Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

Get your tickets to CCW's annual Over 18's spectacular and secure your place here: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/celtic-championship-wrestling-riot-live-from-the-pav-tickets-18458215018

Featuring International Stars including British Wrestling Legend ''The Phoenix'' Jody Fleisch and don't forget the lovely ''RIOT GIRL'S'' will also be in the house!

CCW_Riot_Poster_Official_Final_Draft.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

So is this on in The Pavilion in the centre of Cork, where I would have usually seen bands playing? It so, fair play on getting in there, that's a pretty sweet venue and has a nice vibe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

So is this on in The Pavilion in the centre of Cork, where I would have usually seen bands playing? It so, fair play on getting in there, that's a pretty sweet venue and has a nice vibe.

Yes it is Stereomaniac. It promises to be a great night. Hope you join us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

gimmick wrote: »
    Wow. Touchiness in the Irish promotions thread. We have not seen this in a few years.

There might be a mini boom on the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Hb6g6

Is there no website that follows Irish Wrestling news?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Hb6g6 wrote: »
    Is there no website that follows Irish Wrestling news?

I used to run one, but there were a number of reasons why it didn't work at the time...it may work now, but it was like getting blood from a stone to ask certain promotions for even their upcoming show dates

With how Irish wrestling is atm, I think a website would be very useful, it's hard to keep track of what promotions there are and when & where their running their show

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

With how Irish wrestling is atm, I think a website would be very useful, it's hard to keep track of what promotions there are and when & where their running their show

Wouldn't work. You'd have to just use it as a place to plug and promote or nobody would talk to you - only reason I have any sources these days is because most people involved know me personally - and nobody would read it if it was just propaganda (you'd have a difficult enough time trying to get interest to begin with).

I tried to give a dig out and cover Irish wrestling in an interesting way for Balls.ie and the head honchos flipped out over it (despite them asking me to begin with, me telling them how I'd look to cover it and them agreeing it was a good idea) so I'm just not bothering anymore. It ain't worth the hassle, trust me. Shame because there are a lot of decent, hard-working, talented people who deserve the coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 G Spark

I'll defiantly be going to the next OTT show have been to the last 5 shows which were all great.

I'm just wondering is OTT, Main Stage Wrestling and No Limit Wrestling all owned by the same people?

OTT and Main Stage are owned by the same person/people. They have different names to differentiate between the adult and family friendly brands. NLW is owned by someone else but there is always cross promotion as there is no point in not working together on such a small island

G Spark wrote: »
    OTT and Main Stage are owned by the same person/people. They have different names to differentiate between the adult and family friendly brands. NLW is owned by someone else but there is always cross promotion as there is no point in not working together on such a small island

Well OTT use the NLW Heavyweight title as there main title. I would only assume they are owned by the same people. I think NLW is owned by Joey Cabray aka Luther Ward

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 G Spark

Well OTT use the NLW Heavyweight title as there main title. I would only assume they are owned by the same people. I think NLW is owned by Joey Cabray aka Luther Ward

Yeah, NLW is owned by Ward and Jamie Coleman (William J. Humperdink), that's why OTT use their title. The guy who owns OTT/Main Stage doesn't take part in shows.

G Spark wrote: »
    Yeah, NLW is owned by Ward and Jamie Coleman (William J. Humperdink), that's why OTT use their title. The guy who owns OTT/Main Stage doesn't take part in shows.

Ahh I see so NLW and OTT/Main Stage are separate entities but NLW let's them use there title. Makes sense it's ways better that they share talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭NLW_Info

OTT Wrestling comes to Dublin this Friday as part of the Tiger Fringe Festival!

11900054_895721583826703_1491418326686190314_n.jpg?oh=70c1b04a1a2e12306bfecf14b06d8979&oe=566EE97A

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Hender

Just back from a wrestling.ie show if u could call it that!
    5 matches featuring 8 wrestlers, 4 of who pulled double duty!
    Poor poor performances from at least half the talent

Anyone go to the IWW show that was on in Blanchardstown?

Yes it is Stereomaniac. It promises to be a great night. Hope you join us.
    Sadly I have to work that night until 9. What is the next show coming up after this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Wrestling.ie are doing a show in Kilkenny in the 10th of October, just seen a poster for it! Finally a show in my neck of the woods, seems quite kid orientated though

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MSW Wrestling

After a massive sell out show at the 2015 Tiger Dublin Fringe Festival,
    Over The Top Wrestling returns to the Tivoli Theatre, 138 Francis Street, Dublin 8 on Saturday October 17th at 7:30 PM ( Doors open 6:30 PM for general ticket holders) for a night of over 18's pro-wrestling entertainment.

F#CK PG 2 - the one year anniversary!
    This event will see Over The Top Wrestling celebrate the one year anniversary by bringing you a stacked card of matches featuring some of the very best performers the industry has to offer.

The event will feature fan favorites The Wards, Ryan Smile, Session Moth Martina, The Fabulous Nicky, along with some very special guests!
    Drinks promotions and pizza on sale on the night.
    For more information see our Facebook page or log on to www. ottwrestling .com

After a massive sell out show at the 2015 Tiger Dublin Fringe Festival,
    Over The Top Wrestling returns to the Tivoli Theatre, 138 Francis Street, Dublin 8 on Saturday October 17th at 7:30 PM ( Doors open 6:30 PM for general ticket holders) for a night of over 18's pro-wrestling entertainment.

F#CK PG 2 - the one year anniversary!
    This event will see Over The Top Wrestling celebrate the one year anniversary by bringing you a stacked card of matches featuring some of the very best performers the industry has to offer.

The event will feature fan favorites The Wards, Ryan Smile, Session Moth Martina, The Fabulous Nicky, along with some very special guests!
    Drinks promotions and pizza on sale on the night.
    For more information see our Facebook page or log on to www. ottwrestling .com

I see you guys are selling reserved seats for at an extra cost. I'm just concerned that I won't get a seat as I have bought the general admission tickets.

I see you guys are selling reserved seats for at an extra cost. I'm just concerned that I won't get a seat as I have bought the general admission tickets.

There are very few seats with general admission. There's about 20-30 bar stools and that's it. Most of the crowd stands.

The reserved seating costs extra afaik and is either on an elevated stage or ringside - with ringside you might need to move if someone does a spot on the outside, you also might get a beer shower if one of the wrestlers uses a beer can as a weapon :P

I should say, Over the Top isn't chinlock city. It's quite fast paced and moves along well, you won't be bored standing.

• Advertisement

Ageyev wrote: »
    There are very few seats with general admission. There's about 20-30 bar stools and that's it. Most of the crowd stands.

The reserved seating costs extra afaik and is either on an elevated stage or ringside - with ringside you might need to move if someone does a spot on the outside, you also might get a beer shower if one of the wrestlers uses a beer can as a weapon :P

I should say, Over the Top isn't chinlock city. It's quite fast paced and moves along well, you won't be bored standing.

I hope they let everyone in at the same time instead of what they did at the too cool show, people were waiting for hours and then they had to wait longer while the meet and greet happened

Is there any word on what the card is going to be for this? I'm off work on that Saturday and might head along if there's any international name to tempt my casual fan tag team partner.

Is there any word on what the card is going to be for this? I'm off work on that Saturday and might head along if there's any international name to tempt my casual fan tag team partner.

Nothing announced on their FB about a US name but Ryan Smile is scheduled I believe. Pete Dunne turned on Ward at the last show so there's that. There may have been matches announced at the last show much I can't remember

Hard to believe it's only been a year since they announced their first show. If I head up to this I'll have to be sure to get there as the doors are opening, it was so crowded when I went.

Yeah there were a lot there in August and they sold out whatever that weird tent for the Fringe gig held.

Was the Spiegeltent a larger capacity than the Tivoli? I've never been to the Fringe Festival.

Dunno what the Tivoli capacity is but I think Spiegeltent did something like 500.

OTT on Facebook are intimating that their tickets are selling fast. The reserved seats are gone. Curious to know what the capacity is. I don't mind standing as long as you don't have to tippy toe over too many people to see the ring but

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭robvondoom

This went up today. Hope they have as much success on the road as they've had in Dublin

https://twitter.com/OTTSideshow/status/649906469308137473

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

CCW show last night in Cork was good fun. Really enjoyed it.

The venue was awful though. Very hard to get a good view.

They are doing another Cork Over 18 show in Feb.

Advertisement