Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I just looove to treat myself after a long day at work by buying nail polish :P

Picked up 2 from the OPI Spiderman Collection
    opi-releasing-spider-man-collection-nail-polish.jpg
    I got Number One Nemesis (first on left, bottom row) which is very close to Chanel Graphite, and Just Spotted The Lizard (second from left, bottom row) which is a dupe of Chanel Peridot.

h62-opi-thanks-a-wind-million.jpg
    OPI Thanks a Windmillion from the Holland Collection.

My+Pointe+Exactly+2.jpg
    OPI My Pointe Exactly from the NYC Ballet Soft Shades Collection.

Why am I all OPI lately?! I can't wait for the Germany collection in the fall. Must have Every Month is Oktoberfest, purely for the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

My first attempt at marble nails- pic is a bit messy as I did it two days ago, but turned out ok. Will need alot more pratise, so better stock up on more varnish!

The essence nail polish works really well although dries in the bowl very quick!

2vjbuya.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

That looks gorgeous, looks really neat too!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

HELP!!! I'm not allowed to wear nail varnish in my job and since I was off this week I painted them loads. Of course I wasn't smart and didn't use a base coat under my black nail varnish. Now my nails are stained really badly and look gick.
    Anyone know a way to get rid of it quick? As I want to throw the Broadway Nails Brush on Gel kit on and would hate for the discolouration to show through.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

HELP!!! I'm not allowed to wear nail varnish in my job and since I was off this week I painted them loads. Of course I wasn't smart and didn't use a base coat under my black nail varnish. Now my nails are stained really badly and look gick.
    Anyone know a way to get rid of it quick? As I want to throw the Broadway Nails Brush on Gel kit on and would hate for the discolouration to show through.
    Thanks
    Lemon juice and sugar.

Lime juice works well too if you've no lemon juice.

Use a nail brush to scrub your nails.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

I got Barry M Red Wine at the weekend, and it is a perfect blood red colour. I LOVE it!!

Btw that's not my hand ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Awful pic but anyway ... Essence Sure Azure and Catrice Have An Ice Day

The topcoat is from the Million Styles collcetion and I absolutely love it! My nails chipped really quickly which is strange for Essence/Catrice so I think it might have been my application.

photo.JPG

Can't wait to get a few more top coats...

Almost forgot, picked these up in TK Maxx €19.98 for all 14 :) Top ones are cream and the bottom are glitter with 2 base/top coats!
    123.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Picked up those Color clubs myself ... but no neons in Stephen's Green :( really wanted the neons!!

Got my Million Styles today too, thank you fellow Boardsie :D

some playing tonight for sure!

Yesterdays nails........

Catrice Heavy Metallic, in the sunshine
    I'm in <3:D

New Image.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Smc30

The OPI NYC Ballet Soft Shades Collection is gorgeous! Does anyone know where I could get the four minis in Dublin City Centre?

• Advertisement

Smc30 wrote: »
    The OPI NYC Ballet Soft Shades Collection is gorgeous! Does anyone know where I could get the four minis in Dublin City Centre?

Possibly Sallys on Drury Street? I know the big chemist in Irish Life Mall had the Mini Stems for €10 recently, so perhaps there? They have an odd selection of OPI in there sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Howdy folks :D finally getting around to painting my nails (damn flu!) Today I am wearing Essence Glam Nude in Café Olé. Sorry for crap pic

07f5765a99d311e1abb012313813106f_7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Hey everyone :)

As many of you know our proposal of having nailpolish swaps were answered in the form of a social group being set up to host them. If yo haven't heard about about it yet then what that means is our nailpolish swaps will be hosted in a private group on Boards but by ourselves.

I have invited a good few of the nailpolish thread regulars but there is always room for anyone who wishes to take part in swaps and use the little community when swaps are not on to review nailpolishes, offer polishes etc.

At this time we are only accepting people who have over 100+ posts.

Once we are fully set up there will be a thread explaining the rules/guideline but until then it would be nice to get the social group active.

If you are interested send me a PM and I can give you access.

Just got an email form Avon,

I'll be receiving one of these lovelies soon! Not sure which colour they are sending me but really excited to try out the new formula seeing as the old formula was pretty good anyway.

avon3.jpg

Picture from beaut.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Posy wrote: »
    Has anyone been using the magnetic nail-polish?
    I tried the Barry M one in Boots and didn't understand how it's meant to work- it just looked like normal polish.. I'm obviously doing something wrong. :o

I got some the other day and it worked really well. The trick is to do a base coat, let it dry and then do another coat over it and rest the magnet straight away on your finger (the magnet has a ridge) over your nail for about 5 seconds.

This is the one I got - 327 Magnetic Burgundy by Barry M.

16ffa72b.jpg

81d0c280.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Got this lovely colour from Nails Inc with InStyle magazine this month! Konad plate m8.

51CBFCAA72934830B74E02F4FF79CA58-0000317259-0002850546-00500L-DD4FEEE6ABA14C6D84C5D1163DCE1F10.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭khan86

Can anyone recommend a good salon that does decent shellac nails around Stephen's Green/Baggot St area please?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

khan86 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good salon that does decent shellac nails around Stephen's Green/Baggot St area please?

I use Dylan Bradshaw on South William St. You could also try the Lady Merrion on Merrion Row (i'm not sure what they do).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

khan86 wrote: »

There's a place in the Stephens Green centre that do them. Opposite the book shop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

522791_3342090154715_842266249_n.jpg

some of my collection :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭khan86

Thanks for the recommendations Dudara and Pythia. Dudara, are you always happy with the results from Dylan Bradshaw? I've never had Shellac done before but heard that a good technician makes all the difference in how long they last. The Lady Merrion is a bit more convenient with regards to location as I'll be pushed for time but I can't find any reviews of it and would prefer to go to a salon on a personal recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've had Jessica gels (2 week mani) and Bio Sculpture (3 week mani) done at Dylan Bradshaw. On all occasions the same technician has done my nails and I think she does a great job. She understands the shape I want (short and sqoval) and the shape lasts over the course of the mani.

Hi Hi :)

Just want to compile a list of anyone wishing to take part in the nailpolish swap this Summer.

Pop you name on this thread if you're interested.

If you can't see thread PM me for an invite :) (must have 100+ posts)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Popped into tkmaxx on my lunchbreak & scored 3 essie polishes for €13. So very pretty and take the edge off a grim day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Was in boots in galway this morning and they've put in an Essie stand!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Was in boots in galway this morning and they've put in an Essie stand!!

yeh I noticed that! They don't have the new barry m in though :(
    They have a great selection of essie but they are nearly €13 each and the bottles are small

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

musical.x wrote: »
    yeh I noticed that! They don't have the new barry m in though :(
    They have a great selection of essie but they are nearly €13 each and the bottles are small
    yeah the price is insane! Especially considering in tk maxx you can get 3 bottles for 12.99 right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

yeah the price is insane! Especially considering in tk maxx you can get 3 bottles for 12.99 right now.

The Essie nail polishes are €16 here in Finland. :eek: They do look lovely in the stand where they're all colour-coordinated and pretty though. I've never tried them, I wonder if they really are worth the crazy price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Tk mxx is so handy. Did you see the barielle shades? They did look quite nice
    suomi wrote: »
    The Essie nail polishes are €16 here in Finland. :eek: They do look lovely in the stand where they're all colour-coordinated and pretty though. I've never tried them, I wonder if they really are worth the crazy price.

I don't really think so. A lot of them need a good three coats and are still very sheer. Plus its rare to hear a good word about their formula.

Advertisement