Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭sendit

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Stopped reading there to be honest;)

Surprise surprise.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,348 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

sendit wrote: »
    Surprise surprise.....

Yeah, someone believing what Brolly has to say.... very surprising indeed;)

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Yeah, someone believing what Brolly has to say.... very surprising indeed;)

Fact is Canty is not a skillfuly player as much as you might like to think he is and his strengths are his physique & athleticism witch are not skills and thats what Brolly says is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Bogsnorkler

Fact is Canty is not a skillfuly player as much as you might like to think he is and his strengths are his physique & athleticism witch are not skills and thats what Brolly says is it not?

He is implying that Canty is a player who wouldn't be up to Kerry standards. Which in my opinion is bollox, he has been one of the best defenders in the country for the past decade and if he was a Kerryman i'm certain he'd have found a place on the team.

He is implying that Canty is a player who wouldn't be up to Kerry standards. Which in my opinion is bollox, he has been one of the best defenders in the country for the past decade and if he was a Kerryman i'm certain he'd have found a place on the team.

He is by no means a good defender at all the Munster Final being a prime example, hes grand when hes center back and can come forward and doesn't have to mark anyone in the same way as Tomas o Se is not a great defender but he great at coming forward with the ball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Hes a graet man to drive a team on but not as good a player as people make him out to be
    [/COLOR][/LEFT]

Not a good player eh ? He has only won 4 munsters, 2 national leagues, 1 all ireland, 3 all stars, been captain of his Country.............

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭crebel81

Show Time wrote: »
    Brolly is a p***k and everyone now knows that the GAA up north is a jokeshop for the rest of the country.

I am a Cork man and to hear what you just said in bold is a jokeshop

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    Not a good player eh ? He has only won 4 munsters, 2 national leagues, 1 all ireland, 3 all stars, been captain of his Country.............

Where did i say he was a bad player? I said hes not as good as people make him out to be.

Yes hes won that but John Galvin whos a better player then Canty has only ever won a Div 4 league medal. The likes of Mattie Foard, Declan Browne and others also never won anything and there were better players then him aswell

Barry O'Driscoll has a broken jaw, yet another injury

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Rebel Fan

Lads the criticism of Canty may be justifiable after his first half performance in Killarney, but to call him over-rated is ridiculous, he steadied the ship in the 2nd half when moved out to his proper position. He has been our leader for the last 5 or 6 years and to see him lift Sam last September was a fantastic moment in Cork GAA. Joe Brolly is a muppet, as is Martin Mc Hugh, two so-called pundits that bore us to death with their bull***t analysis of games. I live in County Down and I can assure you they are just as hated up here as well. I love to watch Spillane and O Rourke, they talk straight and most of the time their analysis is correct. Some earlier poster asked about Marty Clarke's bookings, well I was at the game and he should've been sent off in the 5th minute. He was jostling with O Leary and punched him full force in the face. Noel isn't one to go to ground and the fact he had to go off and get bandaged up shows how bad the punch was.
    Back to the game and it was a good day at the office for us, Down threw everything at us in the first 20 minutes but once we got to grips with their tactics we stormed ahead and closed the game out. It was very encouraging to see us put a team away in Croke Park, needed to get the Munster final defeat out of our system. I thought Miskella was the best player on the park, his passing, tackling, athleticism and overall play was outstanding. Donnacha also played very well, I'll admit I was worried when Goulding went off but he wasn't missed thank god! Fintan Gould had a good game, great to see him get a chance at last.
    One question I have to ask, can Cork meet Kerry in the 1/4 final, I don't think they can but it was the subject of much debate in the local last night.

• Advertisement

Rebel Fan wrote: »
    One question I have to ask, can Cork meet Kerry in the 1/4 final, I don't think they can but it was the subject of much debate in the local last night.

Nope they cant, because of the fact that both teams were in the munster final

crebel81 wrote: »
    Nope they cant, because of the fact that both teams were in the munster final

Thanks for clearing that up, that's 3 free pints for me tonight :D

Lads the criticism of Canty may be justifiable after his first half performance in Killarney, but to call him over-rated is ridiculous, he steadied the ship in the 2nd half when moved out to his proper position. He has been our leader for the last 5 or 6 years and to see him lift Sam last September was a fantastic moment in Cork GAA. Joe Brolly is a muppet, as is Martin Mc Hugh, two so-called pundits that bore us to death with their bull***t analysis of games. I live in County Down and I can assure you they are just as hated up here as well. I love to watch Spillane and O Rourke, they talk straight and most of the time their analysis is correct. Some earlier poster asked about Marty Clarke's bookings, well I was at the game and he should've been sent off in the 5th minute. He was jostling with O Leary and punched him full force in the face. Noel isn't one to go to ground and the fact he had to go off and get bandaged up shows how bad the punch was.
    Back to the game and it was a good day at the office for us, Down threw everything at us in the first 20 minutes but once we got to grips with their tactics we stormed ahead and closed the game out. It was very encouraging to see us put a team away in Croke Park, needed to get the Munster final defeat out of our system. I thought Miskella was the best player on the park, his passing, tackling, athleticism and overall play was outstanding. Donnacha also played very well, I'll admit I was worried when Goulding went off but he wasn't missed thank god! Fintan Gould had a good game, great to see him get a chance at last.

:pac::pac:

:pac::pac:

And by that you mean what exactly???

And by that you mean what exactly???

I find it funny it says he doesn't go down, remember the Munster Final went down fairly easy that day but once he seen a card was given he was up very fast. But then again poor old Noel has never done anything to anyone now has he?

I find it funny it says he doesn't go down, remember the Munster Final went down fairly easy that day but once he seen a card was given he was up very fast. But then again poor old Noel has never done anything to anyone now has he?

A few years ago a certain aidan o'mahony took a dive and got donnacha o connor sent off, amazing how some kerry people have short memories.

Noel is no angel I will agree, but yesterday he was floored by Clarke and had to go off and get bandaged up, in The Munster Final players from both teams were at it wouldn't you agree??? Kerry players continuously went down in the 2nd half to break Cork's momentum and Cork players were equally as guilty in the 1st. This has been creeping into our game for a while now. Hope that answers your sarcastic question! I must say I find it amazing a Kerryman giving off about players diving. The Gooch and Aidan O Mahony spring to mind to name but a few!!!

Draw for 1/4 final
    Mayo v Cork
    Kerry v Limerick
    Kildare v Donegal
    Dublin v Roscommon/Tyrone

A good draw for us, can't see too many problems against Mayo (fingers crossed!) and Kerry should beat Limerick. Have to say I feel a bit sorry for Limerick, their 1st 1/4 final and they draw a Munster team in Croke Park, no chance of an upset IMO. Sets up a Cork/Kerry semi if all goes to form, as a Corkman I would be quite happy with that. I'd rather play Kerry in a semi than a final, the pressure of a final might be too much for us AGAIN! We've every chance now of getting to another final, expect an epic semi-final and hopefully we'll bury the Kerry curse in Croker!
    Would have to fancy Kildare against Donegal, Tyrone to beat Roscommon and I have a fancy for them to beat Dublin which sets up a semi with Kildare. What chance an all red and white final this year???

A few years ago a certain aidan o'mahony took a dive and got donnacha o connor sent off, amazing how some kerry people have short memories.

Yes once. How many times has O Leary tryed or got other players sent off?

Noel is no angel I will agree, but yesterday he was floored by Clarke and had to go off and get bandaged up, in The Munster Final players from both teams were at it wouldn't you agree??? Kerry players continuously went down in the 2nd half to break Cork's momentum and Cork players were equally as guilty in the 1st. This has been creeping into our game for a while now. Hope that answers your sarcastic question! I must say I find it amazing a Kerryman giving off about players diving. The Gooch and Aidan O Mahony spring to mind to name but a few!!!

Draw for 1/4 final
    Mayo v Cork
    Kerry v Limerick
    Kildare v Donegal
    Dublin v Roscommon/Tyrone

A good draw for us, can't see too many problems against Mayo (fingers crossed!) and Kerry should beat Limerick. Have to say I feel a bit sorry for Limerick, their 1st 1/4 final and they draw a Munster team in Croke Park, no chance of an upset IMO. Sets up a Cork/Kerry semi if all goes to form, as a Corkman I would be quite happy with that. I'd rather play Kerry in a semi than a final, the pressure of a final might be too much for us AGAIN! We've every chance now of getting to another final, expect an epic semi-final and hopefully we'll bury the Kerry curse in Croker!
    Would have to fancy Kildare against Donegal, Tyrone to beat Roscommon and I have a fancy for them to beat Dublin which sets up a semi with Kildare. What chance an all red and white final this year???

Everyone always goes on about how the Gooch is always diving how many times can you say you've actually seen it happen? As for O Mahoney that happened in one game as much as people might try and make out other wise

Everyone always goes on about how the Gooch is always diving how many times can you say you've actually seen it happen? As for O Mahoney that happened in one game as much as people might try and make out other wise

Munster final last year in Killarney springs to mind, so blatant it was actually unbelievable!! Munster final this year, same again. Like I said already, no Kerryman can ever complain about players that get an unfair advantage, you guys are the masters of it. O Mahony might only have been once but it was so blatant it was embarressing. People, glasshouses, stones springs to mind.

• Advertisement

Munster final last year in Killarney springs to mind, so blatant it was actually unbelievable!! Munster final this year, same again. Like I said already, no Kerryman can ever complain about players that get an unfair advantage, you guys are the masters of it. O Mahony might only have been once but it was so blatant it was embarressing. People, glasshouses, stones springs to mind.

So two times thats funny you made it out like it happens in every game....

How so?

How so?

When did I say it happens in every game??? The fact that you have admitted it happened shows you know it's true, you can't defend the indefensible. Even people in Kerry criticise him for going to ground, if memory serves me right he got a right lashing for doing it in the county semi final last year, I didn't see it so I could be wrong but I vaguely remember an Irish Times journalist called Daragh O Se having a go at him for going to ground too easy to win the "easy free".
    Anyway, I don't really want to go over old ground any more, let's talk 2011, as a wise Kerryman what are your predictions for the 1/4's and semis?

When did I say it happens in every game??? The fact that you have admitted it happened shows you know it's true, you can't defend the indefensible. Even people in Kerry criticise him for going to ground, if memory serves me right he got a right lashing for doing it in the county semi final last year, I didn't see it so I could be wrong but I vaguely remember an Irish Times journalist called Daragh O Se having a go at him for going to ground too easy to win the "easy free".
    Anyway, I don't really want to go over old ground any more, let's talk 2011, as a wise Kerryman what are your predictions for the 1/4's and semis?

I never said is doesn't do it but people make out it happenes in every game.

I think Kerry & Cork should make it with out any real bother. Donegal & Kildare is hard to call but Kildare have more games played so ill go with them, people may think im mad but i could see Roscommon beating Tyrone for some reason and you just dont know what Dublin team will show up. Not going to saying anything about the semis yet

I never said is doesn't do it but people make out it happenes in every game.

I think Kerry & Cork should make it with out any real bother. Donegal & Kildare is hard to call but Kildare have more games played so ill go with them, people may think im mad but i could see Roscommon beating Tyrone for some reason and you just dont know what Dublin team will show up. Not going to saying anything about the semis yet

Ah, a Kerryman keeping his cards close to his chest, and they say people in Cork are cute!!! I'd go to the bookies if I was you on your prediction of the Roscommon game, it'd be worth a tenner of your money, personally I cant see anything other than a Tyrone win. Dublin have no chance IMO, I always compare them to the English soccer team, hyped up to the last before every tournament and blow it when the pressure is on. Take out Brogan and you'll beat them. Kildare will have too much for Donegal, Donegal will set up defensively but as we all know you can't sustain it for 70 minutes, Kildare always finish strong so I'd have to fancy them.

Ah, a Kerryman keeping his cards close to his chest, and they say people in Cork are cute!!! I'd go to the bookies if I was you on your prediction of the Roscommon game, it'd be worth a tenner of your money, personally I cant see anything other than a Tyrone win. Dublin have no chance IMO, I always compare them to the English soccer team, hyped up to the last before every tournament and blow it when the pressure is on. Take out Brogan and you'll beat them. Kildare will have too much for Donegal, Donegal will set up defensively but as we all know you can't sustain it for 70 minutes, Kildare always finish strong so I'd have to fancy them.

If Roscommon get good ball into Shine and them they could win it. Ya Dublin might make the semi but thats as far as they'll go though. The thing with Kildare is all the wides they kick is going to cost them sooner or later dont think they'll win it eather. Between Kerry and Cork really

How so?

Lol it does ffs...the Gooch is a diver..simple as that!!

Lads, we have a cute Kerry hoor trolling, why not give ur opinions on the Kerry dicussion thread? Oh wait, its not very active at the moment...once again, as cute as ever.

Its sickening tbh

Yes once. How many times has O Leary tryed or got other players sent off?

Few years back donaghy dived and got anthony lynch sent off. Kerry are the masters of being sneaky and gettiing away with it. the likes of galvin, the o'se's over the years have got away with a lot. tom o sullivan is another who loves grabbing hold of a jersey and he rarely gets punished for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,348 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Few years back donaghy dived and got anthony lynch sent off. Kerry are the masters of being sneaky and gettiing away with it. the likes of galvin, the o'se's over the years have got away with a lot. tom o sullivan is another who loves grabbing hold of a jersey and he rarely gets punished for it.

'Some people' would have you believe it only happened once:rolleyes:

And the red card was over turned so whats your point?

Every back does that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

That match last year, Piarsaighs gave away a silly goal that day. Their defence is a lot tighter now.

Aswell I'm not sure if you would remember but Midleton were 1 point up late enough in the second half and Piarsaighs had just got a few scores and the momentum was with them. Then Piarsaighs had a sideline and Mark Prendergast tried a short pass to Darren Mannix and it went straight to a Midleton forward who put 2 points between them again, after that it was all over.

If Piarsaighs end up meeting them again, they'll show who's the better side.

15 wides tonight, probably should have beaten Sars but that's very poor shooting. Unlucky.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement