Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

suomi wrote: »
    The Essie nail polishes are €16 here in Finland. :eek: They do look lovely in the stand where they're all colour-coordinated and pretty though. I've never tried them, I wonder if they really are worth the crazy price.
    musical.x wrote: »
    Tk mxx is so handy. Did you see the barielle shades? They did look quite nice

I don't really think so. A lot of them need a good three coats and are still very sheer. Plus its rare to hear a good word about their formula.

I have some Essie polishes and I agree, I don't think they're worth 16 euro. I find the ~$7.50 they are here is a little high considering that I find them a pain to work with. The colors can be lovely though if you don't mind building up to get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I don't really think so. A lot of them need a good three coats and are still very sheer. Plus its rare to hear a good word about their formula.
    I have some Essie polishes and I agree, I don't think they're worth 16 euro. I find the ~$7.50 they are here is a little high considering that I find them a pain to work with. The colors can be lovely though if you don't mind building up to get that.

Oh okay. I'll just stick to admiring them in the shop then. :p

Here are my nails today. Two coats of No17 Pinking Shear and a coat of Essence Space Queen. My cuticles look awful because I have to keep washing my hands all the time at work. :o

204632.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

I posted this in the nail swap group but if there's anyone here wants in on a new fb nails group just pm me :) there's some youtubers in there we are just trying to get going at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

So these are my nails today. Looking at the pic I didn't do the most stellar job (unlike my previous effort with the nude shade and need to go over with the remover) but I found this one more difficult to work with, more 'wet' and then went tacky rather quickly :( love the colour though.

Essence Colour & Go in You Belong To Me

835bb3a09cf711e1be6a12313820455d_7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

My Essie polishes were mislabelled (possibly why they were on sale for cheapsies) but I think I've got

A List

a-list.png&w=300&h=300

Capri (love this, orangey reds are so lovely)

essie-capri.jpg
    and Pansy

pansy.png&w=300&h=300

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

yeh I noticed that! They don't have the new barry m in though :(
    They have a great selection of essie but they are nearly €13 each and the bottles are small

That's a flipping joke!! €13? They are £7.99 in the UK :eek:

My stash from last week - the 2 OPI on left were reduced in Sallys and the other 2 are FAKE :(
    color clubs I got in Sallys also - Nails Inc online :)

549256_10151832252354041_786119040_9623881_307816445_n.jpg

How do you know the O.P.Is are fake? The bottles do look narrower?

How do you know the O.P.Is are fake? The bottles do look narrower?

Well I tested them, and the glitters came off really easily - which isn't the norm with OPI glitter polish.
    I checked on some blogs online, the brush is different, as is the shape of bottle, lid and inside the lid - and the icons on the back of the bottle.
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Well I tested them, and the glitters came off really easily - which isn't the norm with OPI glitter polish.
    I checked on some blogs online, the brush is different, as is the shape of bottle, lid and inside the lid - and the icons on the back of the bottle.
    :(

Where did you buy them from?

If you bought online and paid via PayPal you can claim the items not received or claim they are fake.

If you claim they are fake you might have to send them back to the company and pay the return postage yourself.

Personally, if they were sent via standard post and don't have a tracking number I would claim they didn't arrive and get a full refund.

I know it's dishonest and it's not a nice thing to do, but to be honest, I wouldn't want to pay the return postage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

Where did you buy the fakes? Not Sallys I hope?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I have a few from the Color CLub iked Sweet Collection, I found the best formula as the green one but in general was disapointed that they took ages to try. Not the best from Color Club.

I picked up Natural Collection Pink Maincure nail polish recently and love it.

It's a gorgeous, sheer baby pink and unlike most other baby/light pinks, it doesn't look white on my fingers.

Got it for €2.84, delighted with it. I have to say, Natural Collection polishes are well worth the small price tag, yes the bottle are small, but the quality of the polish is fantastic for what you get.

I also got their white nail polish for manicure tips, so hopefully will be able to do a french manicure with proper white tips soon. Just have to practise the white tips lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Weekend nails
    Done using Maybeline MNY orange and yellow
    jjmrh5.jpg

^^^^
    Love it! You have some talent! I haven't painted my nails in a couple of days and I just hate looking bare. I might get creative tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

My mani from yesterday

skittle.jpg

Top to bottom
    Essence Sure Azure
    Essence You Belong to Me
    Eyeko Lilac
    Revlon Pink Chiffon
    Essence Nail Tip Whitener Striper

The strangest thing happened though ... Was flicking through my blogs and came accross this from Viva Adonis yesterday using some of the same products, practically identical but I hadn't seen it yet! Subliminal inspiration :)

Wearing Nails Inc Piccadilly Circus now. :)

Picture from Flickr

6431567371_18f16833ca_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Two new varnishes from Walmart

Hard Candy in Just Nails $4

aT32bNkLydDosRoaPO8fR-6wuh7fQTP-ct7nXGeUHb9Lto1-7F7XxUzNqdwfoRSzAGSJWkoQSmXdd89seIDM37ux-6FlgMlW1MkUCN82CsDUHGiDtRPyroWCLw34A29sj4SX_R5ZNbR91OufJF5KlzEAhYsVTtPOhrhGCDZt0PwTEXd8U7F_6g

Essie Sure Shot (about $7)

sure_shot.png

Found a website that sells polishes I can't get here..Sinful Colors, NYX etc. I think I might try it out this week and let you know. Some of the prices just seem to good though!

That Hard Candy polish looks nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Julio__Bitchez

Did these last week during Study week...my study went well obviously haha
    They were supposed to be aztec/illuminati themed

eb38ud.jpg

in4r55.jpg

• Advertisement

I really like Essence Space Queen right now and I keep trying to think of different ways to use it, and here's one attempt. :p I took two pictures because you can't really see the glitter that well in the first picture, and the purple looks more accurate in the second one. Also, ignore my messy cuticles, I've run out of nail polish remover!

205355.JPG

205356.JPG

The pictures don't do them justice, they look really nice in real life. I can't stop staring at them. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

The Space Queen looks amazing over the purple - I must try something like that.

On a related note I love that since I have started a spread sheet of my collection all I had to do is open it up to see if I do have Space Queen rather than rummage around in 3 boxes :)

I may update my spreadsheet! I keep meaning to do it and then I get side tracked and start organising the polish :rolleyes:

I went in to TK MAXX today and was proud of myself for not picking anything up. I saw the Essie and nearly went to the till but on closer inspection I noticed some of the names were wrong. In one package there was a reddish wine colour and also a bright pink and both of them were labelled Tangerine :confused: Anyway now that i'm home I'm happy to have the 13.00 in my purse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Purchased this little beauty today in Boots. Is normally 10 something but it's No7 and I had a 7.50 voucher so its uber cheap!

No7+Summer+of+Dreams+Glitter+Top+Coat+in+Silver.jpg

No%2B7%2Bglitter%2Btop%2Bcoat%2Bsilver%2BNOTD.png (not my pics)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Just did this on my own nails. Fun for the weekend!

379173_10151604940483029_731813028_9576720_1365454303_n.jpg

My own hand this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭magicray

Theres a free nails inc polish in the current issue of In Style magazine :D

I got a bluebell one today

I just painted my nails with ELF Mint Cream and was reminded again what a horrible nail polish it is. Watery, streaky, takes ages to dry... And then I put on a green glitter top coat that I bought a while ago for a euro. The result isn't exactly amazing and I think I'll just remove it right away. :o Here's a picture anyway:

205766.JPG

It's a little brighter and definitely a lot tackier looking in real life. Bleurgh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I see they have gel nail starter kits in Boots for €100, with a gel polish, UV lamp etc..
    Has anyone tried DIY gel nails or know much about them?

I love my polish collection but it'd be nice to get more than a day out of my polish before it's chipped!

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    I see they have gel nail starter kits in Boots for €100, with a gel polish, UV lamp etc..
    Has anyone tried DIY gel nails or know much about them?

I love my polish collection but it'd be nice to get more than a day out of my polish before it's chipped!

Have you considered a gel polish hybrid instead? Gel nails are a lot of work. My nails about 5 post above are a gel uv hybrid so that manicure will last me at least three weeks (though i'll change it before then :D ) but no chips AND if you polish over it, polish doesnt chip as easy!

Advertisement