Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

What do your mean by a gel polish hybrid? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Like nail polish you cure under a lamp. It cures because there is gel in it sothat's why it cures. Google gelish or perfect match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Just put on Nails Inc Tate and don't like it on me, it looks brown on my fingers. :(

Photo from Nails Stories UK

photo1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Konad Nail Polish in 'Soft Grey' (P871). The criss-cross plate is M79 and the tip is M71

9D54C0F7835545C89D7D698DB9BBDAAB-0000317259-0002864457-00500L-4760FAF04F8F482D8AA7D2A481BA3B5E.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I finally received my order of Butter London polishes from BrandAlley this morning. While I'm happy with the polishes, I'm really annoyed that it's taken over 6 weeks for my order to arrive! I remember reading somewhere on this forum that waiting for ages for delivery isn't unusual; would anyone know of any other reputable sites I could order from? I saw in Avoca on Suffolk St that they stock a small selection, but not really big enough for the purchases I have in mind ;)

• Advertisement

jokettle wrote: »
    I finally received my order of Butter London polishes from BrandAlley this morning. While I'm happy with the polishes, I'm really annoyed that it's taken over 6 weeks for my order to arrive! I remember reading somewhere on this forum that waiting for ages for delivery isn't unusual; would anyone know of any other reputable sites I could order from? I saw in Avoca on Suffolk St that they stock a small selection, but not really big enough for the purchases I have in mind ;)
    Both of these website sell Butter London, I've ordered from one of them before (can't remember what one) and delivery was about a week, if even that.

http://www.lookfantastic.com

http://www.hqhair.com/

I ordered with BrandAlley once and cancelled my order after waiting three weeks and it still hadn't been dispatched, never again would I order from them unless they dispatched/delivered faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Isn't that the deal with BrandAlley, that it takes longer? When I ordered from them their confirmation email said this:
    Just so you know how we get such great prices on our site - we don't place an order with the brand until the sales finishes. They then send the items to our distribution centre where one of our team packs up all your purchases to dispatch. This means your products have to make an extra stop before they get to you. If you buy from lots of differents sales, your delivery is dependent on the latest sale end date. This means delivery does take a little longer than you're probably used to (between 7 and 21 working days).

I ordered something at the start of April and got it at the start of May, but I knew I'd be waiting a while so I wasn't fussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Just put on Butter London in Slapper. It's much more green IRL than my photo shows.

7251735546_f34012d1a5.jpg

Now to somehow get ready for bed without smudging it... :/

Just put on Essence Passion For Fashion :)

Photo from Nihrida.com

essence-passion-for-fash.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

cling film nails - first attempt, with Essie's lovie dovie and Nails Inc Blueberry waiting till they dry to top coat them

• Advertisement

Wearing this now. I paint my nails far too much :o

Mavala - The ELLE Orange - Photo from Lipglossiping.com

Elle-Orange-Mavala.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Just put on Essence Passion For Fashion :)

Photo from Nihrida.com
    Oh my god that's an exact copy of Nails Inc Baker Street, which I just bought for 24 euro today argh! Ragin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

That new cheap beauty shop in the Ilac centre sells Stargazer polish. I mind someone on here saying they loved them but couldn't get them anywhere! They sell w7 and Revlon ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

SarahJ wrote: »
    Oh my god that's an exact copy of Nails Inc Baker Street, which I just bought for 24 euro today argh! Ragin!

Nails Inc are nice polishes but not for the price they are being sold at singly. TK MAXX sells sets with a couple of polishes for the price of one I think that might be worth looking into if you like the brand.

Haven't bought any polishes in sooo long! I'm waiting till my holiday and then I'm going to see can I pick up some nice French/Belgium gems :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

That new cheap beauty shop in the Ilac centre sells Stargazer polish. I mind someone on here saying they loved them but couldn't get them anywhere! They sell w7 and Revlon ones too.

That was me! You are a star! I'm heading to Dunlin in July so hopefully I can pick up some :D

I should clarify about the BrandAlley waiting time; I knew I'd be waiting some time, but what bothered me when I finally received the package is that there were 3 "missed delivery" stickers dating from 2 weeks previously. The day it finally arrived was the first day I received a phone call from the delivery guy asking where my apartment was. There were no "you weren't in when we tried to deliver"-type dockets or any type of contact up until that day. I really don't understand why they didn't call me 2 weeks before if they had such trouble finding me!

But sure I got it in the end, and I'm happy with it :) I'll try one of the other websites in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

jokettle wrote: »
    I should clarify about the BrandAlley waiting time; I knew I'd be waiting some time, but what bothered me when I finally received the package is that there were 3 "missed delivery" stickers dating from 2 weeks previously. The day it finally arrived was the first day I received a phone call from the delivery guy asking where my apartment was. There were no "you weren't in when we tried to deliver"-type dockets or any type of contact up until that day. I really don't understand why they didn't call me 2 weeks before if they had such trouble finding me!

But sure I got it in the end, and I'm happy with it :) I'll try one of the other websites in future.

That sounds like a problem with whoever was delivering your package, not BrandAlley itself.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Tastefully tacky :D ?

Barry M Indigo and Urban Outfitters After Hours. The UO is definitely the best glitter I've ever used, very concentrated. Looking to get some different size and shape glitters now.

b20142ff.jpg

That sounds like a problem with whoever was delivering your package, not BrandAlley itself.

Very true. I suppose I had expected to get an email when BrandAlley had dispatched the order too, but I've had nothing from them since ordering. But the order got to me in full so it's a minor complaint about lack of communication, I suppose. A small issue in the grand scheme of things.

Had a bit of a binge this morning! :D:p

7949c098a67811e1af7612313813f8e8_7.jpg

Orly's Flash Glam FX collection: Liquid Vinyl (repromote), Can't Be Tamed, Spazmatic, Mermaid Tale, Sashay My Way, Be Brave

I'm going to be so glittery this summer!

• Advertisement

Essence Nude Glam in Cotton Candy. I've never used Essence polishes before but I was very impressed with how good this is. Taking this photo I smudged the edge of my index finger and when I went to fix it I managed to smudge my thumb really badly so had to redo that too. Grrr.

7269628870_8247d4c677.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

If you smudge a little, lick your finger and rub the smudge gently, should smooth it out.

If you smudge a little, lick your finger and rub the smudge gently, should smooth it out.

Thanks I will remember that for next time :) Unfortunately I smudged the polish right off my thumb so just had to redo it completely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Essence Nude Glam in Cotton Candy. I've never used Essence polishes before but I was very impressed with how good this is. Taking this photo I smudged the edge of my index finger and when I went to fix it I managed to smudge my thumb really badly so had to redo that too. Grrr.

I have this and I love it! it is great for layering and stuff :D
    6-IMG_5319.JPG

I would need three coats but I liked how it looked with just two :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Chickenbutt they're so cool!

I went on a nail polish binge :o I bought 14 polishes this week... >_> will try to get up pictures later

At the moment I'm wearing OPI Rainbow Connection

Rainbow-Connection-OPI-Holiday-2011-Collection-Swatches-Review.jpg

On my right hand and OPI Excuse Moi?

Sunlight-OPI-Excuse-Moi-Review-Swatch.jpg

on my left :cool:

Pictures from www.swatchandlearn.com

Also I dunno if this has been posted yet but have you guys seen the new Essence snow white collection that's coming out in July? Adorable! I need that purple glitter top coat!

sw_preview.png

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

This has made me remember how much I want that rainbow OPI!

I got the free Nails Inc Bluebell nail colour today (came with InStyle magazine). Very pretty shade. You can see it here (not my blog)

http://www.sophieismadeup.com/2012/05/free-nails-inc-with-instyle-magazine.html

df83cbd6a78311e1a9f71231382044a1_7.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic it's off my phone. Here's Revlon Blue Lagoon & Whimsical. Blue Lagoon is sooo pretty! Unfortunately I smudged my nails like 5 times and took it all off in frustration later on :rolleyes::o

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭marquise

Posy wrote: »
    I see they have gel nail starter kits in Boots for €100, with a gel polish, UV lamp etc..
    Has anyone tried DIY gel nails or know much about them?

I love my polish collection but it'd be nice to get more than a day out of my polish before it's chipped!

I bought that kit last week. It's expensive, but I actually found it very easy to use. I did my first manicure with it on Thursday so I haven't tested it fully yet although, it's still perfect (I rarely get more than two days out of polish before I chip it so four days is great for me!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Wearing Models Own Purple Blue today, pretty underwhelmed.. it's a very brownish purple and the blue shimmer is barely visible. Meh.

models-own-beetlejuice-purple-blue_02.jpg - not my photo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Have rimmel sky high on my toes

Rimmel+-+Sky+High.JPG

And Rimmel grass green on my fingers

ADD+DATE+Rimmel+Green+Grass+Artificial+2.jpg

Sunny weather colours :)

Advertisement