Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Embarrassedly creeping in ....- echoing dxhound's message!
    Interestingly in the month of Jan/ first THREE weeks Feb, these were my winnings:
    2015: 1 x €50
    2016: 1 x €50
    2017: 1 x €50
    2018:1 x €50
    2019:1 x €50
    2020:1 x €50
    2021 SEVEN x €50

No. of prizebonds hasn't changed much - some cashed in, some new ones bought, some swapped for new ones but very little difference overall.

I have to admit that I was amazed/incredulous/envious when I'd see Hibernicis constantly messaging (last year I think?) about his/her wins - well I'm well above 50% of my predicted/calculated wins for 2021 so I think I'll be singing Dana-like from summer to winter 'It's going to be a cold cold winter without wins'....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John arse

scheister wrote: »
    Little over a year since I got my first batch worth €12,500 still awaiting win number 1
    yeah not good that,but you do know that that sort of money should only win once a year approx with average 'luck',best of luck for the future.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭scheister

John arse wrote: »
    yeah not good that,but you do know that that sort of money should only win once a year approx with average 'luck',best of luck for the future.:D

I then Doubles up then in the summer to just over 25k. I am an optimist i know my day is coming for that first win :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

I have to admit that I was amazed/incredulous/envious when I'd see Hibernicis constantly messaging (last year I think?) about his/her wins

Thanks, rub in my big fat 2021 zero wins why don't you :mad:

Seriously delighted for you tuis, long may it last !

(And it's his by the way) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Usual nout here on 50k.

Hibernicis wrote: »
    (And it's his by the way) :)
    Woman with money? Perish the thought!

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭abff

Which is why I mentioned it in my post but it doesn't help understand you post
    Can you please explain what you mean by your figures for example

Date|New Bonds|Per Day
    03/01/2020|1,066,461,148|6,094,064
    03/04/2020|806,212,471|8,859,478

Is the date 03/04/2020 the day of the draw or the issue date of the bond you won??
    How did you calculate the the new bonds figure on the 03/04/2020
    Is the "per day" figure, calendar days between the two dates ??

The date shown is the date of the draw in which I won a prize. So, if we look at the period 03/01/20 to 03/04/20, I calculated the number of new bonds issued between the two dates by looking at the difference between the serial numbers of the new bonds I received in respect of each ‘win’. I then divided this by the number of calendar days between the two dates - in this particular case, 91 days.

I know that bonds can not be bought on weekends or bank holidays, so you would need to adjust the per day figures if you wanted to calculate the number purchased per working day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭jaffa20

What's the best alternative to prizebonds at the moment? I was considering then but doesn't reallly look like great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Embarrassedly creeping in ....- echoing dxhound's message!

I have to admit that I was amazed/incredulous/envious when I'd see Hibernicis constantly messaging (last year I think?) about his/her wins - well I'm well above 50% of my predicted/calculated wins for 2021 so I think I'll be singing Dana-like from summer to winter 'It's going to be a cold cold winter without wins'....

I haven’t posted here in a few weeks but it’s the usual no win for us. Delighted to see you doing so well tuisginideach- long may it last :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lottie125

Hi I'm new here, was looking for some info on prize bonds and stumbled accross this thread so made an account. I saw above someone say you can buy prize bonds with cash, where can you purchase them? Or is there any other way to buy in bulk? I have €25k in prize bonds (never won anything) i purchased them in €2k increments as thats my max daily allowed with my bank. Would much rather have the full €25k in one lot (even though i doubt it would help me win).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭abff

Lottie125 wrote: »
    Hi I'm new here, was looking for some info on prize bonds and stumbled accross this thread so made an account. I saw above someone say you can buy prize bonds with cash, where can you purchase them? Or is there any other way to buy in bulk? I have €25k in prize bonds (never won anything) i purchased them in €2k increments as thats my max daily allowed with my bank. Would much rather have the full €25k in one lot (even though i doubt it would help me win).

As far as I know, you can still pay by cheque. Whether you actually have a cheque book any more is another matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Lottie125

abff wrote: »
    As far as I know, you can still pay by cheque. Whether you actually have a cheque book any more is another matter.

Don't have a cheque book, i wonder can it be done in form of a bank draft. Might give them a call tomorrow and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Quick question, bought some prize bonds last Saturday in post office, first purchase of prize bonds, how long does it normally take to actually get them, I kind of expected to have them by now.

Nowadays it could take 10 days.

We sold most of ours this week. I posted the form on Tuesday. It was good when we got in but the winnings have diminished to almost nothing. Sold just over €80k and keeping on to the smaller groups which amount to about €10k. We have been invested in crypto for a while now and are doing ok with it so going to move our money there.

cruizer101 wrote: »
    Quick question, bought some prize bonds last Saturday in post office, first purchase of prize bonds, how long does it normally take to actually get them, I kind of expected to have them by now.

tuisginideach is spot on. I bought some online on Sat 13th Feb, they were issued on 18th Feb and arrived in the post yesterday 24th Feb. Might take a few days longer for purchases in a post office. Good luck with them !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,507 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I got my reinvested bonds on Tuesday from last Fridays draw, so that part of the system seems to be up to speed.

I got two separate envelopes with €50 in each. They should have been able to link the two winners to my account, and send €100 in one envelope. This has happened all along, including my winners from 04 January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I got my reinvested bonds on Tuesday from last Fridays draw, so that part of the system seems to be up to speed.

I got two separate envelopes with €50 in each. They should have been able to link the two winners to my account, and send €100 in one envelope. This has happened all along, including my winners from 04 January.
    Calm yourself, its the gov we're talking about here.

You think that you have problems. Think of the huge stack of envelopes that tuisginideach has accumulated since the start of the year.....

Hibernicis wrote: »
    You think that you have problems. Think of the huge stack of envelopes that tuisginideach has accumulated since the start of the year.....

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

Double win for us today from the big batch, so looking forward to the two letters arriving middle of next week :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭PB2018

Wins on 26th February 2021: €0
    Last win: 18th December 2020: €50
    Weeks since last win: 10
    €134k invested in prize bonds since July 2017
    Win ratio: 24 wins in 191 weeks (13%)
    2017 (Jul-Dec): 5 x €50 = €250
    2018 (Jan-Dec): 4 x €50 = €200
    2019 (Jan-Dec): 5 x €50 = €250
    2020 (Jan-Dec): 10 x €50 = €500
    2021 (Jan-date): 0 x €50 = €0

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 26th February 2021: €0
    Last win 18th December 2020: €100
    Total winnings on €25k from Feb 2011 to date: €3150
    2011: €75 x 4 = €300
    2012: €75 x 6 = €450
    2013: €50 x 12 = €600
    2014: €50 x 9 = €450
    2015: €50 x 5 = €250
    2016: €50 x 5 = €250
    2017: €50 x 4 = €200
    2018: €50 x 2 = €100
    2019: €50 x 6 = €300
    2020: €50 x 5 = €250
    2021: €0

12 weeks on the dry ( my bonds, not me )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Nothing for me today, last win October 2020.

However I have control over (but no beneficial ownership) of €100k worth of PBs for a friend, bought October 2020, first win today on this batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

New record @Hibernicis?

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

No Joy.

Jan XXXXX
    Feb XXXX

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John arse

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Nothing for me today, last win October 2020.

However I have control over (but no beneficial ownership) of €100k worth of PBs for a friend, bought October 2020, first win today on this batch.
    yeah well done but one win in five months on 100k-not great,not getting the "luck" obviously.good luck for the future!

Cork Lass wrote: »
    We sold most of ours this week. I posted the form on Tuesday. It was good when we got in but the winnings have diminished to almost nothing. Sold just over €80k and keeping on to the smaller groups which amount to about €10k. We have been invested in crypto for a while now and are doing ok with it so going to move our money there.

Won €50 on this batch today - the irony :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

John arse wrote: »
    yeah well done but one win in five months on 100k-not great,not getting the "luck" obviously.good luck for the future!

No not great, but he'll be delighted to be in the winner's enclosure when I tell him later. The money is just resting there to be eventually (partially) used as a house deposit.

• Advertisement

Only one €50 envelope to dispose of this week :D- honestly, I have no clue what's going on! Three wins from a 27K batch swapped/reinvested (for non-performance) in June 2018. They are the 'most recently purchased' winning bonds .

Interestingly in the months of Jan/Feb, these were my winnings:
    2015: 1 x €50
    2016: 1 x €50
    2017: 2 x €50
    2018:3 x €50
    2019:1 x €50
    2020:1 x €50
    2021 8 x €50

No. of prizebonds hasn't changed much - some cashed in, some new ones bought, some swapped for new ones but very little difference overall.

Advertisement