Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Konad lady came in today for a demo! Unfortunately, I was working so I ended up smudging some of them. As a result, I only took a photo of three nails :P

Base is Rimmel Lycra Pro in Peppermint. The stamp colour is a Konad pink, but I cant remember the exact shade. The image plate is m56 for the bow, but I cant remember where the flower was from.

Konad_Stamping_Nail_Art_Image_Plate___M56.jpg

52387E47300B4AA2889D42857BB0E66D-0000317259-0002830834-00500L-4F340C9369B0442F93417CD0DFFC4C51.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Hi guys, just to let you know I found all the catrice million styles polishes in my local Sam McCauleys. If anyone wants me to pick them up for them I can coz i know they are hard to find! I got the flake one for a giveaway :D

nursemar I PMd you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Also this is me messing around with scotch tape :-)

Waiting on my first stamping kit in the post!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Hi guys, just to let you know I found all the catrice million styles polishes in my local Sam McCauleys. If anyone wants me to pick them up for them I can coz i know they are hard to find! I got the flake one for a giveaway :D

nursemar I PMd you :rolleyes:
    I pm'd you back there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Also this is me messing around with scotch tape :-)

Waiting on my first stamping kit in the post!

What colours are they? Very pretty!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Wearing NYC Prince Street now :)

Photo from Nail Spotting

IMG_9983w.jpg

wearing this today

Essence- Glamorous Life

IMG_1297-1.jpg

Image courtesy of Google :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Wearing NYC Prince Street now :)

That looks a lot like Catrice Heavy Metallilac but shinier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Uggghhh does anyone else think ELF nail polishes are awful? I bought five or six of them recently and they all take ages to dry and when they do dry, the colour is a bit dull and usually streaky as well. I know they're very cheap but still, I'm a bit disappointed. :p

musical.x wrote: »
    That looks a lot like Catrice Heavy Metallilac but shinier :D
    I can't find pics of that Catrice polish :(

The NYC polish isn't the same Purple colour as in her pic (well, not on me anyway), I don't know how it's that purple in the pic, unless she used a good few coats or purple base coat or something or even the lightening.

• Advertisement

suomi wrote: »
    Uggghhh does anyone else think ELF nail polishes are awful? I bought five or six of them recently and they all take ages to dry and when they do dry, the colour is a bit dull and usually streaky as well. I know they're very cheap but still, I'm a bit disappointed. :p
    I bought a french manicure set from them before, haven't bought another polish from them since, the polishes in the set were awful quality. Watery, sheer, streaky, took forever to dry.

I wouldn't use ELF polishes again if I was given them for free.

Here you go lovely muffin
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBy7cL4CFTUTgu1Y3UkYU4MEwHakt2MiujISfM_Q6iQSsilNZ6

Not my image

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I bought a french manicure set from them before, haven't bought another polish from them since, the polishes in the set were awful quality. Watery, sheer, streaky, took forever to dry.

I wouldn't use ELF polishes again if I was given them for free.

Yeah I definitely won't be bying them again. Though I do like the matte top coat and actually, one of the nail polishes I bought is apparently a "new improved formula", I'll have to try that one out and see if it is any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Are the million style polishes out? Oh time for me to stalk local chemists again I have to have them!
    Have only recently discovered catrice and I blame this forum for the shocking amount I their polishes I've bought- they are fab

Are the million style polishes out? Oh time for me to stalk local chemists again I have to have them!
    Have only recently discovered catrice and I blame this forum for the shocking amount I their polishes I've bought- they are fab

They are out in some places! Some of them are gorgeous :D I think you should buy them all :pac:

there out in cork! Picked up all 8 for someone today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Just saw on the Catrice website there's none of the million styles topcoats available in Dublin :(

What are these Catrice million style polishes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Versatile Fashionista

Sally Hansen Hard as Nails, a little kit that comes with two polishes ('French white tip' and 'Sheerly opal') and nail guides. I didn't use the nail guides however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Was in TJ Maxx today (same thing as TK Maxx but in the US) and picked up these collections for $8 each. So, I'm pretty happy with my finds, think they're great bargains.. And I'm loving these mini sets!

xctmpJ3H5C8.jpg Femme De Cirque minis: I Juggle... Men, So Many Clowns... So Little Time, In the Spot-Light Pink, Step Right Up!
    opi-opi-lil-shooters-mini-pack--limited-edition-4.jpgTexas Collection, lil shooters minis: Austin-tatious Turquoise, I Vant to Be A-Lone Star, Do You Think I'm Tex-y?, RapiDry Top Coat

AAAADAkY0bwAAAAAAXKn_w.jpg?v=1312680933000Serena Glam Slam set with Grape... Set... Match & Servin' Up Sparkle
    51uiM8yAseL._SL500_AA300_.jpgSerena Glam Slam Set with Love is a Racket and Pros & Bronze

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Orlee wrote: »
    Just saw on the Catrice website there's none of the million styles topcoats available in Dublin :(

Saw the full range in McCabes Dundrum this morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Wearing 17 Magnetized in Blue today.. I think I'm in love :o It's not as bright on me as it looks in this picture but it's a gorgeous shade of blue and the ripply effect is lovely.

Not my pic -
    photo1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

eh they have all of them in mccabes in dundrum so I wouldn't trust what you read on their site :) and yes I might have bought one (or six) :rolleyes:

nails-11.jpg

Pythia wrote: »
    Saw the full range in McCabes Dundrum this morning...

d'oh only read that after I'd posted lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Tried stamping by myself this evening! It does take a bit of practice. The colour on my nails looks a little brown, but that's just the light (maybe I should take the photos in the daytime as opposed to the middle of the night :P ). It's actually an old Rimmel 60 Seconds Vinyl Shine in Peaches and Cream (840). Plates were M56 for the tips, and M4 for the flower.

4A841BFF41C34D04BB029626307FF506-0000317259-0002838043-00500L-663E58BBE88A490FAC9AD1A3AC542CF4.jpg

eh they have all of them in mccabes in dundrum so I wouldn't trust what you read on their site :) and yes I might have bought one (or six) :rolleyes:

Meant to say Facebook ... they replied to my comment. Lying so and sos trying to keep me from them :(

How much were they?

Meant to say Facebook ... they replied to my comment. Lying so and sos trying to keep me from them :(

How much were they?

lol they were €2.79 each.... on a different note, I saw someone was selling them on ebay with a starting price of €9ish :eek:

^^^

Cheers ... €9! Jeez, if I won't pay that for OPI I sure aint paying that for Catrice (although don't hold me to that!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

lol they were €2.79 each.... on a different note, I saw someone was selling them on ebay with a starting price of €9ish :eek:

I saw that too and I was thinking, why are they all raving about these on boards?? €9 for Catrice nail polish?? :eek::p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Has anyone been using the magnetic nail-polish?
    I tried the Barry M one in Boots and didn't understand how it's meant to work- it just looked like normal polish.. I'm obviously doing something wrong. :o

Advertisement