well hardened despite having alot of youngsters in the panel. They will undoubtedly be hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

It was a great game alright. The worst part of it was the ref being extremely whistle happy. Piarsaighs will be sore tonight and rightly so but Sars looked relatively comfortable to me for most of the game. They'll be hard to beat alright.

• Advertisement

gpf101 wrote: »
    It was a great game alright. The worst part of it was the ref being extremely whistle happy. Piarsaighs will be sore tonight and rightly so but Sars looked relatively comfortable to me for most of the game. They'll be hard to beat alright.

When will they ever learn;)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Carthy303

sendit wrote: »
    :pac::pac:
    Are you going to follow that up with a statement or just continue to be childish?

Carthy303 wrote: »
    Are you going to follow that up with a statement or just continue to be childish?

I think you already know the answer to that;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭sendit

Already did but cleary you didnlt like it, bit like Tony on the Sunday Game didn't want to answer the questions he didn't like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Already did but cleary you didnlt like it, bit like Tony on the Sunday Game didn't want to answer the questions he didn't like

show some respect to the all ireland and national league champions sendit;)

• Advertisement

BERBA wrote: »
    show some respect to the all ireland and national league champions sendit;)

Id better or Tony will be after me :pac:

Brolly was the one who wouldnt answer questions he didnt like.Picked holes in Cork by questioning the shooting prowess of half backs and midfielders.When asked to name better scoring half backs he just brushed aside the question and left that plug Cahill come to his rescue.Obviously the Kerry thread is poor given you spend so much time mouthing off on this!

I find it funny it says he doesn't go down, remember the Munster Final went down fairly easy that day but once he seen a card was given he was up very fast. But then again poor old Noel has never done anything to anyone now has he?

Ill have to leave my studs in on you sometime like Donaghy did that day and lets see you stay standing then!

Brolly was the one who wouldnt answer questions he didnt like.Picked holes in Cork by questioning the shooting prowess of half backs and midfielders.When asked to name better scoring half backs he just brushed aside the question and left that plug Cahill come to his rescue.Obviously the Kerry thread is poor given you spend so much time mouthing off on this!

And what answer did Tony give when he was asked will Cork beat Kerry if they play again?

Are you saying so that the points Brolly made weren't true?

Ill have to leave my studs in on you sometime like Donaghy did that day and lets see you stay standing then!

He jumped up farily fast after Donaghy got booked or did you miss that? As always im sure poor Noel did nothing out of the way before that....

And what answer did Tony give when he was asked will Cork beat Kerry if they play again?

Are you saying so that the points Brolly made weren't true?

Name a half back line that has scored more than Corks over the past few seasons so?And even if you can,it shouldnt be the basis of your judgement of a TEAM.So jog on back to the Kerry thread will ya!

He jumped up farily fast after Donaghy got booked or did you miss that? As always im sure poor Noel did nothing out of the way before that....
    Kerry players are experts at getting other fellas booked.Gooch Cooper pinning Denis O' Sull to the ground and Denis still getting booked springs to mine!And I never proclaimed Noel to be an innocent boy at all so your point is pointless!

Name a half back line that has scored more than Corks over the past few seasons so?And even if you can,it shouldnt be the basis of your judgement of a TEAM.So jog on back to the Kerry thread will ya!

Tyrone Kerry would be up there.

There we go again not waiting to face facts.

Some of the points he made

Cork have never beat Kerry when i mattered.

Cork can dominate possession around the middle yet this is not reflected on the scoreboard.

Numbers 5 to 9 get more ball then most but also waste alot of it they had clips from the last game that showed it.

Tony Davies said that Cork are missing alot of players at the moment then Brolly said they weren't missing in the times they played Kerry

Kerry players are experts at getting other fellas booked.Gooch Cooper pinning Denis O' Sull to the ground and Denis still getting booked springs to mine!And I never proclaimed Noel to be an innocent boy at all so your point is pointless!

Was that when Denis O Sullvin was holding on to Goochs shorts wile he was getting back up? Funny you didn't see that eather....

Tyrone Kerry would be up there.

There we go again not waiting to face facts.

Some of the points he made

Cork have never beat Kerry when i mattered.

Cork can dominate possession around the middle yet this is not reflected on the scoreboard.

Numbers 5 to 9 get more ball then most but also waste alot of it they had clips from the last game that showed it.

Tony Davies said that Cork are missing alot of players at the moment then Brolly said they weren't missing in the times they played Kerry

Cork and Kerry always matters and Cork have beaten them before.FACT!

Corks domination around the middle is reflected on the scoreboard..They win games dont they?FACT!

5 to 9 could be argued as Corks strongest sector!FACT!

Ciaran Sheehan was taken off lot long into the 2nd half and Colm O' Neill didn't play,or Nicholas Murphy!FACT!

Did I miss anything?

• Advertisement

Cork and Kerry always matters and Cork have beaten them before.FACT!

Corks domination around the middle is reflected on the scoreboard..They win games dont they?FACT!

5 to 9 could be argued as Corks strongest sector!FACT!

Ciaran Sheehan was taken off lot long into the 2nd half and Colm O' Neill didn't play,or Nicholas Murphy!FACT!

Did I miss anything?

When have they beat them in Croke Park?

Ya but just about great team show there domination on the scoreboard do they not?

Ciaran Sheehan and Nicholas Murphy were playing when Cork played Kerry last year were they not? who won that game?

Nicholas Murphy also played in the 07 and 09 All Ireland finals aswell as the semis in 2002, 05, 06 and 08 and who won them games?

When have they beat them in Croke Park?

Ya but just about great team show there domination on the scoreboard do they not?

Ciaran Sheehan and Nicholas Murphy were playing when Cork played Kerry last year were they not? who won that game?

Nicholas Murphy also played in the 07 and 09 All Ireland finals aswell as the semis in 2002, 05, 06 and 08 and who won them games?

Its well known that between '02 and '08 was a bad period for Cork football so Kerry beating Cork then was no big achievement.

Great teams win games in a number of ways.Dominating the scoreboard isn't the end all and be all if you win an All-Ireland,which Cork have,just in case you forgot!

Its well known that between '02 and '08 was a bad period for Cork football so Kerry beating Cork then was no big achievement.

Great teams win games in a number of ways.Dominating the scoreboard isn't the end all and be all if you win an All-Ireland,which Cork have,just in case you forgot!

What about 09 & 10? What was yer excuse then?

Yes i know they did but one thing i dont understand when Kerry hammered Mayo and Cork in All Irelands and didn't beat Tyrone or another Ulster team is was a soft All Ireland but why did no one say Corks All Ireland was soft last year since they didn't beat Kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Cork Fans

Just ignore some these Kerry fans that sprout **** as all they want is reaction in here.. Sad but hey its summer holidays they nothing else to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Yes i know they did but one thing i dont understand when Kerry hammered Mayo and Cork in All Irelands and didn't beat Tyrone or another Ulster team is was a soft All Ireland but why did no one say Corks All Ireland was soft last year since they didn't beat Kerry?

We beat Tyrone in 2009, Down in 2010 and 2011. When did Kerry beat Down? NEVER! When did the Kerry team of the last decade beat Tyrone? NEVER!

The day is getting nearer for Cork to beat Kerry in Croke Park. Since 2008 there hasn't been much between the sides.

Corks could hardly be called soft.Played Kerry twice.Alright had an easy game against Cavan.Had to travel to Wexford and Limerick.Probably could have got a tougher draw than Roscommon.Dublin in the semi wasnt a soft game.In the final we beat the team that knocked out Kerry,and Down were a good side last year,I don't care what anyone says!

Cork Fans

Just ignore some these Kerry fans that sprout **** as all they want is reaction in here.. Sad but hey its summer holidays they nothing else to do.

What s*** would that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Sendit do us all a favour and keep out of the Cork thread, you love stirring sh*t.

teednab-el wrote: »
    We beat Tyrone in 2009, Down in 2010 and 2011. When did Kerry beat Down? NEVER! When did the Kerry team of the last decade beat Tyrone? NEVER!

The day is getting nearer for Cork to beat Kerry in Croke Park. Since 2008 there hasn't been much between the sides.

I was talking about when they played Kerry not anyother team! They may not have beat Tyrone but who won mone in the last decade?

No answer to the soft All Ireland question i see...

• Advertisement

I was talking about when they played Kerry not anyother team! They may not have beat Tyrone but who won mone in the last decade?

No answer to the soft All Ireland question i see...

Selective reading there..I answered but clearly you're ignoring it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement