Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

gimmick wrote: »
    CCW show last night in Cork was good fun. Really enjoyed it.

The venue was awful though. Very hard to get a good view.

They are doing another Cork Over 18 show in Feb.
    Was that in the pav?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Went to the CCW show last night also, had a great time and some non wrestling fan friends I brought loved it too.

The Pav as a venue wasn't as good as I'd imagined, the ring took up a lot more space than I thought it would.

The Tony Leahy fella was brilliant, the promo was great craic. Only thing I felt was lacking was the in-ring action at some points. Saw some of the weakest looking chops ever in the first match and some kicks etc were miles from connecting which was pretty funny.

I was at their first show a while back and the matches were tighter and more impressive but it's to be expected considering Maxer and Duncan were on the shows then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Any idea when their next show is? I couldn't visualise what way the show would be laid out when I saw it promoted on here. I was there for a gig a few years ago and it seemed huge when the place wasn't sold out. It's a pretty cool place for music though, but that doesn't necessarily always translate well into hosting other events. Anyway, fair play to them for even getting wrestling booked in there. I wouldn't have thought they'd run that in there. It seems like CCW always have something coming up, which is pretty good to see honestly.

Feb 20th again in The Pav.

The ring took up the entire dancefloor. Unless you were at the railings you weren't seeing the mat. So Id say maybe 50 people had a perfect view. The level at the bar you could see nothing unless you were at the front railing, probably the best seats in the house. Then up the very back, you could just see wrestlers heads.

It is a very bad venue for it unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Are there any other venues in Cork that would suit something like that? I've played shows in the student bar at UCC, Oliver Plunkett's and Bradley's in my time going down there. They definitely wouldn't be suitable for anything other than music, in my opinion. What about The Savoy? I've been in there to see Mastodon a couple of times over the years. I'm not sure is the floor space any wider than The Pavilion but it seems like the next level up.

They did the Savoy before alright, but I believe they wont be going there again due to insurance.

Not sure of anywhere else really. The Granary Theatre down by UCC would be class, but its not an option id say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

They did the Savoy before alright, but I believe they wont be going there again due to insurance.

Not sure of anywhere else really. The Granary Theatre down by UCC would be class, but its not an option id say.

I'm not sure where you got the info Gimmick but there are indeed plans to run The Savoy again in 2016. As far as insurance is concerned we are fully insured for every show we do. Thanks for checking us out. We will return with 2 more all ages events before we return to The Pav on February 20th 2016 for CCW Riot Presents Ladder Wars.

I'm not sure where you got the info Gimmick but there are indeed plans to run The Savoy again in 2016. As far as insurance is concerned we are fully insured for every show we do. Thanks for checking us out. We will return with 2 more all ages events before we return to The Pav on February 20th 2016 for CCW Riot Presents Ladder Wars.

Fair enough. Someone was talking the other night and was saying that. Gladly corrected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Rhino is booked dor next month's Over the Top show in the Tivoli against Logan Bryce the rugby heel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 MSW Wrestling

Over The Top Wrestling closes out 2015 with our final, and biggest event of the year!

On Saturday November 28th at 7:30 pm , OTT returns to the Tivoli Theatre, Francis street D.8 for "Outer Space Odyssey" will feature current WWE NXT star, The Man Beast RHINO!

The huge event will also feature the return of ROH star Jigsaw, along with fan favorites Ryan Smile and NLW champion Pete Dunne.

Tickets are

€12 for general

€23 VIP which includes meet and greet photo op with RHINO, early entry, and either ground floor or stage seating.

Available from www. eventbrite .ie

Drinks promotions available along with pizza on sale on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Full Marx

Lads when it says some of these shows are "strictly over 18s" what do they mean? Just that there is drink and its more violent (which is fine with me) or that there is seedy stuff with the women (not something I'm a fan of). Thinking of checking out that OTT show in Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Full Marx wrote: »
    Lads when it says some of these shows are "strictly over 18s" what do they mean? Just that there is drink and its more violent (which is fine with me) or that there is seedy stuff with the women (not something I'm a fan of). Thinking of checking out that OTT show in Nov

Ive been to most the shows and can honestly say its not seedy at all, just some language/violence not suited for under 18s and maybe somthing to do with the bar licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Sorry, a bit out of the loop, are there any shows running north of the border these days? Just moved back to Belfast from Cork.

Full Marx wrote: »

Thees some intergender stuff but not much and nothing like what you get from the US indies. No sex/nudity but a condom was used in a spot this weekend and I think the Lads from the Flats had a bag of powder as an erm, "substance" one time for a spot.

Fwiw, the audience is maybe 30-40% at a guess and there's more than a few non-wrestling fans who just go for the craic.

Wrestling.ie on 96FM now in Cork: http://96fm.ie/boxtube/default

Apparently the CCW lads have been removing their posters.

It was a pretty short segment and is over now but sad to see such pettiness.

Wrestling.ie are in Silversprings on November 13th, looks to have Duncan and Maxer on the show so the wrestling action should be leaps and bounds ahead of the CCW stuff at least.

Is Wrestling.ie IWW?

Is Wrestling.ie IWW?

I think it's MSW. The guys on the phone were both from the North anyway.

Wrestling.ie on 96FM now in Cork: http://96fm.ie/boxtube/default

Apparently the CCW lads have been removing their posters.

Get your facts straight Cherry_Cola just because a group cries Wolf does not make them the innocent party. Tune in tomorrow at 10am and hear the CCW side of the story.

CCW's next show is Sunday the 15th of Nov at The Glen Rovers GAA Hall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Feud of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I heard Wrestling.ie's da said he would bash CCW's da. Just what I heard, don't shoot the messenger.

Get your facts straight Cherry_Cola just because a group cries Wolf does not make them the innocent party. Tune in tomorrow at 10am and hear the CCW side of the story.

CCW's next show is Sunday the 15th of Nov at The Glen Rovers GAA Hall.

Looking forward to hearing it :D

Coming up next for those interested.

Any links to audio on this?

Any links to audio on this?
    http://96fm.ie/boxtube/default

October 29th hour 3

October 30th hour 2 at about 31mins in

There's a random interview with Finlay's da after yesterday's show

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AterOfWorlds

Anyone heading to that OTT charity show in kildare? It's bound to be savage!

Big CCW weekend. To give you a taste here's this years Championship Choice event. Also even more HUGE news this weekends event is being filmed for TV. See you all there Live at Glen Rovers Hurling Club, Cork City. Doors Open 6pm!!!

Join our Facebook Event Page for more: https://www.facebook.com/events/531663080335140/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MSW Wrestling

Main Stage Wrestling takes place live at Our Lady's Hall, Mourne Road Drimnagh, D.12 on Saturday December 12th at 7pm.
    Tickets are 10 euro each or family special (5 tickets) 40 euro

Tickets available at the door/online from
    www. eventbrite .ie

The final show of 2015 will feature MSW fan favorites along with up and coming stars from the Main Stage Wrestling Training Centre.A two hour show full of spills and thrills that's fun and suitable for all ages. Come and see the action live!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Any boardsies heading to the OTT show saturday? Looking forward to it, been meaning to go for the past year so finally said feck it and roped a friend into goin with me! Might have a few sneaky beers to!

Im really looking forward to seeing Luther Ward, just love the gimmick and the facebook videos, wish they had more of them! Havent really seen any of the other guys before but from the highlight videos they lookk great! Lads from the flats always stand out as does the fabulous nicky in the highlights!

Really am looking forward to it, show saturday and rassling training sunday, great weekend of rasslin!

Advertisement