Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Touch

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Ross wrote: »
    One problem I've encountered: it's not bringing me to the latest post. When I tap on a thread it brings me to the first page of that thread and I have to scroll to the end and tap on the last page and scroll to the end again, which is very awkward. Should it be remembering where I last was on the thread? If not, is there an easier way to get to the latest post?
    There we go, first bug! Fixed, thanks!
    Baza210 wrote: »
    In-line ads is asking a bit much, imo.
    It's gotta be paid for somehow dude. As I've mentioned, subscribers have the option of removing ads if they wish.

And the main site and m.boards can pay for itself using banners?
    Seems like a copout, anyway it's putting users off , so it will kill itself over time I'm sure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Heya,

Is this on every post or just some posts?

Looks to be on every post although saying that I only have 3 posts in the last 2 days to check against, 2 in this thread (well, 3 now..) and one in the Film forum but none of them show an edit button via the touch interface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

JohnK wrote: »
    Looks to be on every post although saying that I only have 3 posts in the last 2 days to check against, 2 in this thread (well, 3 now..) and one in the Film forum but none of them show an edit button via the touch interface.

Can you have a look now? I've made a minor change in the backend which should solve the issue.

Conor wrote: »
    Can you have a look now? I've made a minor change in the backend which should solve the issue.
    Yeah I see an edit button now thanks :)

Edit: just testing the edit works

That seems to all be working now :)

I think I've spotted a bug though, in my initial post I quoted Conor and it had a single quote where he had I've but when I edited the post it changed it to I've which is whats visible now. If you look at the edit history of my post above you should be able to see it there - I didnt change any of the text in the quote only added the bit about the edit at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Test...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

That seems to all be working now :)

I think I've spotted a bug though, in my initial post I quoted Conor and it had a single quote where he had I've but when I edited the post it changed it to I've which is whats visible now. If you look at the edit history of my post above you should be able to see it there - I didnt change any of the text in the quote only added the bit about the edit at the end.

Ah, yes that escaped me. (See what I did there?)

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭smoochie06

Barrington wrote: »
    smoochie06 wrote: »
    smoochie06 wrote: »

One thing I see missing is a back to forum option at the bottom of a thread. Maybe I just missed it.

Any solution to this yet. Its getting really annoying now when I read a few pages of a thread and I can't just go back to forum.

Back to m.boards for me until it is sorted.

Top of the page, press the forum name. Or surely just press the Back button on your browser

I know its a minor thing but to do what you say I have to scroll to the top of the page. With just pressing the back button that becomes a pain when I have read 5 or so pages of a thread. Then you have to go back through them all.

How about putting the forum name at the bottom and have that to press.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Just another post to add that I don't have an edit button either. On a nexus one if it helps with android 2.3.4
    alwaysadub wrote: »
    I've no edit button either. On a HTC HD7 using Windows phone 7.
    Heya,

Is this on every post or just some posts?

I've an edit button now too! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Like it but would prefer to have the main categories available rather than scrolling down alphabetically through all the sub-categories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

I'm missing the smilies/ emoticons, they aren't even coming up as text like they do on m.boards. I only noticed cos I saw some replies that looked blank. :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm missing the smilies/ emoticons, they aren't even coming up as text like they do on m.boards. I only noticed cos I saw some replies that looked blank. :confused:
    Works for me on the iPhone.

164449.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

First time using touch. Apart from the inline ads, I like it!

Edit: just after posting this I have realised that once I've submitted my reply, the page moves to the start of the page rather than to my post. Is it a bug or how you decided it should be?

Works for me on the iPhone.

164449.png

Nope, doesn't even show the confused I had posted. I can only see them when I quote a message. On Windows phone7. Images are showing up fine for me.

Nope, doesn't even show the confused I had posted. I can only see them when I quote a message. On Windows phone7. Images are showing up fine for me.

Can you browse to this link and tell me if you see it?

http://touch.boards.ie/i/smilies/confused.gif

Can you browse to this link and tell me if you see it?

http://touch.boards.ie/i/smilies/confused.gif

Yep, I can see that alright.

Yep, I can see that alright.

Then your browser is fooked somehow. That image location is the one embedded in posts. One of the lads here is going to find me a Windows Phone 7 to test on, but that won't be until Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Then your browser is fooked somehow. That image location is the one embedded in posts. One of the lads here is going to find me a Windows Phone 7 to test on, but that won't be until Monday.

I also have a windows phone 7 device and the touch site seems a bit buggy.
    For some reason the "forum" button is inside the search box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

My ipad keeps going to touch.boards.ie, is there anyway to make it go to the normal boards.ie?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

cork45 wrote: »
    My ipad keeps going to touch.boards.ie, is there anyway to make it go to the normal boards.ie?
    +1

Lads, this isn't funny,this touch site is useless .
    Please let us get back to the main site.

It's terribly unhelpful to force this on people who certainly didn't ask for a dumbed down version of the site

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

x2 Much prefer the normal version.

Trevor451 wrote: »
    I also have a windows phone 7 device and the touch site seems a bit buggy.
    For some reason the "forum" button is inside the search box.

I'll have a Windows Phone 7 device to test with on Monday.

I tried to get the emulator working today, but couldn't get it to do anything useful.

subway wrote: »
    +1

Lads, this isn't funny,this touch site is useless .
    Please let us get back to the main site.

It's terribly unhelpful to force this on people who certainly didn't ask for a dumbed down version of the site
    markc1184 wrote: »
    x2 Much prefer the normal version.

Just click "View on full site" on the bottom and you won't be redirected again (unless you explicitly visit touch.boards.ie).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Cheers for that, I was getting the sweats thinking I was stuck with the touch version.
    Terrible on the ipad.

Terrible on the ipad.

I dunno, I like it. The main site used to annoy me on the iPad. My fingers aren't that pudgy but I was constantly having to zoom to get the taps in the right places.

Are there are any particular changes which would make touch better for you on the iPad?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

How do I not use touch boards I was happy using the full site but now safari on my iPhone is forcing me to use touch boards, help?

How do I not use touch boards I was happy using the full site but now safari on my iPhone is forcing me to use touch boards, help?

Just click "View on full site" on the bottom and you won't be redirected again (unless you explicitly visit touch.boards.ie).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Any chance of just making the full site work better on the iPad instead? Spoiler tags are the main problem for me, everything else is okay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Thanks, should have spotted that, all happy again now. :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement