Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

A big number of intermediate and senior championship games played this weekend in the County. As regards teams from my own division Duhallow,Kanturk had a great 1 point win over Kilworth in the Intermediate hurling championship 1-18 to 1-17. Newmarket had an impressive 7 point win 0-13 to 0-6 over Ballinora in the premier Intermediate football championship while in the same competition Kiskeam drew with Naomh Aban 0-9 to 0-9.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

In a surprise result, Cloyne beat the Glen by a point tonight. They go on to play Carrigtohill in the QF.

Full draw for all the championships here :

http://www.gaacork.ie/taggedNews/54752/99/county_championship_draws

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Christ, that was some some shock for the Glen - Delighted !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

Douglas the only city club left in it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

The Glen and Na Piarsigh out, only Midleton left for me to support. :(

Hopefully CIT will knock out Erins Own on Tuesday and put a smile back on my face. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Carthy303

Orizio wrote: »
    The Glen and Na Piarsigh out, only Midleton left for me to support. :(

Hopefully CIT will knock out Erins Own on Tuesday and put a smile back on my face. :P

Looks like your smiling then

Erins Own 3-11 CIT 2-17

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

I thought the clubs were meant to have a say on who the next Cork manager will but now Frank has put forward his own motion.Typical county board.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

I thought the clubs were meant to have a say on who the next Cork manager will but now Frank has put forward his own motion.Typical county board.

Looks like, from reading the boards proposal, Frank will have final say as to who the selectors and backroom team will be.
    Does anyone believe that the three club nominees along with Frank,Jerry and Bob who will pick the manager, will be strictly neutral? Of course they will. :D

Proposals for how the manager will be picked were tabled at the last board meeting and the clubs would pick which one I thought?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Yet agaon the CCB are up to their usual tricks when it comes to picking managers, should be a simple enough procedure but no.....anyone surprised?

• Advertisement

Oh FFS,we're back to this sh*te again with Frank Murphy dominating proceedings and dictating who's elected and who's not! Frank seems determined to destroy Cork GAA before he retires!

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Yet agaon the CCB are up to their usual tricks when it comes to picking managers, should be a simple enough procedure but no.....anyone surprised?
    No surprises at all! We have a board who'd be more suited to a communist dictatorship out in Asia or South America FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

It's always a tough one to know how to pick a manager.

I'd say they will give Coonihan one more year, and if he fails to win the AI, he will be out as he would have taken Cork as far as he could by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

It's up to the clubs to step up to the plate.There's only so much striking players can do.Oh well time to get out the marching shoes.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

It's up to the clubs to step up to the plate.There's only so much striking players can do.Oh well time to get out the marching shoes.
    Well said.I'll be contacting my local GAA club chairman ASAP to air my views and make sure this sh*te is stopped immediately. It's up to the clubs now to sort this mess.

dartbhoy wrote: »
    No surprises at all! We have a board who'd be more suited to a communist dictatorship out in Asia or South America FFS!

Frank makes Kim Jong Il look like a pacifist for christ sake.No man will want the Cork hurling job while hes still in power!

Alot of people outside Cork were constantly having a go at the players for striking and always giving out - they haven't a clue just how fundamentally fúcked up our CB can be.

Cork County Championship results;

PIHC 4th round Valley Rovers 2-14 Inniscarra 1-13.

PIFC 4th round Macroom 0-14 Bantry 1-9,Mallow 1-10 Clyda Rovers 1-10.

PIFC quarter final St Vincents 1-10 Mayfield 0-9.

IFC 4th round Kinsale 1-8 Cill Na Martra 0-9.

Senior Hurling Championship:

Douglas 1-11 Midleton 4-16 (Round 4)
    Bishopstown 2-14 Ballinhassig 1-17 (Relegation Play-off)

More results from today;

IHC 4th round Aghada 1-14 Meelin 0-14.

IHC quarter final Milford 0-11 Barryroe 1-7.

PIFC 4th round replay Naomh Aban 0-15 Kiskeam 1-7

IFC 4th round Cloyne 1-8 Ballydesmond 1-6.

A bad day for the Duhallow clubs!

• Advertisement

PIHC:

Courceys 1-17 Carrigaline 2-14 (Q-Final)

Kanturk V Catherines is on-going in the IHC..You'd expect kanturk to save the blushes of the duhallow clubs!

IHC: Catherines 1-14 Kanturk 0-12 (Q-Final)

Catherines cause a bit of an upset!

Carthy303 wrote: »
    IHC: Catherines 1-14 Kanturk 0-12 (Q-Final)

Catherines cause a bit of an upset!
    Well that is an upset! Newmarket so are the sole club from Duhallow left in the Intermediate county championship!

Catherines winning is a bit of a shock alright, I honestly thought Kanturk would go further this year.

Catherines winning is a bit of a shock alright, I honestly thought Kanturk would go further this year.

You're not the only one.They were probably bookies favourites especially given the way Aidan Walsh had been hurling.Catherines now play the winners of Bandon/Aghada in a semi while the other semi is Fr. O Neills vs Milford!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Saw Aidan Walsh play during the week and he was knackered, so not overly suprised. He is obviously being over-played.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Alot of people outside Cork were constantly having a go at the players for striking and always giving out - they haven't a clue just how fundamentally fúcked up our CB can be.

Hasn't Frank Murphy like a job for life or something and can dictate whatever way he likes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Stinicker wrote: »

Hasn't Frank Murphy like a job for life or something and can dictate whatever way he likes?

Looks like it. He will always have a say on matters. He has destroyed Cork GAA.

Orizio wrote: »
    Saw Aidan Walsh play during the week and he was knackered, so not overly suprised. He is obviously being over-played.

That's the danger alright. Hes played some amount of matches in the last few weeks. Twice for the Senior Footballers,Twice for the U-21 Hurlers,Twice for Kanturk and once for CIT (only played one half but still).
    And if he plays dual next year, the problem will only increase!
    As far as I know now CIT are the only team he will still be involved with for the rest of the season. I'm not sure if Kanturk are still involved in Junior football, maybe somebody with a better knowledge of Duhallow GAA could clear that up.

• Advertisement

Stinicker wrote: »

Well the story goes that his contract (which he drew up himself, funny enough) is up this year and that he will not be carrying on but you never know with the merry-go-round that is CCB. Apparently Die Fuhrer will quit as secretary to over see the development of Páirc Uí Chaoimh. We'll just have to wait and see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement