Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1: Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Missed another race because of ****ing BBC changing channels :mad:
    Then though I'd record the Setanta repeat, watching away and over the ad break it went from lap 31 to 55 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Great drive from schumacher all day. Kept his nose clean too which was not easy yesterday.
    Schumacher level on points with rosberg now too!

Who were the dodgy looking fellas in the maclaren pit all day? looked stupid.
    Lewis, the dick was too busy to talk to bbc even though he was out of race and had plenty time to show rihanna or whoever around.
    Ive a feeling his stupidity will see him walk away from Maclaren. Is it me or does anyone else feel Martin Whitmarsh much prefers Button and would be happy to see the back of lewis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

mickdw wrote: »
    Is it me or does anyone else feel Martin Whitmarsh much prefers Button and would be happy to see the back of lewis.

If I remember correctly Martin Whitmarsh went out on a limb to sign Button and yes I get that feeling as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Yeah, the coverage has been immense. I was mad dubious about the whole DC Brundle thing but it's working really well.

I nearly choked at the "das ist fantastisch" joke between DC, MS and SV!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Yeah nearly pissed myself at Coulthards joke about learning German through DVDs :D

Lost interest in F1 since Eddie Irvine and Eddie Jordan left but this season has been just brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

That was a proper race. Would have liked to seen Shumi get on the podium, For nostalgic reasons mostly. So glad to see button get the win, but rather we got to see more of a battle for it. Couldn't believe Vettel actually made a mistake. Was shocking having to wait so long for the restart after the red flag but it was necessary. Di Resta had an eventful race, starting to like him more and more. Dunno what to make of the Lewis JB issue. Cracking race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I loved this race.
    But:
    1. We should not have started under the saftey car
    2. The saftey car was out too long at the start
    3. When the rain came down it should have been red flaged earlier
    4. It should have been re started earlier.
    5. After the re start the saftey car should not have been out for so long
    6. Schumacher should have been 2nd

Button had a fantastic drive from last place and deserved the win. Seb threw it away. And the mercedes is so bad in the dry why couldent it have stayed wet.

Oh and the BBC did a good job of keeping the show going during the red flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

decisions wrote: »
    I loved this race.
    But:
    1. We should not have started under the saftey car
    2. The saftey car was out too long at the start
    3. When the rain came down it should have been red flaged earlier
    4. It should have been re started earlier.
    5. After the re start the saftey car should not have been out for so long
    6. Schumacher should have been 2nd

Button had a fantastic drive from last place and deserved the win. Seb threw it away. And the mercedes is so bad in the dry why couldent it have stayed wet.

Oh and the BBC did a good job of keeping the show going during the red flag.

Agree.
    Perhaps it was borderline for the safety car start so I would give them that one given that there are no T cars sitting in the garage these days and the strong possibility of a pile up at first corner and maybe only a handful of cars surviving.
    They were way too cautious on everything else though - Leaving safety car out until track was ready for inters was a joke.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Safety car should have come in at the end of the first lap, it's only reason for being there was to stop a pile up in the first corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Missed another race because of ****ing BBC changing channels :mad:
    Then though I'd record the Setanta repeat, watching away and over the ad break it went from lap 31 to 55 :mad:

Is it on BBc player???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Autosport wrote: »
    Is it on BBc player???

Yep. There's a part 1 and part 2 or a highlights package.

Advertisement