Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options
1180181182183184186»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

SATSUMA wrote: »
    Shellac field fox- hate it! So boring! Want it off!

I had that shade done recently, and the girl doing it recommended a rose gold glitter on my ring fingernail. She was so right, it really lifted the shade.

Not much help now, sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Absolutely adore fieldfox

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Absolutely adore fieldfox

Me too, have it on at the minute. Goes with everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Picked up China Glaze no chip top coat as my Sally Hansen insta-dri has gone gloopy and its 3/4 full. Not long opened. I've noticed this lately with the Sally Hansen one, it goes gloopy really quickly, its such a shame as it has put me off buying it again, despite being my favourite top coat, I am sick of having to buy thinner just to continue to use it until its all gone.

I like the CG one, but it takes an age to dry, unlike the SH one, which dried fairly quickly in comparison.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Yeah Sally Hansen insta dry is my favourite but i get no time out of it before it's gloopy.

Any one tried OPI nail envy. My n ails are not great after a series of shellacs :(

Also, anyone know where I can buy Essie polish in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

You should be able to buy Essie polishes in Boots. I know my local Boots has a stand (not Dublin).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Yeah Sally Hansen insta dry is my favourite but i get no time out of it before it's gloopy.

Any one tried OPI nail envy. My n ails are not great after a series of shellacs :(

Yeah same here. I had to put some of that China Glaze one into it to try and use it. The CG one on its own smudges like a mofo, the SH one doesn't.

Never tried those OPI, they're expensive enough, the guts of €30 in Boots I think.

Boots in Liffey Valley sell Essie and I think the Boots in the Jervis Centre might too, could be wrong on that one but LV definitely has them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Never tried OPI Nail Envy but can highly recommend Sally Hansen Advanced Hard As Nails for after gels. I always had weak nails so got gels to make them strong but when I stopped getting gels my nails were like paper, so thin and brittle. After using this my nails are really good, stronger than they were before I started gels. I wear it on it's own or as a base coat for polish. I'm on my second bottle and have had this one a while and it's still thin and usable, not at all gloopy or thick. I'd highly recommend it. Also, it comes in clear or natural (kind of a peachy/pinky colour) if you have a preference :)

Essie is stocked in most Boots, afaik. It's definitely in Blanchardstown and Liffey Valley, anyway.

Got a nail polish in Penneys: PS metals. Shade Gravity, A faint pale copper colour on the nail. Only had time to apply one coat last night. But it does not stay on the nails at all, just flakes off in little bits. My nails are half bare already! I know it was only 2euro but your money would be better spent on a takeaway coffee, it would last you longer than this nail polish!!

Can anyone recommend a rose gold shade of nail polish? When I was looking for one some time back the only one I could find was by Sosu. I used it at the weekend, and realised after an hour why I hadn't worn it in so long: it's pure crap, lasted no length on my nails.

Recommend me a better rose gold polish please!

• Advertisement

Chiffon twirl - shellac or vinylux

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Opi "glow the extra mile" is fab. A shimmery light gold. Internet photos don't do it justice. Very seasonal!

I'm wearing Pink Persuit (shellac) with my ring finger Ice Vapour (shellac)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

Im impressed by essence metal nail polish. Wearing. The silver steal the world and the one called turn up the following. While I did find it awkward to put on, had to correct a lot. On nearly a week and apart from small chipping on top it's still nearly perfect. Used the base and top coat from essence as well

It's a pity this thread has gone so quiet.

Question - where online can I buy long lasting gel polishes?
    I'm looking to get the CND top coat as I've heard great things about it.
    Also I've used some Morgan Taylor polishes and would like to repurchase.
    I'm not in the beauty trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭dragona

Looking to buy a REALLY good peel off base coat. Have been using Barry M but find it useless.

Advertisement