Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Was there an issue with DCW in the past? If only everyone just stuck together to form one promotion.

Yes. Search the thread and forum.

As for the latter point I dunno, there are egos in wrestling and then money comes into it so things get very complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Okay well if it's something which we're not meant to discuss here, I'm not that interested. It seems like there's a decent amount of shows happening these days though, which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kaizer95

Does anyone know what buses from the City Centre would get me to a wrestling school?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Ageyev wrote: »
    Yes. Search the thread and forum.

As for the latter point I dunno, there are egos in wrestling and then money comes into it so things get very complicated.

Money doesn't come into it that much in Irish wrestling. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DCWRETURNS

MAKING HIS LONG AWAITED RETURN TO IRISH WRESTLING AND FIRST MAJOR NAME ANNOUNCED<

THE AMERICAN ROCKSTAR CJ SUMMERS!

A MAN MANY CONSIDER TO BE THE GODFATHER OF IRISH WRESTLING

SHOW DATE ANNOUNCED SOON

IN THE MEANTIME POST WHO YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE RETURN TO A DCW RING.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Kaizer95 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what buses from the City Centre would get me to a wrestling school?

Hey CCW, Fight Factory, OTT et al, could you help this guy out please? Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Which city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

If you get the LUAS out to Blackhorse the MSW training centre is just around the corner. Send them a PM on Facebook and they'll be happy to help you out.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=145975442228309

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

i started in fight factory today after not wrestling in years, travelling from kilkenny, got off a bus in city centre and got the number 145 bus to bray

Podcast interview from Waterford with Joey Cabray/Luther Ward
    https://m.mixcloud.com/thebottomrope1/the-bottom-rope-episode-16-joey-cabray-aka-luther-ward/

• Advertisement

What's been happening in Waterford, is there a school or a promotion starting down there like?

What's been happening in Waterford, is there a school or a promotion starting down there like?

Alan4L of WrestlingObserver.com podcast fame is from Waterford.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

TICKETS ON SALE NOW AT EVENTBRITE & TICKETMASTER

Check out the facebook event page for more: https://www.facebook.com/events/582928561810844/

Aftershock_Poster_w_CJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kaizer95

Sirsok wrote: »
    i started in fight factory today after not wrestling in years, travelling from kilkenny, got off a bus in city centre and got the number 145 bus to bray

Where do you get the 145 from in the City Centre? Didn't realise Dublin Bus even went to Bray! And the bus times are super active!! :D Firstly, what can you say about the school itself? Do you like it? I haven't heard much about it so I'm curious. Secondly, how long does it take for you to get from the City Centre to Bray? Mad props to you, man. I thought I had it bad travelling from Lucan!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭madzer

Any news on this dcw wrestling place starting up again ?. Also who's the guy ccw have over on their next show. Was he actually nxt? vaguely remember him.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Sounds like he's straight out of Ballybeg but the 4L stands for 4rum Lismore.

Kraiser i hear that msw school is amazing they have nxt luther ward and irishh legend sean maxer training people. Would be my choice of training. Unfortunately i cant train due to personal reasons but look at their facebook looks top quality compared to other training facilitys.

What are the wrestling facilities like with respecting peoples rights im gay and im concerned about bullying. But really want to try this wrestling thing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tonyduggan

He was inside in revolution down be centra one night doin a podcast for WrestlingObserver.com and the bouncer came over and told him that there was to be no podcasts recorded on the premises without a permit from the council. Well didn't he give the bouncer the mister socko the way cactus jack used durin the attitude era, and off he went down to abra for a garlic cheese chip after then. The deise delight they calls him out in the yella house

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

madzer wrote: »
    What are the wrestling facilities like with respecting peoples rights im gay and im concerned about bullying. But really want to try this wrestling thing out.

Shouldn't see why it would be a problem in this day and age. You're gay, not an alien.

Maybe some of the lads like Leggo or Sirsok who have been through the training could elaborate?

I'm gay too and a few years ago I would have considered training but I was always a bit insecure to do it. Not because I was gay but because I felt less masculine than other lads so I thought it wasn't right for me. But I wish you well in your training and I would encourage you to do it and not let your sexuality stop you

Just remembered. Didn't CCW have a gay wrestler? Fabulous Nicky I think? I only saw a few of the CCW shows on YouTube so don't know if he's still with them but if he went through the training and made it into shows then I reckon you should be fine.

• Advertisement

Shouldn't see why it would be a problem in this day and age. You're gay, not an alien.

Maybe some of the lads like Leggo or Sirsok who have been through the training could elaborate?

I'm gay too and a few years ago I would have considered training but I was always a bit insecure to do it. Not because I was gay but because I felt less masculine than other lads so I thought it wasn't right for me. But I wish you well in your training and I would encourage you to do it and not let your sexuality stop you

This is the reason i an reluctent i font know if i would be able to take the pain of the men slamming me. So if i were to ask for breaks and that till i build a tolerence how do they respond to that will the make me continue. Im thinking of going msw they look so clean compared to other facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

This is the reason i an reluctent i font know if i would be able to take the pain of the men slamming me. So if i were to ask for breaks and that till i build a tolerence how do they respond to that will the make me continue. Im thinking of going msw they look so clean compared to other facilities.

Well as a new trainee I doubt you'll be getting slammed straight off the bat. I imagine there will be a lot of work in terms of chain wrestling and holds and counters in the mat before you ever get inside the ring.

As harsh as this may sound if they are slamming you the same way as they are slamming everyone else and you are the only person looking for breaks then I can imagine that causing a bit of annoyance for the other lads. You have to be able to do what everyone else does or else you only put a target on your own back. But I think you are selling yourself short. You'll be taught how to take the bump safely to minimise pain so give it a go. You might surprise yourself

I hadn't a clue that he was from Waterford, but then again I don't really follow the Wrestling Observer as this forum is my main source of news, and a couple of other sites every now and then. So is this guy based in Waterford and does his podcast from Ireland every week? Sorry if these are stupid questions. I've just never really been aware of much of a wrestling based community in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭NLW_Info

Live! Wrestling this Saturday in Wicklow Town!

Featuring the American Warrior, Katey Harvey, The Best Friends Club (B-Cool & Phil 'The Thrill'), Bonesaw, J.D.P., and many more!

St. Patrick's GAA Club, Wicklow Town. Doors ay 6pm.
    Tickets only €8 at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I haven't trained with any of the current schools operating, but I know of several gay people who've been involved in the Irish wrestling scene and have never heard of it being an issue whatsoever.

As for getting slammed and pain tolerance, it's a bit of column A and B. If you're going to be put off by pain...wrestling probably isn't the hobby for you and, to me, a good school will weed out lads who can't take it early on (for as much their benefit so they save money and time as well as taking up the ring time of serious trainees), but also no school that I know of over here is going to subject you to unnecessary rigour beyond what you can take. They want you to stick around if you're going to be able for it, ultimately.

I'd say give it a go, personally, and see how you get on. Your body builds up a tolerance to the bump and grind as you go along and, even if you don't like it, you'll at least scratch the wrestling itch and always know you gave it a go. Same to anyone thinking about training. Don't get to 40-50 when it's too late and wish you'd tried it while you could have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Where do you get the 145 from in the City Centre? Didn't realise Dublin Bus even went to Bray! And the bus times are super active!! :D Firstly, what can you say about the school itself? Do you like it? I haven't heard much about it so I'm curious. Secondly, how long does it take for you to get from the City Centre to Bray? Mad props to you, man. I thought I had it bad travelling from Lucan!

Thank you dude! I got the bus to bray at the heiniken building, seems to run fairly regularly, took me about 45 on the bus to get there but was worth it. When you have that itch to train it certainly strict he's it! The trainers were super nice and seemed to be a good atmosphere in the place! I would definitely recommend it!

Get your tickets for CCW Aftershock Featuring Former WWE NXT Star CJ Parker from eventbrite.ie or ticketmaster.ie

Pre purchase your tickets online and receive a FREE VIP MEET & GREET!!

Aftershock_Poster_w_CJ.jpg

CCW will also be visiting Mallow and Midleton this Summer. For more information LIKE Celtic Championship Wrestling on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/celticchampwrestling

Former NXT Star ''The Moon Child'' CJP looks forward to coming to Ireland

Get your tickets NOW at Eventbrite.ie & Ticketmaster.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Is there a wrestling school in Cork? If so, is it the only one in Munster?

• Advertisement

Is there a wrestling school in Cork? If so, is it the only one in Munster?

Yes there is and it is the only one in Munster. The CCW Pro Wrestling Academy

Here's our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ccwproacademy

Private message us there for more info. Cheers

Advertisement