Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

musical.x wrote: »

:eek:

Wow Ciate come across as all kinds of crazy there!

(I still love Jewel though :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

:eek:

Wow Ciate come across as all kinds of crazy there!

(I still love Jewel though :o)

me too :P but sshhh
    I doubt I'll buy from them now. I'll just admire all of yer nails from afar :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

me too :P but sshhh
    I doubt I'll buy from them now. I'll just admire all of yer nails from afar :)

Ahh I just read about this whole ridiculousness on another blog! Apparently, they don't even own the trademark to "caviar nails", they are only in the process of applying for it. Now all the bloggers who've done DIY tutorials on the trend (for a fraction of the cost mind you) are calling it "fish egg nails" hehe. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Wearing this now

Butter London - Snog

6297983218_8a5b917b71_b.jpg

Photo from AudreyEleven Flickr stream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Versatile Fashionista

Love love love that shade of pink!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Wearing China Glaze - Refresh mint today. I thought I wouldn't love anything more then Barry M - Mint Green. I might have found a replacement though! :o

China_glaze-re-fresh_mint.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Today I'm rocking one of my 11 purchases from yesterday :rolleyes:

angelica Tweet Me from Penneys (this is one coat over base and under top coat)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Smc30

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
    Ciaté annoyed me with their Cease and Desist letters to bloggers too, especially when you look at what the product is- pouring beads onto nails!
    So instead of getting their Caviar manicure, I ordered these yesterday:
    dscs.jpg
    They are coming from the US so it might take a while but I'll put up a pic of how I get on with them and let you know if I have any trouble with customs etc.

Today I'm rocking one of my 11 purchases from yesterday :rolleyes:

angelica Tweet Me from Penneys (this is one coat over base and under top coat)

What else did you buy? :p It is vital that I know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

so i am just in from up the street. and.... well i bought some things.

Essence Nude Glam - Café Olé
    ess_nude_glam_07.png

Essence Colour and Go - Just In Case
    ColorGoNailpol33_10.png

Essence Colour and Go - Lime Up!
    (the third from the left)
    DSC06477.JPG

Essence Colour and Go - You Belong To Me
    open-uri20120325-6980-1bmop0v-0-medium.?1332690757

Essence Quick Dry Top Coat
    ess_QuickDryTopcoat.png

Catrice - Marylin and Me
    marilyn-and-me.jpg

I will do swatches later and show you how they look on my nails :D

• Advertisement

Well after a particularly horrible weekend I was craving 2 things, a very, very big margarita and nail polish. I skipped the margarita and went for the more obvious solution of retail therapy. :pac:

tumblr_m2kxrgUewJ1rtpqyqo1_500.jpg
    From the top, OPI Animal-istic, Color Club Sweetpea, Essie Dive Bar, Essie Over the Edge, Sally Hansen Gem Crush in Showgirl Chic & Cha-Ching!, Milani Gems, and Hard as Hoof (supposed to be amazing for making your nails hard as a rock and mine always have problems with bending and peeling).

Well after a particularly horrible weekend I was craving 2 things, a very, very big margarita and nail polish. I skipped the margarita and went for the more obvious solution of retail therapy. :pac:

From the top, OPI Animal-istic, Color Club Sweetpea, Essie Dive Bar, Essie Over the Edge, Sally Hansen Gem Crush in Showgirl Chic & Cha-Ching!, Milani Gems, and Hard as Hoof (supposed to be amazing for making your nails hard as a rock and mine always have problems with bending and peeling).

where did you get the hard as hoof? i could most deffoly do with something like that. i have uber crappoid nails

hdowney wrote: »
    so i am just in from up the street. and.... well i bought some things.

I will do swatches later and show you how they look on my nails :D

Essence nude glam cafe ole is fricking gorgeous looking!! Holy moly!

Chickenbutt that colour club sweetpea looks beautiful!

Essence nude glam cafe ole is fricking gorgeous looking!! Holy moly!

Chickenbutt that colour club sweetpea looks beautiful!

i must go back and buy the other nude glam ones (see pic!) but i was drawn to the richness and yummyness of this one (plus it is the same colour as my bedroom walls!!!)

essence+Sortimentsumstellung+Nagellacke+nude+Glam+Swatches.jpg

i must go back and buy the other nude glam ones (see pic!) but i was drawn to the richness and yummyness of this one (plus it is the same colour as my bedroom walls!!!)

I....I want them all....:eek:

I....I want them all....:eek:

i know :D and only 1.29 per polish :D

i know :D and only 1.29 per polish :D

Good point! Less than €10 for all 7....hmmm ;)

I bet that won't have them in Galway now :( Stupid penny's :pac:

i got them in my local chemists :D all the nail varnish i posted plus a tub of vaseline for 12 euro :D

where did you get the hard as hoof? i could most deffoly do with something like that. i have uber crappoid nails

I got this one in the US at Bed, Bath & Beyond for I think $7. I'd give ebay or Amazon a looksie for it... It's the Hard as Hoof Nail Strengthening Cream. I heard about it from a YT girl by the handle of plasmaspeedo.

Edit: Oh, I also meant to say it's pretty small - only 1 oz. but you only use just a teeny bit at a time so I think this will last me forever. It smells really good, though, like almonds!

I got this one in the US at Bed, Bath & Beyond for I think $7. I'd give ebay or Amazon a looksie for it... It's the Hard as Hoof Nail Strengthening Cream. I heard about it from a YT girl by the handle of plasmaspeedo.

a googling i go :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

i wants all the nail varnish!!!!!!!

I love Avon nail varnish, at this stage I think I have most of them :o
    I'm wearing this colour at the moment jazzed up with the nail tattoo from essence with a clear top coat
    100_6056.jpg
    96013_1313525708.jpg
    The nail stickers are quite cute

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Biosculpture in Dawn. It's sort of a greige with lavender micro glitter that's only visible at certain angles. It's nice for the office but I think I'll be lashing on a glitter top coat come Friday... :pac:

7086191937_39c4675fa9_m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Just putting on Catrice Dirty Berry.

catrice-dirty-berry2-cop.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Thought I posted this earlier, but can't seem to find that post, even by searching through my own posts. :confused:

Anyway, I got this on ASOS for around €6.

Essie - Over The Top

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5471/essieoverthetop2528su25.jpg
    This came today and it is gorgeous.

I haven't put it on yet as some of my nails are broken and peeling, so I am just waiting until they are in better condition and I'll try this out.

It looks to be a gorgeous gunmetal colour. Frickin' lurve it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭sexymama

"Just putting on Catrice Dirty Berry"

tomissex,have that colour.LOVE it!!

SM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I have Catrice dirty berry too and I love it! I am also loving genius in a bottle

Was not at all impressed with the catrice nude polishes I bought though :( the essence nudes are way better I found the catrice ones go on streaky

Today I am wearing essie a cut above over essences ticket to the show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

They have them all in the Briarhill pharmacy by the looks of it - nudes all look the same to me but they have at least six Essence nude shades anyway. (I kept an eye out specially.. what has this thread done to me?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

ha I am the same I am always stalking the essence stand in the pharmacy to see if stuff is in! Ive one of the essence nude shades at home its the old packaging ones and its brill

rain on wrote: »
    They have them all in the Briarhill pharmacy by the looks of it - nudes all look the same to me but they have at least six Essence nude shades anyway. (I kept an eye out specially.. what has this thread done to me?)

:D You are a star! I can't wait to go to town :p

• Advertisement

i am going to put the nude shade on today i think. i might wash my hair first then do it (so i don't destroy my handiwork). been too ill to contemplate much the last few days :(

Advertisement