Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Have rimmel sky high on my toes

And Rimmel grass green on my fingers

Sunny weather colours :)

Love these colours.. not sure why I always pass Rimmel by without even considering looking/purchasing anything nail related. This has to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

Love the green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Make sure and wear a good base coat if you put on that green Rimmel polish! It stains the nails horribly. I learned the hard way a few years ago, back when I wasn't aware of the existence of such things as base coat :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Put on Ciate Jewel last week. I couldn't stop looking at my nails! Depending on how the light caught it, it was holographic or silver or purple. Love it! Then 2 of my nails broke and the long strands of glitter starting snagging on everything and broke my nails further! Oh well, I still love it! :o:P

My photo in daylight:

7294618070_4ec7a3a977.jpg

Close up from Mirma Natalia on flickr:

6975481752_6aef42cbd5_z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Put on Ciate Jewel last week. I couldn't stop looking at my nails! Depending on how the light caught it, it was holographic or silver or purple. Love it! Then 2 of my nails broke and the long strands of glitter starting snagging on everything and broke my nails further! Oh well, I still love it! :o:P

:eek:

Where did you buy that?

It's beautiful, do want.

• Advertisement

:eek:

Where did you buy that?

It's beautiful, do want.

Got it online - beautybay.com Took just over a week to deliver.

I've seen Ciate in chemists but they never seem to have this colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Got it online - beautybay.com Took just over a week to deliver.

I've seen Ciate in chemists but they never seem to have this colour.

Do you think it will be difficult to remove? How many coats is that?

It would look lovely as a topcoat as well I think.

Pythia wrote: »
    Do you think it will be difficult to remove? How many coats is that?

It would look lovely as a topcoat as well I think.

That's 2 coats I have on, with a top and base coat. I removed it earlier and it was quite easy, so far as glitter polishes go. I soaked a cotton ball in remover, held it on to my nail for about 20 seconds and then wiped - this removed more than half in one go, then I just wiped the rest off and it came away easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

This is why I hate Etsy! I see things that I couldn't possibly afford right now! This is soooo beautiful.

il_570xN.339768136.jpg

Image from daisypam2011

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Wearing Essie Coat Azure now with China Glaze Fairy Dust on my ring fingers.

Photo from All Lacquered Up

essie-coat-azure-nail-polish-swatch-french-affair-spring-2011.jpg

Photo from http://hangiojeyakismazkibana.blogspot.com

DSC_5574.jpg

I saw the Essie stand in Liffey Valley yesterday, €13 per bottle. Almost couldn't believe the prices! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Ooh, I was looking at the essie stand there yesterday too! Is it wrong that I fell in love with it? I didn't buy anything though 'cause I lost ALL of my make up brushes during a luggage mishap in Eindhoven airport last weekend so I'm spending all my money replacing them. :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Wearing Barry M 'Navy' today with yellow stick on stars. Looks like the night sky. ;)
    001C_1.jpg

Got a free Ciaté polish with Marie Claire yesterday. I got Bon Bon - a mauvish taupe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Saorenza wrote: »
    Got a free Ciaté polish with Marie Claire yesterday. I got Bon Bon - a mauvish taupe.

I wanted to get Bon Bon but they only had purple sherbert. Kind of glad it wasn't there though seeing as I bought a load of essence nude polishes :P The purple is actually far nicer for me :)

I dithered for a moment between the Purple Sherbert and the Bon Bon (no Jelly Bean in my local shop) but I have a purple (or two) somewhat similar that I never wear and I am ALL about the nudes and taupes lately :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Picked these up yesterday:

L9FG8.jpg

U3KmM.jpg

And this is what i did with them today:

7Fhsd.jpg

7ooE1.jpg

Omg you got them!! where? I love them but didn't think they would come to ireland :(

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Picked these up yesterday:

And this is what i did with them today:

Ohhh I love them!! How did you do them? And where did you get those little fruit sticker things? So cute!

musical.x wrote: »
    Omg you got them!! where? I love them but didn't think they would come to ireland :(
    I got them in Cork. They had the entire range stocked up but that's all I picked up. I was shocked when I saw them alright coz I haven't seen them anywhere else.
    suomi wrote: »
    Ohhh I love them!! How did you do them? And where did you get those little fruit sticker things? So cute!
    Thanks. I just did them with my dotting tools. Took a while and I need a bit more practice. The fruit things aren't stickers, they are fruit slices that you glue down by Essence. :)

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Thanks. I just did them with my dotting tools. Took a while and I need a bit more practice. The fruit things aren't stickers, they are fruit slices that you glue down by Essence. :)

Oh right, they look really cool! I'll have to check if I could find some online as we don't have Essence here where I live. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

nursemar88, d'you mind me asking where you got the nail wheel? I can't seem to find them anywhere. Tried my local Sally's and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about!

nursemar88, d'you mind me asking where you got the nail wheel? I can't seem to find them anywhere. Tried my local Sally's and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about!

I know you didn't ask me but I'm going to answer anyway :P
    I got mine from eBay - about 3 or 4 euro for 10 incl. delivery. Have a look on eBay for international sellers (China) and buy from one with a very high feed back rating. In my experience they take about 2 weeks to arrive.

suomi wrote: »
    Oh right, they look really cool! I'll have to check if I could find some online as we don't have Essence here where I live. :(
    awh that's a pity. I'm pretty sure they don't sell online unless it's on Ebay. You could always get some in a swap with people :D
    I got them on Born Pretty Store. I've used them a lot and i've got all my nail art tools through them. Fairly cheap and the shipping doesn't take too long. They always have them on ebay too though :D This is the link for where I got them anyways: http://www.bornprettystore.com/clear-false-nail-tips-display-practice-wheel-p-404.html

Has anyone bought nail polish off of asos? Some of the polish is a fair bit cheaper but I'm wondering how well packed they will be :)

musical.x wrote: »
    Has anyone bought nail polish off of asos? Some of the polish is a fair bit cheaper but I'm wondering how well packed they will be :)
    I have.

Most time it's packed into a small black box, other times it's just in plastic wrapping.

It's always arrived undamaged though.

I'm wearing this since yesterday and already have a bit chip on my right thumb. :(

Essie - Over The Top - Photo from Pretty Purple Polish

zsawh.jpg

Close up - Photo from The Daily Varnish

essie-over-the-top-macro.jpg

Has anyone here ever done the lucky dip on nailsinc.com? They are running one at the moment - 6 full size polishes for £15. I'm very tempted but worried about getting a load of colours I won't like...

I bought six new polishes yesterday. Four from H&M, one Mavala polish and one Wet & Wild polish.

207418.jpg

Yellow, silver and pink were a set of three for 3,99. They're just called Yellow, Silver and Pink. :p The yellow one is watery and streaky, the silver one is pretty cool and the pink one is nice as well. The last one is a pink glitter top coat from H&M called Flamingo Pink, cost 1,95.

207421.JPG

The green one is a gorgeous peacock green in real life. Really lovely, only needed two coats. Cost 2,95 I think and it's called Caribbean Frost. The purple one is very cute as well, a bit warmer toned than in the picture. It cost 3,90, it was on sale and it's from Mavala's new spring collection.

Please ignore my horrible looking cuticles and badly painted nails, I was in a hurry!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DuvetCover

Today I'm wearing Zoya's Bevin.

Zoya_Bevin_swatch_True_Collecion.jpg

Not my picture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 DuvetCover

Hey suomi,

Where did u get the mavala polish? I've been looking for their delicious collection without any luck!

Advertisement