Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Yes there is and it is the only one in Munster. The CCW Pro Wrestling Academy

Here's our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ccwproacademy

Private message us there for more info. Cheers

Thanks for the reply, I'll make to sure to check it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Donavanrayray

madzer wrote: »
    Any news on this dcw wrestling place starting up again ?. Also who's the guy ccw have over on their next show. Was he actually nxt? vaguely remember him.

The godfather of Irish wrestling ???

Is the is poor man's pirate of the Caribbean impersonator ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Donavanrayray

Question , are CCW & DCW partners ?

I know there's a working relationship between the 2 owners and CJ former NXT are posted to be on CCW Aftershock & DCW Summerbash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Question , are CCW & DCW partners ?

I know there's a working relationship between the 2 owners and CJ former NXT are posted to be on CCW Aftershock & DCW Summerbash

You are mixing up CJ Summers and CJ Parker.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Latte1

I just want to give a big recommendation on here and encourage people to go to OTT in the Tivoli Theatre in Dublin next week. I travel up from Wexford for every show and I'm never ever disappointed. If you like wrestling in any sort of fashion then you'll love it. The card for next week will be awesome.

Paul Treacy vs Tommy End vs Sean Guinness for the OTT Heavyweight Title

Angel Cruz vs Fabulous Nicky in a Streak vs Streak Match

Jake O'Brien vs Elektro

-- Tag Team Tournament to crown the first ever OTT Tag Team Champions.

OTT 4 LIFE

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

CCW's next stop on this years Summer Tour is this Saturday the 25th of July at The Patrician Academy Mallow, Co.Cork. Doors open at 6:30pm. Two huge title matches on the night.

Pre purchase tickets online NOW while you still can to avail of our FREE MEET & GREET with the CCW Elite. Trains running all night from the city to Mallow and back also (14 min walk from station to the venue). DON'T MISS OUT!!!

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004ECCD7E26F2C

Summer_Tour_Cover_Photo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭madzer

Lads i know this is very unlikely and un true but i still have to ask was undertaker on ott last night lol because its all over facebook all my friends went i couldnt go due to hostipal issues and they said he was. This had to be a rib on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

madzer wrote: »
    Lads i know this is very unlikely and un true but i still have to ask was undertaker on ott last night lol because its all over facebook all my friends went i couldnt go due to hostipal issues and they said he was. This had to be a rib on me.

Wasn't there but at the previous show Fabulous Nicky did the Undertaker lights off gimmick and sat up from the mat like him and a gong sound played over the PA.

Next stop on the CCW Summer Tour is Midleton GAA Hall, Cork on Sunday the 9th of August.

Midleton_Cover_photo.jpg

Then from there we will finish out The Summer with our 3 Year Anniversary Show Summerbrawl 2015 Live from Glen Rovers Hurling Club, Cork City.

Summerbrawl_2015_Official_Poster.jpg

Tickets for both events are on sale NOW at Ticketmaster.ie and also at Eventbrite.ie. LIKE Celtic Championship Wrestling on Facebook for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MSW Wrestling

TURN IT UP!
    Over The Top wrestling returns Sunday August 30th at 7:30 pm live from the Tivoli Theatre, Francis Street Dublin 8. The event will feature a special appearance by former tag team champions and WWE legends TOO COOL aka Scotty Too Hotty and Grandmaster Sexay aka TOO COOL!
    Tickets for the event are available online from www. eventbrite .ie and WRESTLING MANIA - Top Floor of St Stephen's green shopping centre.
    Tickets cost
    €12 General Admission
    €20 VIP Golden Ticket Meet and Greet ( Golden Ticket includes private meet and greet signing + professional photo with TOO COOL and other OTT stars, ground floor seating)

A major part of the WWE’s Attitude Era for almost a decade, Too Cool recently appeared on Old School Raw, defeating 3MB in a six-man tag match, as well as starring at NXT Arrival, where they challenged The Ascension for the NXT Tag Team Championship.
    The event will also feature international female star Toni Storm, as well as fan favorite Pete Dunne, and the return of Luther Ward taking on Paul Tracy in WARD VS LORD 2.

Over The Top Wrestling have been tearing up the Irish Wrestling Scene with packed out over 18s only themed wrestling events featuring hard hitting, tongue in cheek pro-wrestling and comedy in a two hour long show full of thrills and spills.
    There will be a full bar service on the night with great drinks promotions and pizza on sale!
    This event will be one of their biggest events of the year and a show you do not want to miss. Tickets are expected to sell out fast, get yours today!

www. ottwrestling .com
    Facebook / Over The Top Wrestling
    Twitter / @OTTSideshow
    You Tube / Over The Top Wrestling
    Terms & Conditions
    * VIP golden ticket meet and greet starts at 6 pm. General admission doors open 6:30 pm. Please try to arrive on time.
    *Tickets delivered by email. Please print off your ticket on the night and bring it to the Tivoli Theatre venue, as it contains a unique barcode that needs to be scanned for entry.
    * There is no option to collect tickets at the box office and we do not accept screenshots. All tickets purchased online must be printed
    * Over 18’s only. ID essential. R.O.A.R.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 MSW Wrestling

As announced earlier this week, Over The Top wrestling has been added to the 2015 Tiger Dublin Fringe Festival!
    Date: Friday September 18th at 21:30 PM
    Venue: Spiegeltent in Wolfe Tone Square
    Tickets €16 available from www. fringefest .com

Celebrating the festivals 21st anniversary, Over The Top Wrestling will enter the Spiegeltent for Tiger Dublin Fringe’s first Pro-Wrestling show.

Catch colourful characters performing breath-taking acrobatic moves, battling out good versus evil in a high-octane environment. Cheer the lucky underdog, the sore loser, the strong unstoppable heroes through title bouts, challenges and defenses. Follow the feuds, grudges, love triangles, and above all the improvised comedy that only Over the Top Wrestling provides. Each performance offers an unforgettable, action packed spectacle unlike anything ever witnessed before in Ireland. Join the lads from the Flats. Cheer for Martina The Session Moth. Support the baddest men in Ireland, The Wards. See The Gymnasties, The Lord of the Manor Sir Paul Tracey, and many more.
    With special Fringe host, Aonghus Óg McAnally.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Make CCW a part of this huge wrestling weekender!

This years Celtic Rumble will have 25 Competitors. Tickets available at Ticketmaster.ie & Eventbrite.ie

Summerbrawl_2015.jpg

In the spirit of this weekend and because it is our 3 year anniversary, we would like to once again reward our fans for their continued support. Here is last years Celtic Rumble in its entirety and you guessed it, its completely FREE and available on demand at wrestledope.com & YouTube. All we ask in return is you SHARE it and spread the word of Celtic Championship Wrestling!!!

If you like what you see get down to CCW Summerbrawl this Sunday Aug 23rd in Cork City. This years Rumble has 25 competitors. Tickets at Ticketmaster.ie & Eventbrite.ie

LIKE Celtic Championship Wrestling on Facebook for more...

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Lost any and all interest in CCW after the "Hairspray on a Pole Match"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

As did I. Especially when you see what MSW/OTT and FFPW put on. Much higher quality and less ridiculous gimmicks. That being said I thought cans on a pole was hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Not wanting to start any rows here, and I speak on this having never been at a CCW show in person, but I have enjoyed the videos posted in the past. However, MSW and OTT are great.

THAT was the deal breaker?

Yeah I've never liked Blake Norton or whomever is responsible's booking for CCW, DCW or whatever other promotions that have been in that mix. Too much a tribute to the Attitude Era with all the factions and swerves. Never really got the impression the mostly kids crowd followed all the "clever" storylines.

Well in my defence I think it was only the fourth or fifth show that the match took place. Up until that point it wasn't so bad and since they were putting up the shows for free on YouTube I could hardly complain. There was still enough talent there to keep you interested such as Dunkan Disorderly, Lycan, Vic Viper, Fabulous Nicky and Bingo Balance to name a few.

But when I saw how badly it wanted to be WWE, such as calling their female talent Divas and saying Diva's match and using the Royal Rumble gimmick, instead if trying to carve out its own identity it just lost my interest

• Advertisement

Although in the matter of fairness I will say that for an Irish independent promotion the production quality of the shows is fantastic

But when I saw how badly it wanted to be WWE, such as calling their female talent Divas and saying Diva's match and using the Royal Rumble gimmick, instead if trying to carve out its own identity it just lost my interest

I never used to like that even going back to the glory days of Irish Whip Wrestling when Wrestlers would put on an Mid-Atlantic tang and cut promos in WWE's broken terminology. UK promotions have shown the way in presenting a product more reflective of their own surroundings and written in a local voice/dialect. Over The Top has picked up on that and have ran with the ball. Promotions that want to ape WWE near completely come across as naff and naffer than before.

I will say CCW do seem to draw pretty well for an Irish indie and I give them credit for putting out videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

To be fair to them, they've a big market down there and are smart to keep it in that area of the country without trying to compete up here AND they've lasted a good while without falling apart, which is inevitable if an indie is getting it all wrong. So they're doing something right.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 BeckyBloomwood

If you're judging CCW just on Hairspray on a Pole (which was one match TWO years ago might I add) then it's ye who are missing out. So what if you think they're aping WWE, what do you think most kids in Ireland are familiar with?! OTT have their niche and that's great but CCW are obviously doing something right because people (including me) keep going back.

And? So what?

If you like it then brilliant. Hope you keep enjoying it.

I didn't so I don't follow it. That's my right as a wrestling fan. This is also a discussion forum where all opinions are welcomed. I have respect for all the wrestlers and the production in CCW. From what I saw they were doing a fantastic job

Celtic Championship Wrestling would like to thank all the fans that packed out the Glen Rovers GAA Hall Sunday night in Cork City. After a very successful Summer Tour CCW takes a short break and returns Saturday Oct 10th for our annual Over 18's event RIOT. Ticket and card information will be released very soon. This event will feature international talent that have never been seen in Ireland before.

LIKE Celtic Championship Wrestling on Facebook to keep updated!

CCW_Riot_Poster_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

leggo wrote: »
    To be fair to them, they've a big market down there and are smart to keep it in that area of the country without trying to compete up here AND they've lasted a good while without falling apart, which is inevitable if an indie is getting it all wrong. So they're doing something right.

Feckin Dublin and Cork, taking all our rasslin shows! I'm starting a promotion here in Kilkenny call it the Kilkenny Kickass Klub and Conor Hurley will be The KKK champion........wait that doesn't sound right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Realpaul

Did many from here go to OTT last night I had a good time even if there was a little bit too much comedy in the wrestling for my taste.

Pete Dunne showing up as a surprise and cashing in his money in the bank contract was class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I was there myself, never fails to entertain and I often bring non-wrestling fans along who get a kick out of it too, which the comedy helps a lot with. Danny butler and Justin shape were excellent, thought that was match of the night by miles myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Justin and Danny have brilliant chemistry, it's why they work so well as both a team and against each other.

I had a great time at OTT as always (The atmosphere for Tracey vs Ward was nuts), and I really think everyone here should make the effort to go the show they are putting on for the fringe festival. Honestly, it's the biggest opportunity for Irish wrestling to get the attention it deserves.

Advertisement