Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1: Round 7 - Canadian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Jessica Michibata, with Button

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

D'ambrosio shouldn't be allowed in, wasn't within that 107% time at any point.
    Q1: 3 **** teams + Alguersari out.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Some nice car control from both Force india and Kobiyashi

Must be the rear wing screwing the McLarens so far.

Feckin live timing is frozen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

That's a great mix at the front of the grid tomorrow.:)

• Advertisement

One wonders if Alonso keeping right while Massa didn't contributed to that 0.017 time difference. Button as usual loses a spot by a few hundredths.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,253 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

It looks like its goin to be a good race 2moro but i hope it rains :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Pretty good Quali despite the inevitable Vettel pole. I think its going to be a great race tomorrow, rain or no rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Looks like D'Ambrosio is going to be allowed race - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92213

Whats the point of the 107% rule if it just gets over-ruled?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Good news, rain looks very likely. McLaren were off message again. Whitmarsh explained that they had set up for wet weather & that it would compromise practice. Whereas Button said that there was little difference between wet & dry setups.

I hope that the Ferraris are quick otherwise Vettel will storm into the distance with the Ferrari's providing a mobile chicane - too slow to catch Vettel but too quick to be passed by anyone else.

Whilst this season has provided better racing the industry will be praying that someone else wins. Nothing turns off punters more that a foregone conclusion.

• Advertisement

Top Dog wrote: »
    Looks like D'Ambrosio is going to be allowed race - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92213

Whats the point of the 107% rule if it just gets over-ruled?

Have to agree. I think at Monaco it was fair enough as they'd been been within the 107% at some point in the weekend but this decision is silly.

Also I hope there is some rain because the tyres look far too durable for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Yes - looks like the Pirelli tyres wear out evenly over longer stints whereas the Bridgestones grained last year and guessing pit-stop timing. I still think there'll be more pitstops anyway if its a dry race. And if it's wet, there'll definitely be plenty of stops.

Found this weather radar - should interesting to watch before the start and also during the race
    http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=WMN

Press the play button and the animation will move for you.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Good News: BBC website reporting wet overcast morning over there and looks like it will be on and off all day.
    Bad News: McLaren 1-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Vettel, Alonso and Hamilton are fine drivers in the wet. Im getting very excited about this race. Hopefully its not an anti-climax. If its showery then it will come down to the best tyre strategy.

Good News: BBC website reporting wet overcast morning over there and looks like it will be on and off all day.
    Bad News: McLaren 1-2.

Put your money where your mouth is, double podium for McLaren is 5/1 :D

Pole man has a huge advantage in the rain especially if they start under the safety car.

From memory Canada isn't bad for drainage when it comes to the rain. Also it's unlikely to be the kind of tropical deluge we've gotten used to in other places.

DRS could be fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Is the race on TV? I can't find it listed anywhere.

BBC as always, 5pm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

And we'll have a wet start to the race me thinks. Its currently raining in Montreal, forecast for some heavier falls in the half hour or so before a clearance towards the start of the race.

I am hoping that Vettel spins early on so that we get a race :D. If it's dry the McLarens will get eaten alive. Ross Brawn was amazed that they had chosen a wet setup for practice & he is should know.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

If the last few races are anything to go by, I expect a Ferrari surge into corner one, Vettel might be forced out wide onto the grass, or he could keep keep his car firmly on the outside line in turn one, he'll automatically have the inside line for turn two.

Just a matter on how wide either of the Ferrari's want their car to be

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

And we'll have a wet start to the race me thinks. Its currently raining in Montreal, forecast for some heavier falls in the half hour or so before a clearance towards the start of the race.

That's pretty cool, nice find. Will be keeping a good eye on this. Dunno how I'm gonna fit weather, live timing and driver tracker on my screen :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

aaronh007 wrote: »
    That's pretty cool, nice find. Will be keeping a good eye on this. Dunno how I'm gonna fit weather, live timing and driver tracker on my screen :/

Excellent!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Looking forward to this race immensely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Excellent!

I think I'll have to put up the McLaren Pitwall thingy to divide my screen properly. That or keep this page open... decisions decisions :p

Forecast for some heavy showers during the race. I'm super excited now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Rain :D

Gonna be an exciting race

• Advertisement

If they start behind the SC for that bit of drizzle they can fcuk right off.:mad:

Advertisement