Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Excellent that this is not in The Pav as it just didnt work as a venue.

As a matter of interest, how does the layout work in the Kino? Are the cinema seats still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Is Washingston Street the one that Plugd Records used to be on up until 2009?

Is Washingston Street the one that Plugd Records used to be on up until 2009?

It is, yes.

Is that venue far up that street? I'm thinking of travelling down to this as I'll be off work then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is that venue far up that street? I'm thinking of travelling down to this as I'll be off work then.

It's just before jury's on the right. Wouldn't take 10mins too walk

• Advertisement

Cool, thanks. I haven't been in Cork since last year even though it's only a quick spin down.

There is a massive Muay Thai show happening the same night in Neptune stadium. Pity it clashes as now I have to miss one of them. But I wonder would it have any effect? Probably not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

gimmick wrote: »
    Excellent that this is not in The Pav as it just didnt work as a venue.

As a matter of interest, how does the layout work in the Kino? Are the cinema seats still there?

The stage will act as seated Ringside. There will be standing ringside on either side of the ring and there are 3 standing area's at the back middle, left and right. Everyone in the building will get a good view as there is an incline that rises up to the back. Plus a giant cinema screen so an increase on production value too. Also there will be a Wrestlemania 32 party there on April 3rd. Hope this fully answers your question. See you all there.

BYOB WM party. Different class :D
    The stage will act as seated Ringside. There will be standing ringside on either side of the ring and there are 3 standing area's at the back middle, left and right. Everyone in the building will get a good view as there is an incline that rises up to the back. Plus a giant cinema screen so an increase on production value too. Also there will be a Wrestlemania 32 party there on April 3rd. Hope this fully answers your question. See you all there.

That sounds pretty good.

As we fast approach Celtic Championship Wrestling Riot Presents: Ladder Wars, we have decided to give our fans yet another FULL FREE show. As we said before it won't always be free so enjoy it while it lasts. In association with Wrestledope.com we present to you, CCW Uprising 2015.

Apologies for the announcer he was fired immediately following the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Productionhead

I think its about time I check out one of these shows- Cant make this on due to funds but when will the next CCW event be? DO you do shows only in Cork?

I think its about time I check out one of these shows- Cant make this on due to funds but when will the next CCW event be? DO you do shows only in Cork?

Next show is Sunday March 27th at The Glen Rovers Hurling Club, Cork City featuring US Star Chuck Taylor.

CCW_Uprising_2016.jpg

With CCW Riot Presents Ladder Wars less than a week away we take a look at some highlights from our last sold out Over 18's event in The Pav. Ladder Wars Live at The Kino this Sat Feb 20th promises to be full of action and loaded with top quality Pro Wrestling like you've never seen before featuring Stars from all over the world. General Admission tickets still available, get them NOW at Ticketmaster.ie or Eventbrite.ie. BYOB Event (No Glass), Over 18's Only - ID Required.

Matches Announced:

CCW Heavyweight Championship Ladder Match
    Ricky Combat (c) v Xavier Burns

Championship Choice Ladder Match
    Ballymun Bruiser (c) v Aaronius Henry v Marion Armstrong v Adrian Johnatans

Pre Show Match (between 7-8pm)
    King of The Mountain Rumble

International Womens Triple Threat
    Raven Creed v Miss Sara Jay v Nikki Storm

CCW Tag Team Championship Hardcore Match
    The Establishment (c) v Kurt Simmons & Karl Brien

First Time Ever
    Jody Fleisch v Jordan Devlin

Omega v Michael Mayhem

Lycan v Pastor William Eaver

Confessions With David The Beloved with Special Guest Irish Wrestling Veteran Phil Boyd

Tickets available at Eventbrite.ie & Ticketmaster.ie

Go to www.ccwofficial.com for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Heading along alright, should be good craic.

Good show last night, really good setup in the Kino. That place needs to be used more for gigs and stuff.

Would love the name/link of the Seven Devils remix used as one of the entrance songs, was pretty epic.

Also, has anyone joined the CCW school? Thinking of giving it a go as a bucket list thing! I was asked twice last night if I was a wrestler and if I was gonna be attacking from the crowd :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Anyone going to the ott show in Dolans in limerick? Never been to one before so wondering is it gonna be good I know Luther ward Paul Tracey and will osprey are going to be at it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Just a little bump here given the OTT show in dolans tonight in limerick. I was at the last one and really enjoyed it some good characters with some excellent gimmicks also. Second time going in a few months to an OTT show so i'd advise someone to give it a go. Its also nice to see wrestling live in close quarters. There really is a holy **** moment when something happens. Luther ward with a sidewalk slam through a table the last night springs to mind. Very enjoyable show.

Also went to the last CCW show in dolans and loved that too

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Iang87 wrote: »
    Just a little bump here given the OTT show in dolans tonight in limerick. I was at the last one and really enjoyed it some good characters with some excellent gimmicks also. Second time going in a few months to an OTT show so i'd advise someone to give it a go. Its also nice to see wrestling live in close quarters. There really is a holy **** moment when something happens. Luther ward with a sidewalk slam through a table the last night springs to mind. Very enjoyable show.

Also went to the last CCW show in dolans and loved that too

I'll be there as well. Didn't get chatting to any other Boardsies last time so I'll have to keep an eye out for ye tonight instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I was there my 1st time at an event since the AWR event in UL ages back fantastic show and seeing Will Ospreay perform was something else that guy will go far, Some amazing characters loved the lads from the flats they were definitley a highlight

And the wards too were brilliant

• Advertisement

I've been to a lot of wrestling shows in my time from Wrestlemania to CZW but I have never in my life marked out more than when Eoin McLove ran out armed with a steel chair and no sold a low blow (because he has no willy :pac:) at the OTT show last night. Hilarious.

It was one of the best shows I've ever seen, not a bad match on the card but the main event was something else! Will Osprey was outstanding! The regulars at the shows are mad craic too. Traveled from Cork for the show and will be making it a monthly thing from now on.

I enjoy CCW here in Cork too but this was head and shoulders above it, they should start using more of these guys again like they did in the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Hb6g6

I have been to the last nine OTT shows and I must say they have only gotten better and better, can't wait for March's show

Anyone go to the ICW show in Dublin last weekend??

No. I would have loved to have gone but sadly I had to work a 66 hour shift in my job, ahh.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Just noticed the Chuck Taylor show in Cork, anyone know if he's doing a show in Dublin while he's over here?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hb6g6 wrote: »
    Anyone go to the ICW show in Dublin last weekend??

Yes! Wrong thread though. Here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057517498

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AterOfWorlds

Mr Anderson on the 26th of March. Will Ospreay on the 23rd of April. OTT are just getting better and better

Mr Anderson on the 26th of March. Will Ospreay on the 23rd of April. OTT are just getting better and better

Scrappermania II should be a great show as always, I wonder if they will bring over other UK talent for the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AterOfWorlds

Hb6g6 wrote: »
    Scrappermania II should be a great show as always, I wonder if they will bring over other UK talent for the show.

Pete Dunne, T-Bone and Charlie Garrett are set to be there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Bought the Dublin show just now on Vimeo. Looking forward to checking out the Ospreay match, been hearing nothing but great things about it! Nice price as well https://vimeo.com/ondemand/ahted/157461510

Advertisement