Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1: Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

cant believe i agree wit eddie jordan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Nope when the lights on the safety car go off the lead car then becomes the safety car, they mentioned it a few times today already i think.

I was under the impression he still had to stay close. Otherwise I stand corrected. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

amacachi wrote: »
    Red flag is perfectly understandable now tbh. Also, Kobayashi is second :D:D:D

Indeed, the only other option was to watch how an SLS handles in the wet...no thanks.

I thought Schui hadn't pitted when the downpour began & thought he was on for a podium...bollox anyway :(

Kxiii wrote: »
    Red flag.

When they restart will it go the distance or stop at two hours.

Time is stopped now as well so when they restart there'll be about an hour and 15 minutes left. A lot of that 45 minutes used so far has been wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Balls. They're paid enough, trained well enough and there's enough safety tech built into the cars and track to let them race through it. I'd much rather they stop the race than instantly send out the safety car, or start under the safety.

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    Indeed, the only other option was to watch how an SLS handles in the wet...no thanks.

I thought Schui hadn't pitted when the downpour began & thought he was on for a podium...bollox anyway :(

He'll regret pitting now, he would've had a free tyre change now. :pac:

Cheer up everyone though, Kobayashi on fresh tyres behind Vettel! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

F1 has totally gone over the top....

Eddie Jordan is totally correct. It was a joke starting the race under the safety car.

Then to bring the safety car out just as it started raining was a joke as well.

I'm seriously getting pis*ed off with F1 over the last few weeks.

Vettel being able to change tyres under red flag in the last round and then they handing the race to him this week.

We won't see racing for 30 mins anyway. We might not even get 75% distance in total today.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Just FYI, there shouldn't be any rain for the remainder of the race, after it stops that is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

This is a joke. Am I right in saying KOB has a big advantage from this red flag as he can now change his wet tyres and stay 2nd.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Guys don't underestimate how awful those conditions are right now.this track isn't like others with huge run off off areas , nothing but brick walls here , its slippier than most in dry not to mention in torrential rain . Its unfair in my opinion to label the drivers pussys or call it a joke , if any of you raced in real-life in any form in similar conditions i doubt you would be so swift to sneer the drivers or race control. I do not think the race should have started under SC however, conditions then were very different then.

• Advertisement

Just FYI, there shouldn't be any rain for the remainder of the race, after it stops that is

they will find another excuse to send the SC out :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭lolie

EnterNow wrote: »

Merc made a balls of it again by bringing him in for inters just as the rain started.
    Could have been a good day but for that.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

amacachi wrote: »
    I was under the impression he still had to stay close. Otherwise I stand corrected. :)

saying the race is red flagged.....

40.11 When the clerk of the course decides it is safe to call in the safety car the message "SAFETY CAR IN THIS LAP" will be displayed on the timing monitors and the car's orange lights will be extinguished This will be the signal to the teams and drivers that it will be entering the pit lane at the end of that lap.
    At this point the first car in line behind the safety car may dictate the pace and, if necessary, fall more than ten car lengths behind it.

http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/rules_and_regulations/sporting_regulations/8687/fia.html

;)

This is a joke. Am I right in saying KOB has a big advantage from this red flag as he can now change his wet tyres and stay 2nd.

prays Kob wins :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Kobayashi is 32/1 to win on betfair :pac:

I would have liked to see his odds before the race

Ross Brawn seems to have lost it. I can't understand why they brought Schui in

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Seems BBC has decided to take a break too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

BBC commentary gone on the HD channel but is still on the normal channel.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

so lewis didnt have a broken suspension so he could still have stayed out and hit a few more cars, i'll say this he made this race exciting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Looking at the replays and all the incidents with Hamilton

Driving like a clown.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

The sound seems to be fine on the non-HD feed.

astrofluff wrote: »

they've just given up on it too.

I wouldn't blame them.

Yup. Can't think of many better people to have behind a leader who you don't want to win. :pac:
    Dcully wrote: »
    Guys don't underestimate how awful those conditions are right now.this track isn't like others with huge run off off areas , nothing but brick walls here , its slippier than must in dry not to mention in torrential rain . Its unfair in my opinion to label the drivers pussys or call it a joke , if any of you raced in real-life in any form in similar conditions u doubt you would be so swift to sneer the drivers if race control. I do not think the race should have started under dc however, conditions then were very different
    Give me a million and I'll do it. And I'm not just saying that for bravado. Obviously by the time the red flag came out that was fair enough but starting the race under the SC was ridiculous. When the inters are quicker than the wets within a few laps of starting what's the point of the wets? When the SC came out for the rain the only people I saw running wide were those on Inters. By the time the red came out it was fair enough but the SC was out too early and starting under the SC was ridiculous.

Hamilton ****e talking as usual, if he thinks he was half a cars length alongside Button then he shouldnt be in motorsport let alone F1, the guy becomes a bigger tit every race :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Lads fúck me but its milling down..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

this rain is ridiculous. things just keep happening for vettel

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    You willing to risk your life for your job? I doubt it and the drivers aren't any different.

Remind me to do some statistical analysis of the danger in F1 over the last 16 years and the danger of crossing the road. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

The water being pushed around by that cleaning truck/ brush thing is unreal, couldn't see it starting for 30 mins + .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

astrofluff wrote: »

Same here, Lewis was being interviewed and then there was a couple of glitches, then no commentary. It's not like they would have much to say anyway :D

Maybe everyone should come back tomorrow :P

Edit: Commentary back on BBC 1 HD.

• Advertisement

but starting the race under the SC was ridiculous
    I agree ive said so already.

Advertisement