Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

They're doing a show in Limerick tomorrow that I'm really tempted to check out. Not sure if I could convince the girlfriend to join me though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

come with me sure. I'm going with one of the boys. We'll be the lads with the pints

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Iang87 wrote: »
    come with me sure. I'm going with one of the boys. We'll be the lads with the pints

That narrows it down. :p She's actually up for going, so if you see a tall couple with similar length dark hair, that'll be us. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

I'll give you a nod during the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Looking forward to Saturday night now. I've got ground floor seats so hopefully it'll be the craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

So went to my first OTT event last night! And I must say iy was amazing, such a great atmosphere. I missed the first match and Rhinos entrance due to being a dublin newb and was gutted to miss Luther Ward who was one of the reasons I came. First match I caught was rhinos match against a guy with a rugby gimmick, cool little match, no gore, and rhino picked up the victory with the gore.

Second was gymnasties v fabulous nicky, angel cruz and session moth! These people own their gimmicks! A kissing spot was done to perfection, poor session moth got no action. Highlight was session moth with a delayed vertical suplex on one of he gym nasties, couldnt believe it!

Match of the night was Lads from the flats v Kings of the north, the atmosphere from the crowd was amazing and its a testament to how over the lads from the flats got themselves, few interfernces which lead to Rhinos finally busting of a gore, another roll up to carry on the continuity from the first match ( lads from the north are managed by the same guy as rugby gimmick guy) Corvin is in some shape, could easily see him going far.

After intermissiom we had Devlin v British guy, very impressive technical work involved in this match,some great spots! with Devlin getting the win

Rocky Mac v Paul treacy had a great story, the production leading into the match really stood out, Lord Treacy with the win after Paddy threw in the towel, carrying on the stpry from when Rocky did the same to him. The ward section really stood out during this, one guy had his face painted , looked awesome, they all got so invested in the storyline!

We then had Pete Dunne v Jigsaw in a really really great match, guys worked thwir asses off, and was a really great main event, didnt have a great view of the match though unfortunately.

DELIGHTED luther ward made an appearwnce at the end, along with the lads from the flat, they created a really great segment, I think they broke the speakers, but it was just awesome to be a part of that, everyone there loving wrestling and partying because of it.

Got to meet Buzz from Hardy Bucks during it, he knew who I was from some facebook videos I do so a great way to cap off the evening!

****ing tremendous stuff, as a trainee wrestler is something that you strive to be apart of one day, even though they really make you feel apart of it as just a fan.

Kudos lads and gals, was my first OTT event and ill be sure to be there on January 23rd!

What is the card going to be in January I wonder? It would be cool to see Pa and Rocky try to team up against Paul Treacy and someone else. They could go the whole Bret and Owen route with it maybe. It was a great match and Rocky Mac has really come on since I last saw him at Extreme Supershow. Maybe part of that was working with Paul Treacy, but they both looked great working together I thought. If someone was at the show where Pete Dunne cashed in his briefcase maybe they'd give a brief recap on here. I'm wondering if Luther beat Paul Treacy and then he cashed in or if he joined the match and it became a triple threat, like Seth Rollins did.
    Yeah I saw Buzz standing around on the steps down to the floor seats. It was cool to see him. He was outside in the smoking area having cans then during the break. I was going to go over and say hi but thought better of it because he looked like he was in a conversation with someone, perhaps it was yourself Sirsok!
    Anyway, it was cool to meet Rhyno and get a picture and autograph with him. I loved the way The Lads From The Flats kept it totally kayfabe throughout the meet and greet as well, those guys have their gimmick down to a tee, to the point where you'd wonder, are The Lads From The Flats really lads from the flats.....
    Martina and the referee, Foxy I think is his name, were two of the real standouts for me last night. The last time I saw her she was coming out with The Lads From The Flats but it was great to see her as the main focus of a match this time around. The referee getting involved in the tag team championship match was great as well. I was with my girlfriend who isn't a fan except catching bits and pieces with me and she even loved yesterday!

I was with my girlfriend who isn't a fan except catching bits and pieces with me and she even loved yesterday!

Same situation for me on Friday night in Limerick. Couldn't believe how much she enjoyed the show. Great characters, very good matches, really fun atmosphere.

We may have converted a few new fans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 G Spark

If someone was at the show where Pete Dunne cashed in his briefcase maybe they'd give a brief recap on here. I'm wondering if Luther beat Paul Treacy and then he cashed in or if he joined the match and it became a triple threat, like Seth Rollins did.

Tracey vs Ward II ended as a 30min time limit draw. Then Dunne came out and cashed in on Tracey. It was completely unexpected as Dunne had not wrestled or appeared at all on that card.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AterOfWorlds

OTT QUICK RESULTS!!

LIMERICK-27/11/2015

PAUL TRACY bt JORDAN DEVLIN

MARTIN AND MARTINA bt THE GYNMASTIES

"JUMPING" JAKE O BRIEN bt THE FABULOUS NICKY AND LOGAN BRYCE IN A 3 WAY ELIMINATION

LUTHER WARD bt THE BALLYMUN BRUISER IN A HARDCORE MATCH

THE KINGS OF THE NORTH bt ROCKY MAC AND DANNY BUTLER TO RETAIN THE OTT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS

PETE DUNNE bt RYAN SMILE AND JIGSAW TO RETAIN THE OTT NO LIMITIS CHAMPIONSHIP

DUBLIN-28/11/2015

LUTHER WARD bt TERRY THATCHER

RHINO bt LOGAN BRYCE

ANGEL CRUZ, THE FABULOUS NICKY AND MARTINA BT THE GYMNASTIES

THE KINGS OF THE NORTH bt THE LADS FROM THE FLATS TO RETAIN THE OTT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS

JORDAN DEVLIN bt "FLASH" MORGAN WEBSTER

SIR PAUL TRACY bt ROCKY MAC

PETE DUNNE bt JIGSAW TO RETAIN THE OTT NO LIMITS CHAMPIONSHIP

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

Tomorrow evening (Tuesday 1st Dec) at 7pm Celtic Championship Wrestling returns to Cork County Matter's on Irish TV SKY Channel 191. See highlights from our recent Clash For Tag Team Gold Event. (repeats on Saturday at 10.30am)

Irish_Tv_logo.png
    CCW.jpg

G Spark wrote: »
    Tracey vs Ward II ended as a 30min time limit draw. Then Dunne came out and cashed in on Tracey. It was completely unexpected as Dunne had not wrestled or appeared at all on that card.
    Thanks. I was wondering how exactly it went down because of Luther Ward saying that Dunne had ****ed with the wrong buachaill, as if he had screwed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Think I may have been talking to you Sirsok. Did you go to the after party across the road?

Another absolutely stellar show from OTT. The group is overflowing with five star talent and entertainment. Finally got my mate who is wrestling mad to come along and he was bowled over by the show. A new "OTT"er for sure.

Rhyno is a freakin' beast. Think everyone was genuinely taken back by the size of his body (and head). The guys legs literally are like tree trunks. We didn't get a gore during his perfectly booked match which left people scratching their heads. Little did we know he'd interfere in a later match and deliver three or four. The place went nuts.

Lads from the flats stole the show again in my option. So so funny and always have the crowd in the palm of their hands.

The comedy the company does in promos and books into their matches never fails to split sides. B-Cool and Justin Shape (The Gymnasties) would make me laugh reading the dictionary.

ICW on my radar for the new year but will definitely try make the Feb show. Ward V Dunne will be a cracker.

Have been to five OTT shows now, last weekends being the first that had a former WWE star on show. Love the Brits they are bringing but ex WWE/WCW/ECW/ROH/TNA Stars really add massive novelty. Be interesting to see who visits next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Hb6g6

Anyone see that Insane Championship Wrestling are gonna be in the The Academy in February, tickets seem a bit expensive tho

It is expensive. Not just for wrestling shows here but expensive for the academy

Plus the Academy doesn't have proper seating, Think I'll save my money for OTT

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hb6g6 wrote: »
    Anyone see that Insane Championship Wrestling are gonna be in the The Academy in February, tickets seem a bit expensive tho

One of those where I'd pay just not to miss out, like if NXT did a PPV in Dublin. Looking at it, it's €41 and includes a t-shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

jaykhunter wrote: »
    One of those where I'd pay just not to miss out, like if NXT did a PPV in Dublin. Looking at it, it's €41 and includes a t-shirt

Yeah that package, early entry plus t-shirt only went on sale recently. It wasn't an option when they first went on sale, I'd imagine this will annoy a few who bought on day 1.

I'm going but only live 10 min away, I'd encourage those traveling from outside Dublin to go to an OTT instead or if it was a matter of choosing between the 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Pingi wrote: »
    Yeah that package, early entry plus t-shirt only went on sale recently. It wasn't an option when they first went on sale, I'd imagine this will annoy a few who bought on day 1.

Bit p!ssed at that. Would have happily shelled that out for the early entry and a shirt, bought my ticket on the morning they went up after waiting hours for te ticketmaster link to actually work. Suppose I'll just buy a shirt separate when I'm there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MSW Wrestling

Over The Top Wrestling return to the Tivoli Theatre with one of their biggest shows to date, Ah Ted. A night of crazy comedy and the best professional wrestling around. Featuring stand up from Fr Damo (Joe Rooney) Eoin McLove (Patrick McDonnell) and Fr Stone (Michael Redmond)

VIP reserved : Choose Floor or Stage seat for the event, Plus a group picture with Fr Damo, Eoin McLove and Fr Stone

General Admisson, Includes comedy acts and OTT wrestling event.

Over The Top Wrestling bring you the very best wrestling from around the world, featuring The Lads from The Flats, Session Moth Martina, The Fighting Wards, Pete Dunne, Ryan Smile, Sir Paul Tracey, Will Ospreay and many more .....

WHEN
    Saturday, 27 February 2016 from 19:00 to 22:30 (GMT) - Add to Calendar
    WHERE
    Tivoli Theatre - 138 Francis Street Dublin, Dublin IE - View Map

• Advertisement

If you are from the South of Ireland and want to get into Pro Wrestling then avail of a FREE OPEN DAY this Saturday the 12th of December.

The CCW Pro Wrestling Academy are hosting a FREE Open Day this Saturday for anyone who is interested in getting involved in Pro Wrestling.
    Check out what it's all about this Saturday the 12th of December 3-7pm at Celtic Fitness Centre, Daltons Avenue, Off Cornmarket Street, Cork City Centre.
    For more info please LIKE The CCW Pro Wrestling Academy on Facebook.
    And join our Facebook Event Page (below).
    In the past we have had International Guest Trainers including New Japan Pro Wrestling's Juice Robinson, Britain's Jody Fleisch, Former NXT Development Star Luther Ward and Current NXT Champion Finn Balor.
    If you love Pro Wrestling and have always wanted to get involved or give it a go, now's your chance!!

CLICK ON EVENT PAGE BELOW FOR MORE:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/347854245338510/

Open_Day.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What age is the youngest age Ye start too train kids?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I have my work night out Friday so won't be in a fit state Saturday but what is involved in this? Is it a bootcamp style murder session or a light introduction? If it's the former I'd definitely like to test myself if this was ever done again.

Yeah I've often wondered that myself, what does it take to get involved with the Irish groups? Head is wrecked I'm working the night of Ah Ted. I'll try make January's OTT though.

gimmick wrote: »
    I have my work night out Friday so won't be in a fit state Saturday but what is involved in this? Is it a bootcamp style murder session or a light introduction? If it's the former I'd definitely like to test myself if this was ever done again.

It is an introduction for guys interested in joining the academy. If your interested we train 3 nights a week. Tues 8-10pm, Thursday 8-10pm & Saturdays 3-7pm all at Celtic Fitness Centre, Cork City Centre. Cheers.

For those who missed it, here's last weeks episode of Cork County Matters on Irish TV which featured CCW. Our segment is 6 mins and 40 secs in.

http://www.irishtv.ie/cork-matters-68

The fact OTT was able to get 2 father ted stars is surreal

The fact OTT was able to get 2 father ted stars is surreal

They actually got 3

CCW's first show of 2016 and theres no better way to kick start the New Year than with our annual Championship Choice Event. Who will win this years Championship Choice Contract? Last year the winner was Ricky Combat who cashed in his Championship Choice Contract to become the new CCW Heavyweight champion back in August at CCW Summerbrawl.

This years event promises to be even bigger. New Zealand born female wrestler Sara Jay will also be featured on the show as well as all your favourite and not so favourite CCW Stars including CCW Heavyweight Champion Ricky Combat, CCW All Star Champion Bingo Ballance, New CCW Tag Team Champions The Establishment, Lycan, Ballymun Bruiser and may more.

Whether you are already a fan or a new fan of CCW, if you like pro wrestling you don't want to miss this blockbuster event. Tickets on sale NOW and are available at Eventbrite.ie & Ticketmaster.ie. ***Great Christmas gift for any wrestling Fan***. Doors Open on the night at 6:30pm, Show starts at 7pm.

Matches announced soon. Like Celtic Championship Wrestling on Facebook or follow on Twitter @CCwrestling1 for more.

Champ_Choice_2016_Official_Poster.jpg

• Advertisement

CCW_Riot_Ladder_Wars_Cover.jpg

Celtic Championship Wrestlings Over 18s brand of Pro Wrestling Entertainment is back with its latest installment Ladder Wars. This show is stacked with top Pro Wrestlers from all over the World including the CCW Heavyweight Champion Ricky Combat, the return of British Wrestling Star ''The Phoenix'' Jody Fleisch, just back from a Tour of Japan Irelands Jordan Devlin, Progress Wrestlings Pastor William Eaver along with reknowned Scottish & New Zealand Female Wrestling Stars Nikki Storm & Miss Sara Jay. Tickets on sale NOW at Eventbrite.ie.

2 Ladder Matches on the night!

Doors Open at 7pm, show starts at 8pm.

BYOB - Bring Your Own Beer Event (No Glass - Strictly Over 18's Only - ID Required)

Matches Announced:

CCW Heavyweight Championship Ladder Match
    Ricky Combat (c) v Xavier Burns

Championship Choice Ladder Match
    Ballymun Bruiser (c) v Aaronius Henry v Marion Armstrong v Adrian Johnatans

Pre Show Match (between 7-8pm)
    King of The Mountain Rumble

International Womens Triple Threat
    Raven Creed v Miss Sara Jay v Nikki Storm

CCW Tag Team Championship Hardcore Match
    The Establishment (c) v Kurt Simmons & Karl Brien

First Time Ever
    Jody Fleisch v Jordan Devlin

Omega v Michael Mayhem

Lycan v Pastor William Eaver

Confessions With David The Beloved with Special Guest Irish Wrestling

Veteran Phil Boyd

Check out www.ccwofficial.com for more information.

Advertisement