Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Was there a big pop when the guy cashed in the briefcase? I would have liked to have seen the match between Luther Ward and Paul Treacy. Would be cool if the shows were recorded. If anyone knows the details of the next show post them up here when they get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

https://www.facebook.com/FFPWIreland/posts/1215306545162143

Never know who might drop by fight factory! Kicking myself I wasn't there! The demon himself showing up on a random Wednesday

What part of Kilkenny are you from Sirsok? It would be cool if there was more stuff on there.

From loughboy man born and raised, and the playground is where I spent most of my days!

Yeah it certainly would be we had one show in the past two years, drew a good crowd! Seen shemus years ago in the Ormonde, Sami Zayn in Carlton ballroom, and doug basham and balls Mahony in spring hill! Wrestled inspiring hill myself to once ! Where you based man?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

• Advertisement

Sirsok wrote: »
    From loughboy man born and raised, and the playground is where I spent most of my days!

Yeah it certainly would be we had one show in the past two years, drew a good crowd! Seen shemus years ago in the Ormonde, Sami Zayn in Carlton ballroom, and doug basham and balls Mahony in spring hill! Wrestled inspiring hill myself to once ! Where you based man?
    I'm in Waterford now, man. But I grew up in Goresbridge and used live in the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

God, I saw Jody Fleisch donkey's years ago at one of the first IWW shows. He was great back then.

Hmm'ing and awhh'ing about going to the OTT show at Fringe. I very much enjoyed the recent Tivoli show.

They're running the show in this mad looking tent

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/11892310_10153723499293777_584758249342790427_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9

MOD: removed huge image.

I think it's called the Spiegeltent. It got listed as one of the top attractions of the whole festival by the director in a piece on Entertainment.ie there a few days ago, which is good. I'd head along myself only I have to work in Waterford at 9 the following morning, pain in the.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Hb6g6

I'll defiantly be going to the next OTT show have been to the last 5 shows which were all great.

I'm just wondering is OTT, Main Stage Wrestling and No Limit Wrestling all owned by the same people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Hb6g6 wrote: »

I'm just wondering is OTT, Main Stage Wrestling and No Limit Wrestling all owned by the same people?

Dunno about ownership but there's definitely a crossover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah they are, but different people are technically the 'owners' of each one, although I understand all three to be a collaborative effort. I believe they also do a lot of the day-to-day running of Wrestling.ie now too. Irish wrestling is a bit of a closed shop these days with the same people pulling the strings under different brands. It's a shame there's not more creative and smartened up people either willing or able to step up to put on fresh content, but that's been the way for a while now. Same show, different title.

Do you not like the Main Stage/OTT thing? It's a pity they don't just focus on being one group, and all work together. It's a bit confusing to go to OTT and wonder is it actually Main Stage, or what is Wrestling.ie doing there. Anyway, I have enjoyed the couple of shows that I've been to over the last year and it looks like the wrestling scene is in good shape.

They put on a good show, wasn't criticising their product by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Latte1

leggo wrote: »
    It's a shame there's not more creative and smartened up people either willing or able to step up to put on fresh content, but that's been the way for a while now. Same show, different title.

Has OTT not had enough fresh content for you? OTT has been an amazing success the past year and most of us fans who go would agree. It attracts a lot of people who wouldn't go to IWW, CPW etc

What do you suggest Rick?

When did I say OTT weren't doing a good job?!? Literally read the post above you dude. Irish wrestling people under aliases are so sensitive. :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Irish wrestling people under aliases are so sensitive. :pac:

Play nice, leggo

What is going on here, are people being a bit touchy? If I annoyed anyone, I didn't mean to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Wow. Touchiness in the Irish promotions thread. We have not seen this in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Im still in shock at Jody coming to ireland, havent seen any of his work in years but if hes still got it, hes worth checking out the CCW show alone.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Play nice, leggo

You'll get no extra work from me man, I don't wanna deal with people trying to score points as much as you don't wanna clean it all up. :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah they are, but different people are technically the 'owners' of each one, although I understand all three to be a collaborative effort. I believe they also do a lot of the day-to-day running of Wrestling.ie now too. Irish wrestling is a bit of a closed shop these days with the same people pulling the strings under different brands. It's a shame there's not more creative and smartened up people either willing or able to step up to put on fresh content, but that's been the way for a while now. Same show, different title.

It seems like there either owned by the same people or the different companies just exchange talent

So the Irish Wrestling scene has IWW, Main Stage Wrestling, OTT, No Limits Wrestling, Wrestling.ie and CCW

Am I missing anyone??

Hb6g6 wrote: »
    It seems like there either owned by the same people or the different companies just exchange talent

So the Irish Wrestling scene has IWW, Main Stage Wrestling, OTT, No Limits Wrestling, Wrestling and CCW

Am I missing anyone??
    Fight factory and emerald pro wrestling (I think, dunno if still in operation)

A lot of companies for 1 small island lol

I read an article that said the Joey Cabray(aka Luther Ward) is one of the owners of NLW

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

i read that leggo used to own iww but was fired .....

i read that leggo used to own iww but was fired .....

That was Luther actually. True story, ask him.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

who's luther?

luther reigns?

who's luther?

luther reigns?

That's the one.

Does emerald pro wrestling have an affiliation with global force?

• Advertisement

Does emerald pro wrestling have an affiliation with global force?

Yeah I think they do

Advertisement