Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1: Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

its raining quick put the safety car out :)

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I cannot understand why the safety car was sent out, only a very small number of cars went on the inters, the rest were on full wets. :confused:

amacachi wrote: »

Fcuk you Charlie Whiting.

If only he had a twitter account!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Kobashyi to win :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Pussy racing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Again we have the issue we had last year where it takes 3 fcukin laps before the SC actually picks up the field. Jokeshop.

Again, where's Vettel's drive-through for not staying within 10 car lengths of the SC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Why should he? Vettel isn't in the wrong its up to the SC to catch him

so vettel says turn 9 to 13 is undriveable, what the hell does he want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

If only he had a twitter account!

FIA surely do? bomb it with hate mail

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Again, where's Vettel's drive-through for not staying within 10 car lengths of the SC?
    He's not driving a mclaren so that rule doesn't apply to him

• Advertisement

I know lets just ban F1 racing if its wet..... just as i typed that Vettel just more or less said that on his radio, the sport is turning into a real joke. Remember the guy who wins the championship is classed as the best driver in the world, LMAO!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Race will be called

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I've seen loads of races with worse weather played through. This is just a joke.

Cool_CM wrote: »
    He's not driving a mclaren so that rule doesn't apply to him

Agree :mad:

AG2R wrote: »
    Why should he? Vettel isn't in the wrong its up to the SC to catch him

In both starts we've had Vettel has dropped a couple of hundred metres behind the SC. The rule is that the leader must stay within 10 car lengths of the SC or it's a drivethrough penalty.

I'm not criticising Vettel for taking so long to catch up this time, that's Charlie's fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Autosport wrote: »
    so vettel says turn 9 to 13 is undriveable, what the hell does he want?

To win the race - even if it means finishing early and only being awarded half-points.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,679 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

This is ridiculous. This isn't a race it's a precession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I've been in Spa and it had heavier rain then this and the SC not used

Get on with it! :mad:

Red flag? What? It's not that bad

why dont we just take a tea break and go back out racing when it stops raining ;)

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    They are in a tough situation, the drivers don't want to be put in a situation where they are in a dangerous situation. We want a race but I don't want to see somebody hurt.

Sorry but as I said "tongue-in-cheek" earlier the sooner we get rid of drivers altogether so we can have some exciting racing the better. Again I have to ask why they're bothering with producing full wet tyres, the same thing happened last year, within two laps of running the inters were faster than the wets.

Now would be the time to throw a red though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Red Flag... Korea all over again

Senna would be turning in his grave

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Red flag...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

They should probably park on the grid for the next 20 minutes...

Edit: Red flag. Hurray!

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    They are in a tough situation, the drivers don't want to be put in a situation where they are in a dangerous situation. We want a race but I don't want to see somebody hurt.

Your supposed to drive to the conditions are you not? If you cannot steer into a corner slow down, its simples. The only thing i see an issue with is spray and not that doesn't seem to be the issue being discussed on the radio, it seems to be grip, to which i say again, you drive to the conditions ect.... A shower of rain should not mean a safety car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Red flag the race ffs :mad: Complete waste of laps if this rain intensity is forecast for another 20 mins

Edit - done, about time.

Red flag is perfectly understandable now tbh. Also, Kobayashi is second :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Autosport wrote: »
    why dont we just take a tea break and go back out racing when it stops raining ;)
    Looks like they took your advice.

In both starts we've had Vettel has dropped a couple of hundred metres behind the SC. Charlie's fault.

Nope when the lights on the safety car go off the lead car then becomes the safety car, they mentioned it a few times today already i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Red flag.

When they restart will it go the distance or stop at two hours.

Advertisement