Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

hdowney wrote: »
    i am going to put the nude shade on today i think. i might wash my hair first then do it (so i don't destroy my handiwork). been too ill to contemplate much the last few days :(

:( I hope your feeling better! I'd wash my hair first. Nothing worse than smudging nail polish right after doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

musical.x wrote: »
    :( I hope your feeling better! I'd wash my hair first. Nothing worse than smudging nail polish right after doing it.

nope not feeling better :( need cheering up tho so

rage-comics-nails.jpg

tumblr_m1vp21R3Gn1r69ecyo1_500.png

:D

oh my god yes. except it is my right hand that looks perty and my left smudgy cos i am left handed.

also with the glitter polish the glitter goes EVERYWHERE!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Got this in Boots today, love it. Was less than €3.

Natural Collection - Champagne

Photo from ICoolHunt

view_601%5E

Photo from Little Babble Blog

nails_champagne.jpg

I normally don't like shimmery, sheer, nude colours, but this is fab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Three coats of Models Own - Disco Mix on atm. The fun is going to be had taking this off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Got this bad boy in to review, it's a kind of bloody mary colour in real life, nice but wouldn't shell out €21 on it!

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Got this bad boy in to review, it's a kind of bloody mary colour in real life, nice but wouldn't shell out €21 on it!

omg how did you get it for review?!holy frick!

Did your finger slip on the keyboard when you typed the price :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I would quite like to review Chanel nail varnish. Or Chanel anything for that matter.

you review nail varnish. as in people send you FREE varnish to review?!?!?! FRIENDS :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I saw Nails Inc sets in TK Maxx in Galway yesterday. They had some glittery sets and some more neutral ones - 19.99 for 4 and 14.99 for 3. And some mini bottles with a set of false nail polishes.

I needed cheering up after a tough time lately so went on a but of a nail polish splurge yesterday:)

I'll post what I got later.

Saorenza wrote: »
    I saw Nails Inc sets in TK Maxx in Galway yesterday. They had some glittery sets and some more neutral ones - 19.99 for 4 and 14.99 for 3. And some mini bottles with a set of false nail polishes.

I needed cheering up after a tough time lately so went on a but of a nail polish splurge yesterday:)

I'll post what I got later.

Sorry to hear your having a rough time. You deserve the polish so you buy as much as you like, we won't judge you here :D
    (we may be slightly envious of your polishes though ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

Thanks:) The worse thing that happened was our cat dying after being sick for 3 weeks. We had her nearly 12 years.

I called into the Eyre Sq chemist too and got some polish there and had a chat with the girl there about nail polish:)

Saorenza wrote: »
    Thanks:) The worse thing that happened was our cat dying after being sick for 3 weeks. We had her nearly 12 years.

I called into the Eyre Sq chemist too and got some polish there and had a chat with the girl there about nail polish:)

:( that's awful. Really sorry to hear that. I love animals.

Awh that's so nice! They never talk to me when I buy polish :P I scare them haha.
    I love eyre pharmacy just for the Catrice polishes. I love going in there but it's so small :eek:

omg how did you get it for review?!holy frick!

Did your finger slip on the keyboard when you typed the price :eek:
    Novella wrote: »
    I would quite like to review Chanel nail varnish. Or Chanel anything for that matter.
    you review nail varnish. as in people send you FREE varnish to review?!?!?! FRIENDS :D

Haha for my beauty blog, I'm on the press lists so I was very kindly sent this new varnish and the new bronzer now out until the end of May! I know I'm spoilt rotten but I actually have too much stuff that's why I was all up for the nail varnish swap being talked about or even possibly a makeup swap in general!!:D

But listen, I'm unemployed so I have all this expensive makeup but I'm broke:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Haha for my beauty blog, I'm on the press lists so I was very kindly sent this new varnish and the new bronzer now out until the end of May! I know I'm spoilt rotten but I actually have too much stuff that's why I was all up for the nail varnish swap being talked about or even possibly a makeup swap in general!!:D

But listen, I'm unemployed so I have all this expensive makeup but I'm broke:D
    How do you get on the press list? Do you need to be an MUA?

I'd be up for a make up and nail polish swap tbh.

Would need to be brand new make up for a make up swap I think, couldn't swap used make up for hygiene reasons, in my opinion.

How do you get on the press list? Do you need to be an MUA?

I'd be up for a make up and nail polish swap tbh.

Would need to be brand new make up for a make up swap I think, couldn't swap used make up for hygiene reasons, in my opinion.

I emailed, explained about my blog and writing/MUA aspirations (I'm a Journo grad and training as MUA) and got added to most press lists!

PR companies are a great place to start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Sinful Colors - Green Ocean

April+5+016.JPG

Only wore the polish but I think this will look awesome over a green polish or purple.

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Sinful Colors - Green Ocean

Only wore the polish but I think this will look awesome over a green polish or purple.

colour is a bit misleading there. i was expecting a fabulous rich green glitter polish, bit yellowy on your nails tho

colour is a bit misleading there. i was expecting a fabulous rich green glitter polish, bit yellowy on your nails tho

It was mainly the light though, very difficult to photograph. The polish is designed to wear over polish really.

I'm starting to like my flakie polishes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    I'm starting to like my flakie polishes :D

I love them too ... Is it just me or are they as hard to get off as glitter polish! Grrr ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I am wearing this today - borjois bleu model I love it. - reminds me of the colour of Tiffany boxes!

ebc79dd3.jpg

That's beautiful Dark Phoenix.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I'm new to painting my nails as I'm hopeless at it, but I quite like my latest attempt :)

NYC Lavender Cupcake 257

And Konad 3D Stickers (K3D-25). We've started stocking Konad in the pharmacy I work in so I will eventually be brave enough to try the stamping!

59DC2253BB4C45C9A176EA5ED098CE69-0000317259-0002824186-00500L-DAC8AA0612714F689C88D204F30F66F9.jpg

Alicat wrote: »
    I'm new to painting my nails as I'm hopeless at it, but I quite like my latest attempt :)

NYC Lavender Cupcake 257

And Konad 3D Stickers (K3D-25). We've started stocking Konad in the pharmacy I work in so I will eventually be brave enough to try the stamping!
    You did a fab job! love the colour. The little stickers are adorable :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Is my best friend's birthday today and we went for a (my 2nd ever) manicure today and I chose OPI's Jade is the New Black and was sucked into getting a pedicure (first ever!) and chose Jessica, Juicy Melon. I am a little bummed because my mani is doing that weird thing where it bubbles. But I love the color. Great experience, but too expensive to do it except on special occasions imo.

opi-jade-is-the-new-black-hong-kong-spring-2010.jpg OPI Jade is the New Black

Jessica+Juicy+Melon3.jpg Jessica Juicy Melon

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Just for anyone, brandalley have the opi polishes back on it again :)

awwh I want jessica juicy melon!

How much is it to get a manicure over there chickenbutt?

Got some new dotting tools today, 5 double ended ones for 1.60. I can't wait to get home tomorrow I've been dying to play around with some polishes. :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

awwh I want jessica juicy melon!

How much is it to get a manicure over there chickenbutt?

It all varies from place to place. My manicure was $15, pedicure $25. My friend got shellac for $25.

Advertisement